Red fluid leak
Sidney

Cumberland Center, ME

#1 May 28, 2012
I have a 2010 Equinox, and it just started leaking a red/rust colored liquid. The fluid is near the front of the vehicle. I was doing some research, and it appears one option could be transmission fluid. I plan on calling my dealer after the holiday weekend, but until I do, I am wondering if others have had this happen and what the source of the leak was? My car seems to be functioning just fine...I haven't noticed any changes in engine sound, etc. It's been warm lately so I've been using the air conditioner, so I don't know if it could be related or not.

Thanks for any responses!
Matt

United States

#2 May 30, 2012
I certainly understand your concern with this leak. A GM Certified technician should be able to assist in diagnosing and resolving the issue. I would be happy to assist you in arranging an appointment at your local dealer if your would like. Please send me an email to [email protected] so I can get the needed details. I hope this is resolved quickly for you.

Matt of GM Customer Service
Sidney

Cumberland Center, ME

#3 May 30, 2012
Matt wrote:
I certainly understand your concern with this leak. A GM Certified technician should be able to assist in diagnosing and resolving the issue. I would be happy to assist you in arranging an appointment at your local dealer if your would like. Please send me an email to [email protected] so I can get the needed details. I hope this is resolved quickly for you.
Matt of GM Customer Service
Matt,

Thank you for the reply! I have made an appointment with my local dealer for Monday. One question...I purchased my Equinox in July 2009...so very early on with the new style. I hope that whatever the cause of this leak is, is covered by my warranty...it will be 3 years in July, 2012. So, should whatever the cause of the leak is, should be covered by warranty?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Equinox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Equinox Central.com --- Owners have posted lot... (Oct '06) Tue vining1976 531
changed oil will not start now and key will not... Aug 31 chris claxton 1
2006 Equinox radio questions (Nov '09) Aug 28 Maria T 2
How to change headlight bulb (Dec '08) Aug 21 D Bonds 5
Chevy Equinox - PCM Root of Problems (May '08) Aug 18 RENGLISH2892 144
Equinox air conditioner (Apr '08) Aug 8 podgramma 286
2006 Equinox AC Problem (Jan '10) Aug 5 jatiblamo 25
More from around the web