2006 equinox water pump diagnosis

Posted in the Chevrolet Equinox Forum

fabian

New York, NY

#1 Oct 1, 2010
i have a 2006 equinox that overheated the other day while i waited in the drive through for my bank. i checked the water and it was fine. So i let cooldown and drove home. Now, when im driving the car runs perfect, or it seem to, but the a/c runs warmer while im at a stop or slowing under 15 miles. Can it be the water pump in relation to the pullies including the a/c ? is there any TSB's out. please help im broke!!! and people charge above 100 an hr of diagnosis when they more than likely already know the problem with all their experience. please help
shaun

United States

#2 May 15, 2013
Omg thats wst going on with my truck yes we have da same kind of truck ...
Joey

Woodbury, NJ

#3 Sep 6, 2013
fabian wrote:
i have a 2006 equinox that overheated the other day while i waited in the drive through for my bank. i checked the water and it was fine. So i let cooldown and drove home. Now, when im driving the car runs perfect, or it seem to, but the a/c runs warmer while im at a stop or slowing under 15 miles. Can it be the water pump in relation to the pullies including the a/c ? is there any TSB's out. please help im broke!!! and people charge above 100 an hr of diagnosis when they more than likely already know the problem with all their experience. please help
It's probably your cooling fan motor or motors. The motors are know to fail and also the connectors to the fan motors burn up which can keep the 12volts from getting to the motors causing over heating and you A/C to be much warmer. When it is fully warmed up pop the hood and observe the fans running. Both should be running. They do run at 2 speeds, low and high. If only one fan works then you have a bad fan motor and or connector. Wiggle the connector or force it in and see it the fan kicks on. BUT BE SAFE! THESE FANS TURN ON WITHOUT WARNING AND CAN CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY TO YOUR FINGERS AND HANDS! DO NOT WEAR LOOSE CLOTHING OR CORDS FROM A HOODIE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Equinox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
05 Equinox trouble (Sep '06) 18 hr Lamar 222
Equinox Central.com --- Owners have posted lot... (Oct '06) Dec 24 Robf1988 503
oil leak after oil change at dealership (Oct '13) Dec 23 narthur1 2
2006 Chevy Equinox heater blows cool air? (May '08) Dec 21 Philly 713
Chevy Equinox - PCM Root of Problems (May '08) Dec 16 Jr E 135
2007 Chevy Equinox (Dec '06) Dec 16 PaulJ 400
Turn Signal Question (Apr '10) Dec 13 Tony 02 8
More from around the web