Chevy Equinox 18MPG Road Test

Chevy Equinox 18MPG Road Test

There are 10 comments on the forums.motortrend.com story from Mar 28, 2010, titled Chevy Equinox 18MPG Road Test. In it, forums.motortrend.com reports that:

Car & Driver tests the Equinox and discovers a very poor fuel economy of 18mpg in mixed driving.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at forums.motortrend.com.

Gustavo Meehavo

Greencastle, PA

#1 Mar 28, 2010
We knew the claims of 32mpg were exagerated, and further propogated by the fellow government agency the EPA, but the truth comes out and it doesn't look so well.
Ulf

Greensboro, NC

#2 Mar 29, 2010
The rental feedback has offered similar concern. As low as 14mpg for some customers, seems the transmission just wants to hunt for 6th gear all the time, poor little 4-banger can't pull the load.
Ulf

Greencastle, PA

#3 Mar 29, 2010
The Equinox is for low income families.
wonc

United States

#4 Mar 29, 2010
It seems more like a set up. These editors may have pushed accelerator too hard.
Gas Hawg

Greencastle, PA

#5 Apr 5, 2010
Has the fuel economy improved?

I saw the Rav4 outsold the Equinox by an over 2 to 1 margin in March.
kristina

Hagerstown, MD

#6 Apr 5, 2010
Ulf... Why would you make such a comment that this car is for "low-income" families?? What do you consider "low-income"??? All the issues that Toyota is having I wouldn't consider the Highlander or 4-Runner a "low-income" family. You shouldn't beieve everything you read especially from a dealership.. test driving would be a smart thing to do.. I drive approximaetly 50 miles a day roundtrip for work (not including any arons) and a full tank will get me 5-6 days. This would be a "6 banger" which would suck gas faster then a "4 banger"..
Gustavo Meehavo

Greensboro, NC

#7 Apr 6, 2010
kristina wrote:
Ulf... Why would you make such a comment that this car is for "low-income" families?? What do you consider "low-income"??? All the issues that Toyota is having I wouldn't consider the Highlander or 4-Runner a "low-income" family. You shouldn't beieve everything you read especially from a dealership.. test driving would be a smart thing to do.. I drive approximaetly 50 miles a day roundtrip for work (not including any arons) and a full tank will get me 5-6 days. This would be a "6 banger" which would suck gas faster then a "4 banger"..
What exactly is an "aron"?
kristina

Hagerstown, MD

#8 Apr 6, 2010
Gustavo Meehavo wrote:
<quoted text>What exactly is an "aron"?
So sorry.. "Errand" Gustavo. Gracias!
Gustavo Meehavo

Greensboro, NC

#9 Apr 6, 2010
kristina wrote:
<quoted text>
So sorry.. "Errand" Gustavo. Gracias!
We are practically neighbors, just looking out for ya.

Talk about some beautiful weather in these parts, eh?
kristina

Brunswick, MD

#10 Apr 6, 2010
Yes extreamly beautiful! Tomorrow will be just the same as today, and Thursday RAIN! EW! I still need help on my car though.. I posted my situaion under the blog of "pcm root of problems" yesterday...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Equinox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Engine Misfire/Sputter (Jan '11) Thu car restore 105
Equinox Central.com --- Owners have posted lot... (Oct '06) Thu Neverbuychevy 525
05 Equinox trouble (Sep '06) Jun 30 Shiane 224
2007 Chevy Equinox (Dec '06) Jun 18 James 402
service stabilitrak (Nov '09) Jun 16 Pat pulgarin 10
2005 chevy equinox problems (Feb '10) Jun 13 Don 63
2011 chevy equinox odor (Sep '11) Jun 13 Irene 12
More from around the web