Mike

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

Should a 2008 Equinox make an audible ticking noise along with the indicator arrows on the dash when signaling a turn? I thought mine did but noticed today it isn't doing it.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

Mike wrote:
Should a 2008 Equinox make an audible ticking noise along with the indicator arrows on the dash when signaling a turn? I thought mine did but noticed today it isn't doing it.
Thanks,
Mike
Just took the car for another drive and their is definitely loud ticking with the turn signals nownow! Must have been some problem which has resolved itself; permanently I hope!

Mike

Since: Oct 10

Blair, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2010

Mike wrote:
Thanks,
Mike
I have the same problem with my 2007 along with lots of other issues. I think some are PCM related shuttering,radio power/dash light,(faulty wiper relay problem unrelated to pcm. I have taken it to GM and they will not replace the pcm because they have no proof because it only happens every 3 months and there is no codes and they cant get it to repeat the problem. I have had service trac light come on with a code for the EGR. They wanted to change it and I told thim they were crazy and I was right. It never gave the code again. It would have been a waste of money replacing it $275.00. My Equinox now has 65,000 miles on it and I am not happy with the issues, but I like the vehicle. If someone has had the same issues please shoot my in the right direction.
canada

Orillia, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2010

Mike wrote:
Thanks,
Mike
Only have 23,000 km mine started doing same thing no sound, been a week now hope it resolves itself like yours pretty cheap parts for 23k
Donna D

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

I have a 2007 Equinox (68000k) which I totally love. I've had a few issues here and there, mostly with electrical things failing, but one thing they cannot figure out is the intermittent "non-clicking" of the turn signal. They have checked several times, I mention it every time I go in, but nothing found. To me it seems to be a water issue, when it rains or water on the road, the clicker goes silent, then later in the day it will work. They told me next time it happens; drive it in so they can see/hear it for themselves. I would say it happens at least once a week.
The newest issue is paint chipping and peeling from the inside of rear wheel wells. So much so that it is chipping up into the body and visible. The GM body shop is checking with head office to see if it is under warranty, but they told me probably not. I am arming myself with info as I believe this is a defect and not normal wear and tear.
what now

Hillsboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2012

Judged:

after talking with the local dealer service department. about my wife's 2007 equinox. he said 9 out of 10 times a speaker went out. and thats why she isn't hearing the signals and left side speakers. how can i fix this/
julie f

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2014

I have a 2008 chev. Equinox the blinkers work fine but I am not getting the sound when you have your blinker on could you tell me what it might be ?
Thank you

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Chevrolet Equinox Forum right now

Search the Chevrolet Equinox Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Equinox air conditioner (Apr '08) 10 hr Open your eyes 268
Chevy Equinox - PCM Root of Problems (May '08) Mon Sdj 129
2007 Equinox ignition key not releasing like it... (Aug '10) Jul 27 Ernie 94
Engine Misfire/Sputter (Jan '11) Jul 26 Teal Survivor 85
Equinox having trouble starting (Aug '07) Jul 25 Shirley 197
2005 Equinox squeaking/creaking when turning (Mar '10) Jul 20 hazeyfla 42
A/C Issues Jul 16 Annette 1
•••

Buy a New Car