Mitch

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2009

My 07 Chevy Cobalt's front left speaker appears not to be working. We first noticed that the internal chimes (like the turn signals and when you lock the door with the door open) don't work and I noticed today that the front left speaker doesn't seem to be outputting any sound. I moved the radio balance so that it was all left and all front and there was no music. Can anyone help me get to the speaker so I can test wires or have another way to troubleshoot? Thanks so much!
nique518

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2009

This actually just happened to me too!. SOrry I don't have any adivce.
HdR027

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2009

This seems to be the probem with most 07 Cobalts. Also, my power steering does not work either. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Josh

Bow, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2009

I have an 06 and I have the same problem with my speaker too. I pulled the door trim off and pulled the speaker out to try and take a look at the wiring, but its all coiled up inside, and goes through a tube into the car. I didn't have a multi meter when I did it, but you may want to test the speakers themselves and see if you set your meter to ohms and see if you get a reading from it.
JesusFreak

Hershey, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2009

I had the same thing happen with my 07 cobalt-the left speaker went out and the turn signals do not click anymore. I just took it to the dealership and it is under warantee, so they are going to replace the left speaker.
Heather

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2009

I have an 07 cobalt to, which has the same problem as well (not hearing the chime module or music out of the left front speaker), but mine also started having the problem in the front right as well. Its not a constant thing, it seems to work and not work when it wants to, nothing seems to cause it. Mine unfortinatley started doing it after the warranty ran out, but i called customer support and they covered them to look at it. Chevy replaced my front left speaker saying it was a bad connection, but i still have the problem.
Melissa

Gilmer, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2009

I have an 05 cobalt and my front left speaker doesn't work. Sometimes it will come on, but not more than a day. Also we noticed that are turning signals don't click anymore. We have no warranty left, but it seems like this should be a recall considering it looks like a lot of people have this issue.
Jellico Resident

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

I have a 07 cobalt with the same problem has anyone had any luck finding out the problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Patrice

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

My 08 cobalt has the same problems, any suggestions??
Jellico Resident

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

Found out the problem the speakers are not insulated really good I replaced them and everything works good.
Ian Smith

Bunkie, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2010

07 CObalt same left speaker. It is not the speakers nor the radio, I have had Chevy replace them both. It is actually a wire shortage in the door. Your speaker may work every now and again. Best thing is to take off the door panel and find your shortage. It's in the door.
Jellico Resident

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2010

Mine was the speaker, sorry but it fixed mine might be different for someone else.
florida matt

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2010

i have a 07 and i have the same problem with my right speaker it works when it wants to i am guessing just to take it to the dealer and complain is the thing to do
Tiffani

Mobile, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

I have a 2008 Cobalt and water keeps getting in speakers but the dealership says that its my fault? How is that?
Violet

Suwanee, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2010

I have a 2007 Cobalt and both the left and right speakers do not work. You cannot hear the turn signals either. Seems like we all have the same problem! Should I just check the wiring in the door?
HartAttack

Glen Carbon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

I have a 07 cabalt ss, ALL of the speakers are not working. Bought a new radio along with a wiring harness that was more expensive than the new radio, installed STILL no sound. Any suggestions
Rae

Copperas Cove, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2010

I have a 07 cobalt my chimes dont work and my left soeaker doesnt work either apparently this is a common problem. Has anyone found anything out??
kimberly

Huntington Station, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2010

I also have an 07 cobalt. My front right speaker didnt work for a while and my signals didn't make the clicking sound either. Then, the right front speaker started not working either. I don't hear any of the chime sounds at all. Once in a blue moon, I start the car and will hear all of the chimes and the front speakers work for a while. It seems as if they work when the weather is dry. (I am not sure if moisture is a cause of the problem, but it had been suggested to me that moisture was causing a short.) So, maybe it just seems to me as if the front speakers work when the weather is dry. Sometimes the front speakers will just start to work in the middle of a drive. I am just as confused as the others with that problem. My dealership was of NO help at all, and said I would have to pay just to have them look at at, since my car is out of warranty.
Megan

Walnutport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

This is messed up! I've been on quite a few forums about this issue and every single one had at least 20-50 if not more people with the exact problem. My car just started with this issue 3 days ago, i went all over creation (including my Chevrolet dealer) and everyone will either say they do not deal with wiring or it will cost $60-$75 to just have it looked at no necessarily going to figure out the problem.

Chevy is on my DISLIKE list. Not caring to solve any problems or issues they created. Anyone else's 4-ways get stuck? Or anyone's cobalt's rotors warped after just over a year? Coolant reach levels of 200-225?

yeah 1,000's upon 1,000's of people with the same issues. COBALTS are probably chevy's worst creation.
Brittney

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2010

same problem....left front speaker out, no blinker noise. Oh my goodness! if i am not mistaken, there is a recall on the power steering.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of165
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chevrolet Cobalt Discussions

Search the Chevrolet Cobalt Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Cobalt SS\TC are not fast (May '09) 11 hr CobaltLT_TC 64
Two GM Engineers Put on Leave in Recall Scandal Fri How many is too many 7
05 Cobalt LS 26,000 Loss Of Comm w/ Transmissio... (Sep '08) Thu Back N Business 51
Front radio speakers 2007 Cobalt LT.... (Dec '10) Apr 17 Rob 19
'07 Cobalt SHUT OFF on the highway yesterday! (Feb '09) Apr 15 North of 55 52
Bad blood cited between GM, ignition switch sup... Apr 14 kev 1
Reduced Engine Power message (Jul '08) Apr 11 Dale 86
•••

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••
•••
•••