chevrolet 2002 service light
erick

Louisville, KY

#1 Jul 4, 2006
my servic elight comes on and theft system light come on does anyone know what to do
big man

Laredo, TX

#2 Jul 30, 2006
have the sencers checked
mangoplant

San Antonio, TX

#3 Aug 4, 2006
i have a 2002 cav and thats normal in most chevy cars lol everysingle one ive been in has the light on...
Bellz

Mississauga, Canada

#4 Sep 25, 2006
I have an 02 cav, and my service light comes on as soon as I engage the clutch.
I've taken it in, and the code read comes up no errors. Any other suggestions?
tim gebhart

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Aug 16, 2007
check relay under hood sounds like burnt wire or bad conection
Josh

Colonial Heights, VA

#6 Aug 23, 2007
erick wrote:
my servic elight comes on and theft system light come on does anyone know what to do
check your headlights/brakelights, i just had it happen to me and through searching a couple discussion boards and looking at my car, figured out it was just a headlight that triggered the service light. goodluck!
Tom

Alachua, FL

#7 Aug 24, 2007
There are TWO service lights...one is check engine and means the problem is with the engine/transmission and the other is a service vehicle light ( looks like a wrench) which means a body (non drivetrain) problem.
Nick

New York, NY

#8 Aug 25, 2007
Ok, well i have a 2001 cavalier and i have the service(with the wrench) light trac off and ((ABS)) light on and i cant seem to get them to turn off. Now i have change sensors and inspected everything what could be the problem? At some point they were turning off and on depending on what the car wanted to do that day HELP!!
Email me at [email protected]
Elizabeth

Suffolk, VA

#9 Sep 5, 2007
I have a 2001 Chevy Cavalier and the service light (with a wrench) comes on when I start the car. Also a clicking noise happens and the theft system light goes out. I just reached 90,000 miles what could be the problem? Please help! I do not want to waste money on something where I don't trust the mechanic.
Erik

Saint Catharines, Canada

#10 Sep 7, 2007
Check your headlights. Could be a loose connection or burnt out bulb - I had the same clicking and everything yesterday, and I discovered that one of my daytime runner lights was out. Switched the bulb - bye bye issue :)

Since: Sep 07

Live Oak, FL

#11 Sep 8, 2007
Yep, try the headlights. The car does a self test of the headlights ( as wellas some othe circuits) when you start it.
mimi

AOL

#12 Sep 30, 2007
2001 Cavalier....Check engine light is on...Trac light also comes on at times..when it does the check engine light blinks and the car starts to slow down and shake....HELP! What seems to be the problem.
brian

Detroit, MI

#13 Feb 8, 2008
might be a speed sensor. 75 bucks to replace at trans shop if you can find one you trust
wayne

Mineville, NY

#14 Jan 3, 2013
i have a 2002 chevy cavalier,g/f drove it earlier and said the service light came on (wrench)and the headlights went out,what could be the problem?
Larence

Ajax, Canada

#15 May 24, 2013
02 cav. resd these posts. service wrench on. yup, head light out. replaced bulb.$10 plus tax. done. wrench lights out!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Cavalier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cavalier engine swap/interchange (Mar '07) Sat KaCeeMax24 194
'97 Cavalier - will turn over for a second or t... (Jan '08) Aug 26 Scott 108
All dashboard lights coming on (Mar '08) Aug 24 sarniamike 41
2003 Cavalier stalling (Jul '07) Aug 21 Ethan 57
2002 Cavalier Service, Trac off and ABS lights (Dec '07) Aug 18 kevinmaes16 72
fuel pump on 2003 Chevy Cavalier (Nov '06) Aug 16 Jake 766
99 cavalier engine will turn over but not start (Sep '06) Aug 14 Jake 241
More from around the web