First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Eric

Dallas, TX

#1 Mar 15, 2007
Went to start it today and it turns over then blanks out for a second then the rear hatch opens itself and the onstar speaker hisses like it's possesed. and it just won't start.
Please Help
Imme

Chicago, IL

#2 May 1, 2007
your fuct
Bill

United States

#3 May 13, 2007
I have a 2001 Blazer that missses and stalls. The cam senor, coil and coil module have all been replaced to try to fix this problem. When cold, the Blazer runs fine but as it gets warm the problem appears and gets worst then check enginee light comes on. Next the engine starts to stall at low speeds. Has anyone solved this problem.
skychy

AOL

#4 Jul 6, 2007
same promblem as bill. blazer engine just dies in heat, even replced fuel filter....help please.....
Joe

United States

#5 Jul 23, 2007
bill and skychy,have you replaced the crank sensor?The cam sensor runs the injectors and the crank runs the ignition,the crank will run the injectors but the cam won`t run the ignition in a fail situation.
Sheila IL

Chicago, IL

#6 Aug 9, 2007
Hello, Well I have a 2001 Chevy blazer 4dr, Iíve had many small problems most recent is the buttons to switch from 4 wheel dr or to stay on normal which is 2 wheel dr, for some reason out of no where its jumping to 4 wheel on its own, and I did not notice it until I was making a turn & my tires were hard to turn "WHY" because it was on 4 wheel dr... I press the button back to 2 wheel dr, But it jumping on its own does any one know why itís doing this !!! Please help,
EdatCalvary

Diamond Bar, CA

#7 Aug 10, 2007
Low Battery
EdatCalvary

Diamond Bar, CA

#8 Aug 10, 2007
Eric wrote:
Went to start it today and it turns over then blanks out for a second then the rear hatch opens itself and the onstar speaker hisses like it's possesed. and it just won't start.
Please Help
Sounds like a low battery
sandy1862

Pasadena, TX

#9 Aug 26, 2007
does anyone know if there is a fuel pump re-set switch on a 01 blazer 4wd? if so where is it? just replaced the fuel pump and still no start. no fuel getting from the tank to the filter.anyone have any suggestions?
kcgal

Herndon, VA

#10 May 10, 2008
Help when we went to shut off our blazer today key was out of the ignition and it continued to have music playing even when the doors were opened put key back in, turned it back to the on position it hesitated then started the engine but when turning it off again the engine continued to run. Got home turned off okay but went out later and the engine sounded as if it was trying to start itself....alot of clicking etc no one in the car....possessed at best.
Joe

Hicksville, NY

#11 Jul 15, 2008
Would a bad cam or crank sensor run a check engine light?
David

Bristol, PA

#12 Aug 2, 2008
I had the same problem...took it to the dealer and they had to repalce the dash switch..I thought it was the relay on the front passenger floor next to the ddor underneath the plastic cover...but it was only the dash switch and everything is normal now....You can even replace it yourself and get a switch for cheep....
Sheila IL wrote:
Hello, Well I have a 2001 Chevy blazer 4dr, Iíve had many small problems most recent is the buttons to switch from 4 wheel dr or to stay on normal which is 2 wheel dr, for some reason out of no where its jumping to 4 wheel on its own, and I did not notice it until I was making a turn & my tires were hard to turn "WHY" because it was on 4 wheel dr... I press the button back to 2 wheel dr, But it jumping on its own does any one know why itís doing this !!! Please help,
Tyra

Oceanside, CA

#13 Sep 11, 2008
Having to replace my fuel pump... car turns on after reving the gas and trying to turn it over several times... when I push the gas the car stalls or don't move.... when it moves it goes about 40mph and then it is ok but when I stop it is hard to get going again. hope it works when the work gets done.
MARY

Berwyn, IL

#14 Oct 2, 2008
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. IT IS THE SWITCH THAT IS ON THE DASHBOARD. IT COST ME $90 INCLUDING LABOR.
Sheila IL wrote:
apac

Kent, WA

#15 Dec 19, 2008
where is the fuel pump relay switch on a 01 blazer s-10
Carlos

West Hempstead, NY

#16 Dec 27, 2008
Joe wrote:
Would a bad cam or crank sensor run a check engine light?
It might but if the cam or crank sensor is bad the usual symptoms is hard starting and some stalling until it finally goes bad then no start.
Carlos

West Hempstead, NY

#17 Dec 27, 2008
sandy1862 wrote:
does anyone know if there is a fuel pump re-set switch on a 01 blazer 4wd? if so where is it? just replaced the fuel pump and still no start. no fuel getting from the tank to the filter.anyone have any suggestions?
No therer is no restart button for the fuel pump. try looking at your fuel pump relay. and the electrical connections to the fuel pump
dab18351

Blakeslee, PA

#18 Dec 29, 2008
I have a 2001 s-10 blazer when i am at highway speed and faster and accelerating especially uphill it feels like something is holding the car back for a second or 2 at a few times then it let's go and i get this boost of power from my foot being down on the pedal to acommadate the lack of power...it goes back and forth with the lack of power...basically it feels like something is holding it back..i checked the trans fluid and it is about 3/4 to 1 inch above the hot...will that effect it or not.Thanks
Blazer Man 2001 ZR2

Winnipeg, Canada

#19 Jan 15, 2009
Is there an inspection door for replacing the fuel pump on a ZR2 4x4 Blazer?
James0311

Streamwood, IL

#20 Jan 22, 2009
Blazer Man 2001 ZR2 wrote:
Is there an inspection door for replacing the fuel pump on a ZR2 4x4 Blazer?
The fuel pump is in the gas tank. The tank needs to be fully removed in order to replace the pump on the full size 2001 Blazer (no inspection door), and I assume it is the same on the ZR2.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Blazer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blazer 4 wheel drive problem (Feb '07) Mar 22 James 487
Removing #3 spark plug on 98' Blazer. Impossible? (Mar '06) Mar 22 alan 113
97 Chevy Blazer Will Not Start (Nov '06) Mar 15 abcluff 182
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Mar 3 Joe Balls 1,530
Gas Gauge Malfunction (Sep '06) Feb '15 Njg3 85
86 Blazer 4x4 gear shifter stuck in place on 2w... Jan '15 ernestiv 1
1998 Blazer Heat/AC Problem (Mar '07) Jan '15 Stark450 125
More from around the web