2001 Chevy S-10 Blazier fire
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mike

Greenwood, MS

#1 Sep 20, 2006
My Blazer caught on fire this morning when I was driving to work. The fire started in the engine. I don't know what caused it. My Blazer ran fine until it just started blowing smoke out of the airconditioner vents and by the time I pulled over (2 seconds) the moter had a 15 foot flame coming out of it. My Blazer burnt to the ground before the fire department could put the fire out. All they know is that it started under the hood.
Crystal Erickson

United States

#2 Nov 23, 2006
That is ironic, Oct 31st, 2006 my 1999 Chevy Blazer caught fire and is also totalled. I had a battery and throttle sensor replaced and seven miles after the vehicle was paid for and left the Chevy service center it started blowing smoke out the vents and hood and then caught fire. I think there is somethign wrong here. Chevy refuses to offer me anythign but $1000 off a car!! The reciept says tested driven and safe to drive!! I do not think this is safe. Ray Hudson Chevy in La Crosse is terrible!!!!
allen in ocala fl

Lady Lake, FL

#3 Feb 12, 2009
Wow I thought I was the only one. I owed a 2001 chevy blazer. The basic same problem i was driveing down the road just turned 99,000 miles and i looked in rear view and smoke billowing out from under vehical. All the gauges read fine oil pressure fine water temp fine nothing a miss. I pulled over and fire on the passanger side around the computer area. within 5-10min fully engulfed in flames in engine compartment. total loss thank god for GAP insureance. this happen in November 08 today is Feburary 09 still W/o vehical Palm Cheveola of Ocala!!!! Any idea on getting this problem fixed please post
JASON IN SC

Johnsonville, SC

#4 Jun 3, 2009
HUH, STARTING TO SEE A TREND. MY 99' 4X4 BLAZER JUST CAUGHT FIRE SAT. THE FUNNY THING IS IT WASN'T EVEN RUNNING WIFE HAD JUST GOT HOME. WE HEARD A NOISE LIKE A BOOM, WENT TO CHECK AND FOUND TRUCK FLAMING... DAMAGE WAS SO BAD I CAN'T EVEN TELL WHERE IS STARTED.
smokin hot

Tulsa, OK

#5 Aug 17, 2009
i was towing my boat home from the lake, 16foot fiberglass trihull, akron ohio, route 8, fairly smooth and no real inclines. the car was smoking like mad when we got off the highway, and I said I'm not stopping till I get home. Got home, backed the boat into the yard, the wife said she saw something flaming fall, and then I pulled it onto the patio, opened the hood, and she was a hot one, just about a 1 to 2 foot flame down between the passenger side spark plug and the wheel well. Put it out, and just waited a little bit, started it back up and it was eh, ok~. There was a red fluid dripping on the ground. Heres what I think. when it gets hot, and the transmission gets hot, the fluid backs up the the transmission dip stick and drips onto the motor and the exhaust. Thank god everyone is ok, and the beloved blazer is still drivable. And to top things off there is now a fire extinguisher in the front seat. I'm going to degrease the engine later tonight, and then drive it tomorrow. Hope for the best.
BigBird smokin hot

Tulsa, OK

#6 Aug 17, 2009
Just degreesed it and wow! Theres a spot where the plug wires run to the drivers side of the motor, and there is the tranmission dipstick, and right in that area there is a hose with a piece of foam on the end of it. From what I could see that hose is a vent for the transmission. It had vented over heated tranny fluid out and collected on the heat shield below. The melting heat shield was what the wife saw dripping out, and now thats toast. I took the soaked foam off the end of the hose and pulled the hose over, because there was slack to move it, so that HOPEFULLY it dips onto the frame of the vehicle and not onto the exhaust. Now I have a pack of marshmellows as well as the fire extinguisher, if I can't put it out next time, I'll at least be able to make the best of the situation.
Matthew Ridley

Bensalem, PA

#7 Sep 23, 2009
my 2001 blazer caught on fire coming home from work. i saw smoke coming out of the passenger side hood i got out, opened the hood, and sure enough my blazer was on fire, before i could react it was engulfed in flames.(Blasted Blaser)
Emma Hanson

Plymouth, MI

#8 Apr 1, 2010
The fire in my blazer started on the passenger side towards the bottom of the engine. Went up quick. GM sucks.
Jane

Murfreesboro, TN

#9 Sep 27, 2010
My 2001 Blazer has approx 117000 miles on it. It was a one owner when we bought it with 16000 miles on it. We have always kept it maintained. Car started fine drove approx 7 miles, turned the car off drove another 3 miles, went into a roadside market, came out got in car put the key in to crank it and it backfired and started smoking and burning the fire appeared on the passanger side around the computer area. Within 5-10 min fully engulfed in flames in engine compartment. Total loss (donations needed) 6 months prior downgraded insurance from full coverage to libality just my luck.
RIP Blazeabago

Madison, WI

#10 Jan 22, 2011
on December 30, 2010 my 2000 Blazer Trailblazer fuse panel shorted out and started on fire. In less than 15 minutes the whole vehicle had burnt up, with over $5000 worth of snowboard gear in it. Seems as though nobody at GM gives a damn. It was not running, but had the hatch open and the only thing on was the dome light. Man I miss my Subaru Outback...
JoAnn

Basehor, KS

#11 May 10, 2011
On feb 4th of 2009... My Blazer which was a 1992 Chevy S10 Blazer with a 4.3 vortec motor, went into flames. I got in it to start it up to go to school and for some reason he didnt want to start. Soon I saw black smoke coming out from under the hood... and realized i was in trouble. I put it in neutrual and pushed it away from my grandparents house... last thing I wanted to to was burn down our place to live. I miss my my Macen... 2 weeks before that I had completely fixed all his problems... THEN HE CAUGHT ON FIRE.
William robertson

United States

#12 Aug 23, 2011
My cherry 2001 S10 Xtreme went up in flames this morning after a short drive. It was parked and turned off and engulfed the engine compartment in flames. Well maintained. 196,000 miles. Total loss.
CJ MacGyver

Salem, OR

#13 Oct 18, 2011
Well here's one more. My 94 S10 Tahoe LT was running fine. Had 143000 miles on it. Parked it at the curb, went into the house for a minute came out and the engine was totally engulfed in flames and smoke. Fire department looked it over and said the windhield wiper motor had shorted out. Damn thing wasn't even running. Still want another one, loved that car!
Dpilkinton

Tifton, GA

#14 Oct 19, 2011
Had a 2000 s10 blazer parked the car on a wednesday night. Went out of town and got a phone call at 2:30 sunday morning and the car was on fire sitting in my yard had not been ran since wednesday and they cant tell me where it started or why it started. It also caught my boat on fire when the tires blew out luckily they responded quickly before it reached the back of the boat which is right next to the house
Doc

United States

#15 Oct 28, 2011
Im sitting on the road at 16000 miles and i have no transnission!! 2001 blazer 4x4. Ive had a new motor put in after i was screwed around by several dealerships... No more Government Motors for me!
luckyone

Roosevelt, UT

#16 Aug 20, 2012
On April 18 i was driving down the hiway with my three children look out the mirrow and nothing but black smoke my chevy blazer cought fire and me and my children barly made it out total loss of every thing stranded 300 miles away from home. Amazing
Burned out

Harrison, NY

#17 Dec 28, 2012
December,28 2012 chevy 2003 blazer catches fire. Pulled into parking spot got out of car went into,ironically a chevy dealership came out and fire was engulfing engine.

Since: Feb 13

United States

#18 Feb 7, 2013
OmGOD should i sell my blazer now!
angela

Vancouver, WA

#19 Apr 27, 2013
I had a 91 Jimmy loved it soo much no problems ran like a champ had it 5 months. Yesterday I was getting ready for class forgot something came in not a minute later 15 foot high flames scary man the weird thing is motor was untouched such bad damage inside every thing melted gone but everything under hood fine wasn't even on
Nshelton

Denver, CO

#20 Jan 1, 2014
My son has/had a 2001 Chevy blazer. Got a call while he was on his way to a friends house it caught fire he said the flames where coming out from under the engine. Very well maintained and didn't leak any fluids, in a matter of a few minutes the entire car was engulfed in flames. The damage was so bad they can't tell where exactly it started from. What a way to ring in the new year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Blazer* Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2002 blazer vacuum lines (Jun '09) Nov 22 Blue Sky 22
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Nov 13 Randy r 1,556
Blazer won't go up hills Nov 12 Ron 3
1998 Blazer Heat/AC Problem (Mar '07) Oct 25 Frmkrys 139
2001 blazer won't start Oct '17 Ashesdusk 2
2001 Blazer transmission (Aug '07) Oct '17 Tyler Durden 48
only mode of transportation need help! Sep '17 jnuss17 1
More from around the web