AVEO computer "freezes"
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kyla

Saskatoon, Canada

#21 Jan 21, 2013
I had this exact problem and it took me almost a year for the dealerships to accept that there was an issue. I do not know if you have had this issue fixed yet or not, but if not check the cylinders. After a year of battling with the dealerships I took in my car for an unrelated issue, when road testing the issue they found that 2 / 4 cylinders were misfiring at an alarming rate. They then verbally advised that "this is a known issued with this model" and replaced all cylinders under my warranty. Issue was finally resolved for the first time in over a year
Kesatria wrote:
My 2006 Aveo also has issues. It has a serious misfiring problem recently. Sparkplugs & ignition cables are okay. The workshop said it's a faulty coil and replaced it. Does not help, still misfiring. Ended up they said it's due to a faulty computer. Swapped with another computer, works fine for a while and then back to the misfiring problems again.
Has anyone experienced similar issues?
Kat

Sumerco, WV

#22 Jan 23, 2013
I'm in WV and have had problems with my 2006 Chevy Aveo LT. It's been very cold here (around 3-4 degrees overnight and only around 27 during the days). The car will start fine, run a few miles, then the battery will completely stall out. I've coasted it to the side of the road, let it sit a few minutes, started it up, same thing. Makes for a VERY unreliable ride! I actually love this car and want to keep it. I have been told it's a sensor issue so if anyone has advice, please share it.
help

United States

#23 Apr 27, 2013
I have a 2006 aveo. When accelerater push down nothing happens got another fuel pump didn't help any ideas.
2006 AVEO COLD WEATHER

Ottawa, IL

#24 Nov 25, 2013
I just bought a 2006 used Aveo recently. Just had a cold spell here. While driving home, engine kind of felt like it had a bump. A small one, and it kept happening more often until car died. I did make it home. My mechanic tells me there is a way from chevrolet to fix it. My car supposedly has water(humidity, pcv valve, etc.) that froze on the way home. The fix is a kit from Chevy to reroute all the vacuum plumbing to heat it while driving. Tow bill plus fix is $864 dollars. Too bad chevrolet does not care about there customers. I will be going back to foreign cars, never a problem. Good luck all Ken
George

Oranjestad, Aruba

#25 Dec 23, 2013
My wife has a 2006 Chevy Aveo ,now the engine went down we replaced it,now the car starts good,engine in good condition but now the problem when you start the car is starts idling low and all at a sudden without touching the gas pedal the engine start on its own reving very high, cannot put it in gear. what is this problem does anyone has the same problem.
south texas

Donna, TX

#26 Jan 16, 2014
You can fix this ...when that happens run it like ten yards then turn it off on drive (without stopping)and then shift it to neutral..wait three seconds anthem turn it on and shift into drive.and it will run fine.
sami

Portland, OR

#27 Jan 26, 2014
Kesatria wrote:
My 2006 Aveo also has issues. It has a serious misfiring problem recently. Sparkplugs & ignition cables are okay. The workshop said it's a faulty coil and replaced it. Does not help, still misfiring. Ended up they said it's due to a faulty computer. Swapped with another computer, works fine for a while and then back to the misfiring problems again.
Has anyone experienced similar issues?
I had this happen and it was my head gasket. and was leaking oil in the spark plugs. check the gasket. and replace all wires and spark plugs
JWSA

Kenosha, WI

#28 Feb 6, 2014
Our 2008 Aveo did the same thing in warm or cold weather at 40,000 miles. After multiple attempts at replacing the wires, ignition coil, spark plugs, and so on, the dealer finally found that one of the #3 valves was stuck, and sent the head out to be machined. They machined it, rebuilt the entire valve train, and the car still missed on both the #1 and #3 cylinders. The dealer performed every test possible, and couldn't figure it out. They then phoned GM, and the GM engineers said that it was the computer. Eventually, after misfiring for long enough, the imbalance can actually damage the valve train, apparently.
Pat

Brandon, Canada

#29 Feb 15, 2014
My daughter has 2009 Aveo and it has same problems, rough idle, no power, won't go more than 50km per hour. Purchased car new, thinking this would take worry out of her getting to work and home, seeing she works 12 hour evenings usually 3pm to 3am, in this miserable cold winter. I also won't be buying GM again as dealer and car no good and no help. Problems started early and outside temperatures don't matter hot or cold, we have both extremes here in Manitoba, Canada
mark

United States

#30 Mar 20, 2014
I drove my 09 aveo to parking spot then took battery out it has been out for several months then I put it back in to start the car and it will not even turn the starter over could someone tell me what to do

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Aveo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oil in coolant reservoir (Aug '15) Sun jlcamp22 7
Trouble filling gas tank (Nov '06) May 21 jammer807 484
the chevy aveo's big secret power all owners mu... (Oct '08) May 20 Stephen Williams 454
Aveo Remote settings May 10 Adriaan Theron 1
2004 aveo radio help (May '10) May 4 Kerri 17
2010 Aveo Coolant Circulation Issues - Overheating (Sep '14) May 2 Albino956 11
chevy aveo won't turn over (Jul '13) Apr 28 Chasexx23 30
More from around the web