MAP sensor location, "not MAF sensor"...

MAP sensor location, "not MAF sensor". 2000 astro 4.3 2WD cargo van.

Posted in the Chevrolet Astro* Forum

Chris

United States

#1 May 21, 2008
I can't find this MAP sensor. I've looked from all angles. I've had the doghouse off and I'm looking for a vacuum line that goes to it. No luck. This shouldn't be so hard to find. Thank's.
mastrn8

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Jul 28, 2008
I think that the astro comes with a mass air-flow sensor. Cars with these do not have a manifold air pressure sensor because it would be redundant. The idea with both of these sensors is to tell the ecu how much air is going to the engine. M.A.P sensors are 'better' but for most applications they are unnecessary.
james

United States

#3 Jan 8, 2011
i have been raddling my brain trying to find the map sensor on my car (going nuts) now to find out there isn't one.i have the mass air flow sensors
why didn't the guy that sold me the map sensor for my car say that when i gave him the year/make/model ?????
Dedsqwirl

Northville, MI

#4 Jun 25, 2013
The MAP sensor is on the driver's side of the intake. Take the doghouse off and you can see it.

I know this is an old post but, if you got here from a Google search it'll help.
Dedsqwirl

Northville, MI

#5 Jun 25, 2013
mastrn8 wrote:
I think that the astro comes with a mass air-flow sensor. Cars with these do not have a manifold air pressure sensor because it would be redundant. The idea with both of these sensors is to tell the ecu how much air is going to the engine. M.A.P sensors are 'better' but for most applications they are unnecessary.
Astro has both.
BigJune

Newbury Park, CA

#6 May 20, 2015
my car threw a maf sensor code and i bought a new maf sensor and the problem still exist scratch my head i need help

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Astro* Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2000 AWD Astro Van (Jan '07) 7 hr Mechanic by appoi... 38
Help for 1994 Astro van middle bulb/lens on tai... Dec 9 DocScott 1
Short in charging system on '98 astro. (Dec '11) Dec 7 Johnwaynefan01 2
no heat on 4.3 chevy astro (Feb '12) Nov 20 kevAlger 3
Vibration at idle (Sep '10) Nov 16 05 Schtutka 11
Chevy Astro AC/Heater Blower Vent control not w... (Oct '06) Nov '17 beckster77 231
astro van rough idle (Oct '07) Nov '17 Randy 39
More from around the web