GM Expands Recall Of Some 2011 Trucks, SUVs

There are 3 comments on the Jan 15, 2011, WFMZ story titled GM Expands Recall Of Some 2011 Trucks, SUVs. In it, WFMZ reports that:

General Motors is expanding an earlier recall of some 2011 model-year trucks and SUVs to fix a problem that could cause the vehicles' rear axles to lock.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

mad gm owner

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Jan 16, 2011
i have been telling gm dealers my 2010 silverado has a clunking noise in the rear end. took it two dealers and both dealers assured me that nothing was wrong with it and the whining and clunking was perfectly normal and everything is within specifications. i wonder if i can get this fixed now. truck was purchased in may 2010 and had three thousand miles on it when the noise appeared
Gm man

Washington, MI

#2 Jan 16, 2011
mad gm owner wrote:
i have been telling gm dealers my 2010 silverado has a clunking noise in the rear end. took it two dealers and both dealers assured me that nothing was wrong with it and the whining and clunking was perfectly normal and everything is within specifications. i wonder if i can get this fixed now. truck was purchased in may 2010 and had three thousand miles on it when the noise appeared
2011 models were recalled, not 2010
Typical

Reading, PA

#3 Jan 16, 2011
mad gm owner wrote:
Check the oil level. If that checks out, drain the fluid and check for metal shavings. If you find shavings, remove the rear cover and check the gears and bearings. It takes literally 1/2 hour to do everything.

If you find something at one of those steps, stop and take note of it. Also, double check to see that the universal joints on the drive shaft are not sloppy.

Do a little big of investigation before you make a clain against them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cadillac Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GM Avoids Recall of 2 Million Trucks for Corrod... Apr 9 kevin 1
News Stars and cars at the 'Furious 7' premiere Apr 9 RIP Paul Walker 1
News Cadillac's Next-Gen V-6 Engines: The Fun One Ha... Apr 8 ray 1
News Buffett says he'll buy more auto dealerships Apr 1 johan 1
bolt pattern/rim specs (Apr '07) Mar '15 ben 68
News Problems & Solutions (Jan '06) Mar '15 99Cadillacsts 356
News Barra Low-Balling GM Prospects For 2015 Jan '15 Solarman 1
More from around the web