STS Packs a Punch: It features GM's m...

STS Packs a Punch: It features GM's most powerful V6

There are 12 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from May 13, 2007, titled STS Packs a Punch: It features GM's most powerful V6. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

“This is another step in the Cadillac renaissance in terms of getting increased consideration by today's ... luxury car buyers”

Above, GM showed off the 2008 Cadillac STS on Friday at the Milford Proving Grounds. via Detroit Free Press

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Since: Apr 07

ridgefarm Il

#1 May 14, 2007
The guys in detroit need to learn that POWER does not sell, MPG sells.
ben berlinsky

Little Valley, NY

#2 May 14, 2007
do powerful mid-class cars sell? no. do powerful luxury cars sell? yes, like crazy.
Root

Bossier City, LA

#3 May 14, 2007
Tom Loy wrote:
The guys in detroit need to learn that POWER does not sell, MPG sells.
Once again a negative post. Be damn if something positive comes out from GM. I just don’t understand how someone can live their life in such a negative manner, truly unbelievable.

ridgefarm Il

#4 May 14, 2007
Not anymore. With gas prices pushing $3, $4 in other places, MPG is driving the market, not power. Otherwise SUV's and pickups would be selling like hotcakes and they're not. Notice Dodge has dropped its ads praising the power of some dodge autos.
ben berlinsky

Little Valley, NY

#5 May 14, 2007
the rich and powerful dotn care about gas mileage

ridgefarm Il

#6 May 14, 2007
ben berlinsky wrote:
the rich and powerful dotn care about gas mileage
I hate to burst your bubble but most of the people who buy cars are neither rich, nor powerful.
ben berlinsky

Little Valley, NY

#7 May 14, 2007
this is true, but look at the cars the rich ride in. Trump rides in a maybach most of the time, which gets about 13 mpg. and actually, come to think of it, the richest man in the world Warren Buffet drives a caddy sts!
Root

Bossier City, LA

#8 May 14, 2007
Tom Loy wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to burst your bubble but most of the people who buy cars are neither rich, nor powerful.
He is stating that people who buy performance luxury sedans can afford the gasoline. Same applies to the purchasers of large SUV’s. Not to say that some people don’t watch the prices at the pump, but the majority of folks don’t necessarily need to. It is a given and a known when the vehicles are purchased that gasoline is a factor of the operating costs of such vehicles. These vehicles are premium and return large profits. This is the reason GM makes them. This also applies to the large profits made from the sale of full size SUV’s. If a vehicle doesn’t turn a profit, then production will cease.
con_tiki

Burlington, Canada

#9 May 14, 2007
ben berlinsky wrote:
this is true, but look at the cars the rich ride in. Trump rides in a maybach most of the time, which gets about 13 mpg. and actually, come to think of it, the richest man in the world Warren Buffet drives a caddy sts!
I hate to burst your bubble but Warren Buffet is not the richest man in the world.

Bill Gates has that position in the world.
ben berlinsky

Little Valley, NY

#10 May 14, 2007
possibly, but warren buffet, along with gates, trump, etc. is top 5, at least!

and he drives a caddy sts.

ridgefarm Il

#11 May 14, 2007
I would be more impressed if he drove a honda civic.
ben berlinsky

Little Valley, NY

#12 May 14, 2007
i am impressed enough that he drives a caddy. not because they arent good, which they are, but because he can buy any car he wants

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cadillac STS Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Problems & Solutions (Jan '06) Apr 17 TERRYE2 360
STS navigation screen stuck between popup/on an... Mar '17 Advents 2
Key fob Jan '17 Brianalex 1
Transmission shift solenoid Nov '16 Heath 1
Chilton Repair Manual for 1990 - 1998 Cadillac STS (Apr '08) Nov '16 Heath 10
2008 sts wont shut off (Jul '16) Jul '16 jdzzl816b 1
2006 sts clicking upon accelaration (Jan '16) Jan '16 Joe g 1
More from around the web