Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Jan 19, 2012
mastersam2000

Beverly Hills, CA

#1 Dec 23, 2006
code c1282- yaw rate sensor bias malfunction
anybody came across check engine lights abs parking brakes and traction control light the a/c won't work, as soon as lights comes on.
hibiscuslover

East Brunswick, NJ

#2 Jun 5, 2007
Yes, we have problem with the traction control light coming on, and we can't get any Cadillac dealer to be able to fix it! Any recent news on this issue???
MadamTea

Plano, TX

#3 Aug 14, 2007
Could anyone provide free keyless remote programming instructions for '93 STS OEM remotes?(4.6L V-8) Looks like I was stiffed when I purchased used OEM remotes from an on-line individual. TIA ;)
WRANDY WRENCH

Moose Jaw, Canada

#4 Sep 3, 2007
MadamTea wrote:
Could anyone provide free keyless remote programming instructions for '93 STS OEM remotes?(4.6L V-8) Looks like I was stiffed when I purchased used OEM remotes from an on-line individual. TIA ;)
no we dont give that out over the internet b1212TCH !!
Chris

Huntsville, AL

#5 Sep 7, 2007
mastersam2000 wrote:
code c1282- yaw rate sensor bias malfunction
anybody came across check engine lights abs parking brakes and traction control light the a/c won't work, as soon as lights comes on.
I have the same problem on my 2002 SLS. ABS and Traction Control lights come on and the AC is off. Has anyone figured out how to solve this? The dealership has no idea how to fix it, and can't seem to reproduce it consistantly. No error codes are in the computer according to the dealership.
WRANDY WRENCH

Moose Jaw, Canada

#6 Sep 8, 2007
What are you talking about chris ????any dealer can fix this with no problem....... i should know I work at one !!!!!!!! who have you been dealing with barnies backyard mechanic ????????come on ,dont be so cheap......... take it to a real dealer........ya tard !!!!!!!!
Chris

Huntsville, AL

#7 Sep 11, 2007
WRANDY WRENCH wrote:
What are you talking about chris ????any dealer can fix this with no problem....... i should know I work at one !!!!!!!! who have you been dealing with barnies backyard mechanic ????????come on ,dont be so cheap......... take it to a real dealer........ya tard !!!!!!!!
After two weeks with a dealership, they can only reproduce the problem occassionally if the car in on a incline or decline and no codes are available. Love to hear your ideas if you have any, two dealership mechanics with 30 or more years do not know how to fix it. Even corporate does not know what to suggest next short of replacing a wiring harness.
WRANDY WRENCH

Moose Jaw, Canada

#8 Sep 11, 2007
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
After two weeks with a dealership, they can only reproduce the problem occassionally if the car in on a incline or decline and no codes are available. Love to hear your ideas if you have any, two dealership mechanics with 30 or more years do not know how to fix it. Even corporate does not know what to suggest next short of replacing a wiring harness.
chris,they are pulling your chain..... its an easy fix !!!
Hansen

Ithaca, NY

#9 Oct 21, 2007
Then Randy, what does the fix entail if you know so much?
Wilson

Peoria, IL

#10 Nov 9, 2007
I would like to know too! I have a 2003 CTS with the same problem.
f d b

United States

#11 Jan 8, 2008
i would to know too. Heritage Cadillac could not correct the problem either...
joan

United States

#12 Jul 29, 2008
Trac light comes on and we lose power down to 35 mis. and hour . Dealer can't seem to come up with a solution to the problem. We have taken it back to the dealer about four times. Can you tell us what the problem is? We have taken to a Ford dealer.
tom

AOL

#13 Oct 1, 2008
i also have a 1998 cad deville when i strart from zero it grinds gears like when it's wet and give to much gas. but now it activates the traction control when it's dry and i very lightly give gas after about an hour of driving servive system stability light comes on ... my mechanic charged me almost $700.00. i have brought it back about 10 times and he says try it now see how it is but the same condition is there. can i do any damage to the transmission or other parts and can this become an onsafe vehicle if not properly repaired
Amber

Brockton, MA

#14 Jan 26, 2009
tom wrote:
i also have a 1998 cad deville when i strart from zero it grinds gears like when it's wet and give to much gas. but now it activates the traction control when it's dry and i very lightly give gas after about an hour of driving servive system stability light comes on ... my mechanic charged me almost $700.00. i have brought it back about 10 times and he says try it now see how it is but the same condition is there. can i do any damage to the transmission or other parts and can this become an onsafe vehicle if not properly repaired
I have the same questios regarding my 1998 Seville any luck with the traction control system. Also the vehicle seems to be operating properly however i have noticed reduced mileage per gallon. Any comments suggetions?
STS in the DMV

Alexandria, VA

#15 Feb 27, 2009
I have the same problem. I have been trying to get it fixed for 2 years now and not a single mechanic has been able to diagnose the problem. I would consider buyin another STS if I could figure this issue out but this is a huge problem considering that when the lights come on my AC won't work and I can't do the heat in a black on black car with massive traffic in this area............ I have $1000 for whoever figures it out.............
Amy in AK

Anchorage, AK

#16 Jan 19, 2012
I am having the same issue in my 2002 Cadillac STS. There are no codes when the mechanic hooks it up to the computer. I am hoping someone has figured out the fix. The ABS, parking brake and traction control lights come on and the heater slows down and get cooler. Also have trouble changing radio stations when the lights are on. When the lights are off, car works perfectly. Other than this issue, the car is great! Any help is greatly appreciated. Our mechanic is stumped.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cadillac STS Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
1993 Cadillac STS (Oct '06) Jul '14 Brad 27
02 sts May '14 bob 1
1975 Cadillac Seville: Not-Quite Classics (Jun '11) Feb '14 Benjamin Edge 11
Third brake light replacement (Sep '13) Dec '13 Martin M 2
2006 sts tire size (Apr '11) Sep '13 Rob 2
Chilton Repair Manual for 1990 - 1998 Cadillac STS (Apr '08) Jan '13 Roc 9
Problems & Solutions (Jan '06) Sep '12 mycaddy02 354

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••