Buick Park Avenue

Full story: Edmunds.com 433
Created by sysop in the Buick Sedans Message Board. Your Host is pat What is this discussion about? Buick Park Avenue, Sedan, Auto News, Opinion, Car Photos, Car Reviews # 305 of 314 Re: Fuel gauge fix ... Read more
Ron

Chester, CT

#416 Dec 13, 2012
1997 Park Avenue starts and the stalls right out, will not run for more than a few seconds. It isn't a fuel problem. Any idea what to try? Thanks

Since: Dec 12

Chester, CT

#417 Dec 14, 2012
I have a 97 park ave that starts and then instantly stalls, it does not appear to be fuel related. Any idea what would cause this? Thanks in advance.
billy

Smyrna, GA

#418 Jan 13, 2013
I have a 1987 park avenue electra it starts and runs great .except every so often it will cut off when I slow down starts back fine. it doesnt do it all the time may go a month or a week without cutting off have changed the fuel pump and the controll modula.can anyone help hard to have it checked out because it doesnt do it all the time?
98 Park Ave

Garland, TX

#419 Jan 13, 2013
billy wrote:
I have a 1987 park avenue electra it starts and runs great .except every so often it will cut off when I slow down starts back fine. it doesnt do it all the time may go a month or a week without cutting off have changed the fuel pump and the controll modula.can anyone help hard to have it checked out because it doesnt do it all the time?
I have a 98 that started doing what you describe. It would normally happen when I was slowing down to make a turn or stopping at a light or stop sign. My problem turned out to be one of the coil packs. After changing it out the car ran fine for about 6 months and it started doing it again. I changed out the other 2 coil packs and that solved it for about 1 year. This time I changed out the electronic module underneath the coil packs (can't remember what it is called) and it has been running fine since (about 1 year).
Lisa

Baltimore, MD

#420 Mar 4, 2013
I just bought a 1999 buick park ave... Small delay when taking off. Now the service engine light is on
Bob

New Franken, WI

#421 Mar 6, 2013
I have a 1990 park ave. the car is very speratic, some times it will run just as smooth as silk and then out of the clear blue sky it starts to miss(spudder) and some times it will miss and then die.It dose'nt matter what speed your going, I checked the mass air flow sencer by tapping on it while engine was at idle it did not change the guy that owned this before myself changed the feul lines with plastic and replaced the fuel filter with one that is for a 1993 buick and it still runs very poorly dose anyone have any Idea where I should start? Thanks. Bob
regina

Boiling Springs, SC

#422 May 1, 2013
My Buick Park Av Shuts Off Going Down The Road Now It Turns Over But Wont Start Could This Have Something To Do Witb The securety
98 Park Ave

Garland, TX

#423 May 1, 2013
regina wrote:
My Buick Park Av Shuts Off Going Down The Road Now It Turns Over But Wont Start Could This Have Something To Do Witb The securety
You don't say what year model you have but if it is an older car and the coil packs have not been changed, that could be your problem.
Check your coil packs and the board underneath them. The only time I had the kind of problems that you describe was caused by one or more of the coil packs being bad.
98 Park Ave

Garland, TX

#424 May 1, 2013
Bob wrote:
I have a 1990 park ave. the car is very speratic, some times it will run just as smooth as silk and then out of the clear blue sky it starts to miss(spudder) and some times it will miss and then die.It dose'nt matter what speed your going, I checked the mass air flow sencer by tapping on it while engine was at idle it did not change the guy that owned this before myself changed the feul lines with plastic and replaced the fuel filter with one that is for a 1993 buick and it still runs very poorly dose anyone have any Idea where I should start? Thanks. Bob
Check your coil packs and the board underneath them.
98 Park Ave

Garland, TX

#425 May 1, 2013
Lisa wrote:
I just bought a 1999 buick park ave... Small delay when taking off. Now the service engine light is on
Go to an auto parts store that can tell you why your light is on. Then post those results here if you still need help. If there are any auto zones near you, they will do it for you free of charge.
99 Park Avenue

Saint Peters, MO

#426 May 31, 2013
The volume and heater controls on the steering wheel of my 1999 Park Avenue are malfunctioning. The temperature increases by itself, along with an annoying beep each time. The volume also increases sometimes. Two questions:
1. Is it hard/expensive to replace the controls?
2. Is there a way to turn off the beeping every time I change the temperature? On road trips it is loud enough to wake people that are sleeping in the car.
neaka

Mokena, IL

#427 Jun 1, 2013
hello my 97 prk ave want stay start plllease!! help me somebdy.. is it a fuel pump help me
traci baker

United States

#428 Jun 4, 2013
I have a 1990 buick park ave i have had new spaek plugs and wires and even a new engine modulege but it starts but when you put it in drive it dies what can be the problem i need help now please
Buick boy

United States

#429 Jun 29, 2013
Crystal wrote:
<quoted text>
My car is doing the same thing. It cranks up fine. I can't drive too far in it or it will start stalling out and eventually it will just shut off. It's making me nervous because I'm afraid someone is going to slam right into the back of me! I have had the thermostat changed (it will reach a temperature of 200 within 5 minutes!), radiator, waterpump and fuel filter. I am starting to really hate this car!
it's your control module $40 at,AutoZone it frustrated me too
99 park ave maf

United States

#430 Jul 8, 2013
Does anyone know where relay is for mass air flow??? Code says low voltage to maf.. Hear alot of air hissing at maf area.... Starts good runs good just sluggish with poor mpg.... Thanks
Alex

Winsted, CT

#431 Jul 12, 2013
My 98 PA died about a week ago and now when I try to jump start it I can't get it to start or get a charge at all. I also have somewhat of a strange "AAA" brand battery that has it's terminals on the side instead of on top, with connectors that hook around to the top where the actual +/- cables connect. Any insight?
98 Park Ave

Garland, TX

#432 Jul 16, 2013
Alex wrote:
My 98 PA died about a week ago and now when I try to jump start it I can't get it to start or get a charge at all. I also have somewhat of a strange "AAA" brand battery that has it's terminals on the side instead of on top, with connectors that hook around to the top where the actual +/- cables connect. Any insight?
Take your battery to Auto Zone or some similar auto parts store that will check it for free. From your description it sounds like the battery is no good. If your old battery was less than 2 years old you might consider checking your alternator.
Help

Aberdeen, SD

#433 Aug 10, 2013
Where is the fuse for the door locks on a 1999 buick park avenue
anita

Girard, IL

#434 Aug 16, 2013
i cant reset my gauge info no matter long i hold the button in any answers?
marcus

Texas City, TX

#435 Sep 22, 2013
Bob wrote:
Could someone tell me where the fuel filter is located on a 1998 Park Avenue?
under your car on the frame between the doors

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Buick LeSabre: Problems & Solutions (Apr '07) 4 hr vicente 716
News Eddie Wiggins car dealership closes in Warner R... (Jan '09) Mar 16 Kyle 10
Poll Why does canada suck (Jul '08) Mar 8 RV Guy 43
News GM Extends Warranty on Some Front Wheel Bearings (Nov '06) Mar 5 eric 104
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Dec '07) Jan '15 japple 13
News A closer look at GM's solid December and 2014 s... Jan '15 John Jeffery 1
News GM recalls 300,000 sedans and SUVs for headligh... Dec '14 John Jeffery 1
More from around the web