Buick Park Avenue

Full story: Edmunds.com

Created by sysop in the Buick Sedans Message Board. Your Host is pat What is this discussion about? Buick Park Avenue, Sedan, Auto News, Opinion, Car Photos, Car Reviews # 305 of 314 Re: Fuel gauge fix ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 424 Comments Last updated Sunday Jul 13
First Prev
of 22
Next Last
Barb

State College, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2006

HELP! We have a 1988 (or 89) Buick Park Avenue Electra which has been in the shop for several weeks. The timing chain broke...easily fixed but not the mechanics cannot get the car started. To date they have tried changing the computer and the sprocket. They now have a certified Buick mechanic working on it. If anyone has any idea what we could try next we would be greatly appreciative. email jdo133@psu.edu with any advice. The car is in excellent shape other than this problem. Thanks!
gorje

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2006

help i have a 1998 park ave,my check engine light turn on.I check it out at auto zone,and i was told it was an oxigen sensor,we replace that and it work well for a few months but, now is doing it again. my car turns off when Im driving,mostly at low speeds or if Im coasting.Anyone has any idea what I can do about it.we will be greatly appreciative.please e mail grsalinas@netzero.com
steve

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2006

Replace the ignition module and coil pack these compounents will fail after heat soak to which the computer has no dianostic capability.
gorje wrote:
help i have a 1998 park ave,my check engine light turn on.I check it out at auto zone,and i was told it was an oxigen sensor,we replace that and it work well for a few months but, now is doing it again. my car turns off when Im driving,mostly at low speeds or if Im coasting.Anyone has any idea what I can do about it.we will be greatly appreciative.please e mail grsalinas@netzero.com
Jacques Lemay

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2006

help - I have an '88 buick park ave, and am having the a/c recharged. the blower doesn't blow a lot of air out and I was told that there might be a filter in the heater cage under the dash that might need replacing. can anyone verify this? you can reach me at bibitt @ bellnet.ca thanks
Ralph

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2006

I have 2 georgious 2001 Buick Park Avenues for sale loaded up!!
1 is a standard model and the other is an ultra.
Visit http://www.rcoautosales.com/parkave2/pictures... to view the ultra and http://www.rcoautosales.com/parkave3/pictures... to view the standard model. Both come equipt with lots of extras such as back up sensors and heads up digital display. Both 1 owner vehicles.
We are located in Staten Island NY, pricing is available on the picture pages and is negotiable.
Call Ralph Milone at 718 887 1873 with any questions.
Daver

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2006

Judged:

Jacques Lemay wrote:
help - I have an '88 buick park ave, and am having the a/c recharged. the blower doesn't blow a lot of air out and I was told that there might be a filter in the heater cage under the dash that might need replacing. can anyone verify this? you can reach me at bibitt @ bellnet.ca thanks
Yes this is a common problem on many cars the filter will disinigrate and plug the rad's up.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2006

Hi all, I'm looking to change the spark plugs on my 2000 Buick Park Avenue. The plugs seem to be covered by a plate that can be removed. Can anyone direct me?

Thanks!
duane in kansas

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2006

i am having problems with a 89 park avenue ,when warm my car dies after being ran a while .we have changed almost everything ... what is wrong with it ?
duane in kansas

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2006

my buick park avenue dies when running when it is warm outside changed coil packs ... sensors ... relays ... o2 sensor , fuel filter and still it dies ....please email me at davispainting@aol.com please thank you if you have any ideas .,...
Ralph

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2006

I still have 1 of the 2 2001 Buick Park Avenues left. It's a stunning 2001 Buick Park Avenue Ultra. Its loaded to the max including heads up display, rear backing sensors, electronic stability control, and much more. It currnetly has 83K miles. I have been using it for approximately 2K miles and have used nothing but Premium Gasoline and changed the oil twice. To view over 40 pictures of this car, visit http://www.rcoautosales.com/parkave2/pictures...
Our asking price is $8900 and this vehicle comes with an aftermarket 1 year 15K mile warranty from the Penn Warranty Company. http://www.pennwarranty.com
We are located in Staten Island, NY. Telephone number is 718 887 1873. Just ask for Ralph.
Joe

Olympia, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2006

Another Barb - OH wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you get a response to this? We have the same problem except we had it running for a little while (a month) and now its been towed home again. We tow this car more than any other one we've owned.
Try working all electrical connections to make sure they are making good contact. If that doesn't help, you may have to replace the crankshaft and camshaft position sensors as well as another I can't remember. Buicks in the late 80s had lots of trouble with sensors. Joe
wak

Manhattan, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2006

I have a 87 park ave electra. I'm havine a problem with the car wanting to shut down while driving at low speeds. Also the check engine light comes on right before doing so. Any ideas of what it may be.
Dawn

Minot, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2006

I have a 97 Buick Park Avenue and whenI am driving even going 60 down the highway it will die. I have to shift to neutral and restart it. I have had it to the dealer here and they tell me that it isn't showing a code there fore they don't have any ideas what could be wrong I then took it to a garage they say they drove it around a week and it never did it to them so they couldn't fix anything. I got it home and the same day it died on me twice almose causing an accident. there have been a couple of times that I have shut it off and when I tried to restart it it turned over but wouldn't start. Any ideas it is my only transportation and I need it to continue to run. Help Me Please.
Bill

Quincy, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2006

Dawn,
I am having the identical problem with my 95 Buick Park Avenue and I could have written your e-mail with the exception that my car has to be in park to restart it. It's like someone pulls the plug. The electrical system shuts down so I have no warning lights, turns signals, etc. Lately I have noticed that it takes about two times to start it when it hasn't been running whereas before it always started on the first try. It always starts back up after dieing and dies once or twice a day at this point.. except when I take it to the shop and then it doesn't act up! Can anyone help us?
Dawn wrote:
I have a 97 Buick Park Avenue and whenI am driving even going 60 down the highway it will die. I have to shift to neutral and restart it. I have had it to the dealer here and they tell me that it isn't showing a code there fore they don't have any ideas what could be wrong I then took it to a garage they say they drove it around a week and it never did it to them so they couldn't fix anything. I got it home and the same day it died on me twice almose causing an accident. there have been a couple of times that I have shut it off and when I tried to restart it it turned over but wouldn't start. Any ideas it is my only transportation and I need it to continue to run. Help Me Please.
Dawn

Minot, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2006

Isn't there anyone who can tell me where to go to find out the answer of what is going on with my car. I have to take the back streets incase it dies I won't block traffic. Because it is now not starting back up right away I have to park it for about 10 min before it will start up again. HELP PLEASE
Pat in Tulsa

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2006

Could a blown fuse cause a 1999 Park avenue fuel gauge to quit working?
Dawn

Minot, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2006

There is a web site Bill called justanswer.com it cost you any where from 8.00 to 20.00 but a mechanice named Carbdoctor said he had a customer with the same problem and it was the ignition switch so I am going to give it a try.
Bill wrote:
Dawn,
I am having the identical problem with my 95 Buick Park Avenue and I could have written your e-mail with the exception that my car has to be in park to restart it. It's like someone pulls the plug. The electrical system shuts down so I have no warning lights, turns signals, etc. Lately I have noticed that it takes about two times to start it when it hasn't been running whereas before it always started on the first try. It always starts back up after dieing and dies once or twice a day at this point.. except when I take it to the shop and then it doesn't act up! Can anyone help us?
<quoted text>
Bill

Quincy, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2006

Dawn wrote:
Isn't there anyone who can tell me where to go to find out the answer of what is going on with my car. I have to take the back streets incase it dies I won't block traffic. Because it is now not starting back up right away I have to park it for about 10 min before it will start up again. HELP PLEASE
Dear Dawn,

My car mentioned above had a problem with the ignition switch. It was replaced last week and hasn't died since. It sounds like your problem may be a different one but for what it's worth, I wanted to let you know how they fixed mine. I hope you find the solution soon. Best of luck.
Bill

Quincy, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2006

Dawn wrote:
There is a web site Bill called justanswer.com it cost you any where from 8.00 to 20.00 but a mechanice named Carbdoctor said he had a customer with the same problem and it was the ignition switch so I am going to give it a try.
<quoted text>
Sounds like a smart guy, Dawn! I sure hope the fix works for you too. Thank you so much for checking into this. I really appreciate it.
Dawn

Minot, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2006

No it didn't work it actually started dying more last night alone it died 8 times. So now I took it to another garage hopefully they can figure it out the bad thing is I can't even get rid of it because the second someone takes it for a test drive it will die and when they ask if it is a good car I can't lie and say yes if it isn't. So if they can't fix it I guess I am stuck with a lemon Because no one here is coming up with any ideas. Have a great day.

Dawn
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a smart guy, Dawn! I sure hope the fix works for you too. Thank you so much for checking into this. I really appreciate it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 22
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Buick Discussions

Search the Buick Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Buick LeSabre: Problems & Solutions (Apr '07) Jul 24 nicole 671
buick skylark-1994 3.1 v6 PLEASE HELP (Sep '06) Jul 15 Ginger 24
2001 LeSabre starting/shutting off problems Jun '14 2996RJC 2
GM recalls small number of 2013 Buick Encore SUVs (Oct '13) Jun '14 Bob 4
US Gains Trade Victory In Auto Dispute With China May '14 Monty Anaconda 3
1999 Buick la Sabre May '14 Jerry novak 2
Why does canada suck (Jul '08) Apr '14 Alex 39
•••

Buy a New Car