Terry

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2011

ONLY when it rains, the floor mat on the drivers side gets soaked? It doesnt matter if I park it in either direction, on a hill or whatever, always gets soaked. Where should I start to look 1st?
mike

Arlington, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

I have the same issue .
lngshoreman

Longview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

This is common problem with these LaSabres. Because the water comes in when it is parked, look for the problem high up on the car, not the bottom or side. On the roof above the doors is a rain gutter groove with trim inside. Pry off the trim and use silicone sealant along the rain gutter to squirt inside the holes the trim fits into. Also put some sealant up front of the gutter where it meets the windshield. You should be able to replace the trim while the sealant is wet. This fix worked for me for a couple of years... now it needs refixing. But it DID WORK for two years.
roger Conner

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2012

I had this same problem and the fix was simple. I had a mechanic replace the gasket around the door. Also I think he had to adjust the door. The way I found the leak was to take it to a car wash and watch what happened!
lngshoreman

Longview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

Update:
For the latest repair, I bought a tube of windshield sealant (black, gooey stuff for about $10 at auto parts place). I unscrewed the trim at the top of the doors and filled in the rain gutter as well as I could. I replaced the trim. I also squirted some behind the windshield trim at top of windshield where trim had popped up some. This tube of goo was much messier than I expected and I got a bit on the paint but it wiped up with nail polish remover. After huge rainstorm -- completely dry inside. The cosmetics aren't great if you are picky. But you probably aren't driving a 97 LeSabre if you care too much about the latest style. The fix worked and it cost me less than $20 and an hour or so of my time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Buick Discussions

Search the Buick Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Buick LeSabre: Problems & Solutions (Apr '07) 8 hr angry Buick owner 663
2001 LeSabre starting/shutting off problems Jun 26 2996RJC 2
GM recalls small number of 2013 Buick Encore SUVs (Oct '13) Jun '14 Bob 4
US Gains Trade Victory In Auto Dispute With China May '14 Monty Anaconda 3
1999 Buick la Sabre May '14 Jerry novak 2
Why does canada suck (Jul '08) Apr '14 Alex 39
Cadillac XTS (Dec '12) Apr '14 casmiami 4
•••

Buy a New Car