7 clunker cars to avoid

Dec 2, 2010 Full story: KTNV 17

Things have been looking up for troubled American automakers. In October General Motors saw sales across all four of its brands rise 22% year-over-year. Chrysler's sales were up 37% during the same period, and Ford Motor 's sales climbed more than 20%. But overall life is still giving Detroit lemons: All seven vehicles on our roundup of 2010's ...

Full Story
mark harmon

Panama City, FL

#1 Dec 2, 2010
Chrysler with 4, while GM had 3 on the list! But sales continue to climb! says nothing about research before you buy!
sam retired 136

United States

#2 Dec 3, 2010
It's almost comical that the Jeep Wrangler made the list. Jeep has the most loyal customers of any American brand. There are Jeep clubs,Jeep meets,Jeep jamborees,rock climbing etc: A properly outfitted Jeep will do things off road that no foreign vehicle will do.I guess those knuckleheads at Forbes don't take any of that into consideration, let alone actually take one off road which is why most people buy a Wrangler in the first place!
parts man Rob

Highland, IL

#3 Dec 3, 2010
Consumer reports- The most biased group of idiots if there ever was on. Those tools would not be able to judge a lump of dirt,let alone a vehicle.
gonzo

United States

#4 Dec 3, 2010
you have to remember these people are being paid. just like toyota paying to not recall vehicles. those who have the money pay to publish shit about their competition. i'll put a wrangler against any foreign p.o.s. anyday of the week in off road capability. some of these "experts" aren't anything more than journalists. funny how it's always american products that get the black eye, yet where do these magazines come from? maybe we should stop buying their shit! remember it's still an opinion, and they're like a**holes, everyone has one. if i had my way i'd have all the foreign loving bastards shot. remember WWII.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#5 Jan 9, 2011
"But overall life is still giving Detroit lemons: All seven vehicles on our roundup of 2010's biggest clunkers come from GM and Chrysler." That says it all.

--From an American expat living in Europe

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#6 Jan 9, 2011
Not to worry, Chrysler: Sergio Marchionne will soon replace your sorry lineup with Alfas and Fiats. While not exactly the cream of the crop themselves, they are better than your junk.

--From an American expat living in Europe
crazi

Rockford, IL

#7 Jan 9, 2011
what do you expect with all the lazy out of state workers that transfer in to the BAP. pretty soon we will be in the unemployment lines. look at what we have done, we made 4 cars on the worst cars list. what a honor.
Heisenberg

United States

#8 Jan 10, 2011
crazi wrote:
what do you expect with all the lazy out of state workers that transfer in to the BAP. pretty soon we will be in the unemployment lines. look at what we have done, we made 4 cars on the worst cars list. what a honor.
Looks like someones worried about their seniority.
gonzo

United States

#9 Jan 10, 2011
seems that toyota had the most recalls of 2010 with 10 MILLION, yet no toyotas on the list? it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what's going on here. wake up america!
For the Record

Pontiac, MI

#10 Jan 10, 2011
Jeep - Our customer base does not want us to change it.

Sebring - We know it. It was changed in 2011.
Reuther

Rossford, OH

#11 Jan 10, 2011
crazi wrote:
Most all recalls are due to poor engineering.
Ann

Roanoke, VA

#12 May 4, 2011
sam retired 136 wrote:
It's almost comical that the Jeep Wrangler made the list. Jeep has the most loyal customers of any American brand. There are Jeep clubs,Jeep meets,Jeep jamborees,rock climbing etc: A properly outfitted Jeep will do things off road that no foreign vehicle will do.I guess those knuckleheads at Forbes don't take any of that into consideration, let alone actually take one off road which is why most people buy a Wrangler in the first place!
My mechanic surely does not recommend any Jeep.
The Truth

Macomb, MI

#13 May 4, 2011
Reuther wrote:
<quoted text> Most all recalls are due to poor engineering.
Most all recalls are due to bad parts from suppliers
Damage Control

Miami, FL

#14 May 4, 2011
This is from 12/2010 and page not available due to "constant updating". American automotive is coming back and some outsiders and their followers are going to lose and obviously not happy about that.
beau

Ford City, PA

#15 Aug 19, 2011
Do a YOU TUBE or GOOGLE search of the following:
2006 Honda Civic cracked block
1998-2002 Honda Accord transmission problems
Toyota sludge
Nissan Altima head gasket problem
Nissan Sentras are a peice of junk...Wiper motors and power window failure common
Volkswagen Jetta won't start

If you get on YOU TUBE and add "won't start" to about any make or model, you will find tons of choices. GM has made its mistakes but so has every other company out there.

Guys, you need to SERVICE your cars. Get that filthy oil out of the system. Change fuel fiter. Run some Chevron Techron through them.

Don't scratch off. Be easy on your machine. Let is run awhile before starting it up. Change fluids. Make sure belts and hoses are replaced often. Especially the serpentine belt. Wash that salt from under your car. Use Castrol GTX high mileage oil.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#16 Aug 19, 2011
beau wrote:
Do a YOU TUBE or GOOGLE search of the following:
2006 Honda Civic cracked block
1998-2002 Honda Accord transmission problems
Toyota sludge
Nissan Altima head gasket problem
Nissan Sentras are a peice of junk...Wiper motors and power window failure common
Volkswagen Jetta won't start
If you get on YOU TUBE and add "won't start" to about any make or model, you will find tons of choices. GM has made its mistakes but so has every other company out there.
Guys, you need to SERVICE your cars. Get that filthy oil out of the system. Change fuel fiter. Run some Chevron Techron through them.
Don't scratch off. Be easy on your machine. Let is run awhile before starting it up. Change fluids. Make sure belts and hoses are replaced often. Especially the serpentine belt. Wash that salt from under your car. Use Castrol GTX high mileage oil.
I agree, it helps if a person maintains their vehicle. I've beat the crap out of my 07 Caliber, has 100,000 miles on it, and I haven't had to replace brakes, hoses, battery.....yet. Can't call it a piece of crap once something does go out on it. Been a good car!!:)
beau

Ford City, PA

#17 Aug 20, 2011
Wouldn't hurt to replace serpentine belt, hoses etc. soon. Cooling systems are the number one reason for breakdowns.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buick LeSabre: Problems & Solutions (Apr '07) Dec 19 Ernice 693
Ask the Auto Doctor (Dec '07) Dec 16 scott66 11
GM recalls 300,000 sedans and SUVs for headligh... Dec 10 John Jeffery 1
Buick Park Avenue (Mar '06) Dec 9 bill 429
Movie 'stars' cruising into Lenoir Oct '14 Liberal forever 1
Buick bounces back with younger buyers (Apr '10) Oct '14 Ted Mabeck 30
Why does canada suck (Jul '08) Sep '14 fooy 40
More from around the web