First Prev
of 4
Next Last
CPE

United States

#1 Aug 26, 2006
To all with heating, gasket, intake, and or head issues. GM has recognized this problem, and has redesigned the intake gasket assemblies. Make sure that when you get your vehicle repaired, your mechanic uses the intake gaskets from the 2004 model, uses new intake to head bolts, and the new procedure for installation. Your service writer should be familiar with GM's goodwill program on this issue, and split the cost 50/50 with those of you out of warranty. A new manifold is available in the aftermarket from Dorman. Check out rockauto.com for a listing if your is damaged. To those of you that ran your Rendezvous to the point of overheating, shame on you. Car's require REGULAR maintenance by RELIABLE mechanics. YOU should be checking under the hood every week, looking at the dipstick, and the coolant tank. At the first sign of loosing coolant, get it to your mechanic NOW. IFFY Lube, and the Instant Oil Change places are staffed by pimply faces high school moron's. If you think you are getting good service there, you are wrong. Your dealer is trained to look for other issues during routine service, and many independant mechanics that have to feed their kids will also ensure that you are well cared for. If your car quits, you won't go back and see them will you? Their rep is at stake!
Kevin Cucci

Green Bay, WI

#2 Sep 6, 2006
Computers going out? I have a 2002 Rendezvous that I had to replace the Body Control Panel (this is when the security light would go on, doors wouldn't unlock, windows wouldn't roll up, etc). After that $500, the Air went out. OK, so I can live without Air conditioning, but now the Instrument cluster went out. This is basically the odometer reading. Now it just says "Error" I think I have aound 51,000 miles on it. Anyway, I did contact Buick customer service to see if they would be willing to pay for this repair. Their answer was, it's not under warrentee so, maybe if I get it fixed and maybe if I send them a bunch of documentations (this was after I had to take it to a GM dealer to confirm my problem: more money....)they might consider paying for part of it. Needless to say, I'm stuck with this car. I will do my best to never by a GM again
Debby Katoch

Cleveland, OH

#3 Sep 19, 2006
I was wondering if anyone has had a problem with their turn signals? I have a 2005 Rendezvous and when I put the left turn signal on the hazard signal shows in the back only and the right brake light does not work. Replaced the turn signal with a new one and this still happens. I almost got in several accidents because of this.
blud

Brentwood, TN

#4 Feb 6, 2007
i wanted to know how to unlock the car? My buick when i get on it now it says locked on every thing,it wont let me play cds it wont let me pop the trunk all those things. if any body know anything about it plese tell me.
thanks
Kay Kinsey

South Saint Paul, MN

#6 Mar 14, 2007
Debby Katoch wrote:
I was wondering if anyone has had a problem with their turn signals? I have a 2005 Rendezvous and when I put the left turn signal on the hazard signal shows in the back only and the right brake light does not work. Replaced the turn signal with a new one and this still happens. I almost got in several accidents because of this.
I too have a 2005 Rendezvous & the SAME thing is happeneing to me! Has anyone been able to obtain an answer to this problem?? The dealership claims they have never heard of this issue.
homentwo

United States

#7 May 14, 2007
I have a 2005 buick Redezvous and the speedometer stopped working. The odometer still works. Any ideas as to repairing?
jake

Toronto, Canada

#8 Jun 30, 2007
iam thinking of buying a 2004 rendezvous built in aug 07 are you certen that there is no problem with the intake gasket
CPE wrote:
To all with heating, gasket, intake, and or head issues. GM has recognized this problem, and has redesigned the intake gasket assemblies. Make sure that when you get your vehicle repaired, your mechanic uses the intake gaskets from the 2004 model, uses new intake to head bolts, and the new procedure for installation. Your service writer should be familiar with GM's goodwill program on this issue, and split the cost 50/50 with those of you out of warranty. A new manifold is available in the aftermarket from Dorman. Check out rockauto.com for a listing if your is damaged. To those of you that ran your Rendezvous to the point of overheating, shame on you. Car's require REGULAR maintenance by RELIABLE mechanics. YOU should be checking under the hood every week, looking at the dipstick, and the coolant tank. At the first sign of loosing coolant, get it to your mechanic NOW. IFFY Lube, and the Instant Oil Change places are staffed by pimply faces high school moron's. If you think you are getting good service there, you are wrong. Your dealer is trained to look for other issues during routine service, and many independant mechanics that have to feed their kids will also ensure that you are well cared for. If your car quits, you won't go back and see them will you? Their rep is at stake!
jake

Toronto, Canada

#9 Jun 30, 2007
are you certen that there is no issue with 2004 buick rendezvous intake gasket
mike

Wolverton, MN

#10 Sep 11, 2007
re:cxl 2006 complaint: heater works, but fan blows very little even when set on high. Saw another commenter with the same problem on another site. Any more?
Alvarez

Santa Barbara, CA

#11 Sep 22, 2007
Hello.
I think the computer on my 2002 Buick Rendezvous because it too has a Security error which does not allow allow the windows to roll down, CD player to work, trunk to open and air condition doesn't work. The only thing that fixes it for a little while is disconnecting and reconnnecting the battery. I used to be a mechanic and I can repair the problem if someone were to tell me exactly which part to replace. A few post back someone said they had their Body Control Panel but it seems like that didn't fix the entire computer issue because they started getting more problems.
If anyone knows the exact fix (besides rolling it off a cliff) please respond to this message board.
Thanks.
IA
Mark

Denver, CO

#12 Nov 26, 2007
We have a buick redezvous 2003, the heater blows cold air for quite a while when the weather is cold/cool. I started last winter, took it in for service, they found nothing wrong and said it just takes time to warm up. Before last year it worked fine. Any suggestions.

thank you,
Tiffany

Cumming, GA

#13 Dec 17, 2007
homentwo wrote:
I have a 2005 buick Redezvous and the speedometer stopped working. The odometer still works. Any ideas as to repairing?
Just wondering if you found out what the speedometer issue was....I am exactly the same problem....also I went to the Buick dealership and they quoted me 500.00 to fix the darn thing....crazy.
Lorri Fayetteville NC

Fort Bragg, NC

#14 Jan 12, 2008
mike wrote:
re:cxl 2006 complaint: heater works, but fan blows very little even when set on high. Saw another commenter with the same problem on another site. Any more?
YES, I have the same problem with 2004 Rendezvous - heater and AC work but the blower blows very little - I've had it to the shop 2 times for this issue and it works better when I get it back, but then the same thing happens until very little air once again blows. Buick has not been able to fix it.
matt rochester ny

Rochester, NY

#15 Feb 4, 2008
there is a new gasket out for the intake. the part number is fel ms98003t. it retails for around 118.00. does anyone know how to reset the odometer error message???????
matt rochester ny

Rochester, NY

#16 Feb 4, 2008
if your heater blower only works on high speed. like when knob is at 4 but not on the lower numbers like 1,2,or 3 then you resistor is bad. it sells for around 45.00.
mona

Toronto, Canada

#17 Feb 17, 2008
I have a 2004 buick rendezvous and the rear brake light will not go off it stays on and is now draining my battery. can anyone help me to fix this problem???
Linda

Van Nuys, CA

#18 Mar 13, 2008
matt rochester ny wrote:
if your heater blower only works on high speed. like when knob is at 4 but not on the lower numbers like 1,2,or 3 then you resistor is bad. it sells for around 45.00.
Do you know where the resistor is located? My AC (2002) first stopped working on 1, then 2 and now only works on 5. My husband can replace it if we knew where to look.
I just replaced my main computer for $500, because my car lost is mind and I couldn't unlock anything, the security light was on, the radio and back hatch wouldn't work, wireless locks were out and headlights were flashing when hi-beams were on.
max

Murray, KY

#19 Mar 28, 2008
Debby Katoch wrote:
Mine does it too, I have a 2003 and when I turn on my left signal the hazard lights flash, when I replaced the bulbs it worked for about 2 days then back to the hazard lights.
Mike

AOL

#20 May 20, 2008
I have a 2005 Buick Rendezvous with 19,000 miles.
I brought it to the dealer because of brake noise. They told me that the rear brakes needed to be replaced along with the rotors which they said were so bad, they could not be resurfaced. They said the pads were worn out and cut into the rotors. Of course that's not covered under the "bumper to bumper" warranty.I've never heard of a new vehicle needing brakes on the rear before replacing the front brakes. Not at 19,000 miles . I'm convinced that I was ripped off to the tune of $452.00. I've called Buick customer service several times and have not resolved this. The last person I spoke with from Buick said I could get a second opinion if I wanted. That opinion must come from a GM dealership mechanic. How could I get a second opinion ? They fixed the brakes and ripped me off ! The dealership is M&S of Pawling (NY).
tweet42535

Sarasota, FL

#21 Jul 16, 2008
I have an 05 RDV with 61,000 miles and tranny is jerky when shifting. not all the time though. have had transmission fluid changed and then this problem started. have had it in shop twice to get it checked. anyone else with this problem?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buick Rendezvous Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2005 Rendezvous temperature control suddenly no... Jan 8 ginarvt12 1
AWD Disable and Rear End Issues (May '07) Jan 3 ASE Greg 204
rendezvous gas gauge (Jul '06) Dec 31 Gregory Roberts 128
rear hatch door problems (Dec '08) Dec '14 larry 8
2002 rendezvous (Jan '10) Dec '14 fred 3
2005 Buick Rendezvous low battery voltage Dec '14 maui_boy 1
cranking problem doesn't want to start Dec '14 Bud 2
More from around the web