rendezvous gas gauge
EJM

New York, NY

#81 Mar 31, 2010
Same fuel gauge issue on 2002 Rendezvous. Had transmission rebuilt at 72k miles a few months back for $3,200. Now fuel gauge is always at full or empty. It is hard to believe out of all the postings and complaints to buick that there is no clear solution... doesn't make sense at all. Buick rep called me back after the transmission was replaced to see what the issue was. I asked if buick was going to reimburse any of the cost, of course he said no. I told him not to contact unless he had anything to offer toward the vehicle issues. Now it is in the shop and mechanic doesnt know what to do about the gas gauge issue.
ShameOnBuick

North Brunswick, NJ

#82 Apr 23, 2010
This problem was a known issue since 1997, and is neither limited to the "Rend's" nor the type of engines. It affects many types of Buicks, but whether known to Buick engineers or not is another matter. I suspect they are using the same parts in all vehicles to save money, because re-engineering is too costly.

There is a Delphi recall from March 2007 about a possible o-ring and retainer missing problem that could cause fuel to leak.

Fluctuating fuel gauge affects all Buicks starting from 1997. The repair can involve from $400 to $1000 at an authorized dealership and can involve removing the exhaust system pipes under the car, and dropping down the fuel tank to replace the fuel sending unit. Gasoline is involved and owner's should not do this themselves without very cautious procedures. This should be done by a trained technician.

Here is the site for a possibly related recall:
http://www.internetautoguide.com/auto-recalls...
Sylvain

Qu├ębec, Canada

#83 May 4, 2010
Folks, I bought a 2004 Rendez-vous with very low millage 63000 km. All is well but the only problem is gas consumption....really bad. Example: I gas up for lets says 30$ Tuesday, run the vehicle for 60-75 km, tank is empty the next day ? Got the car checked out, nothing wrong, it's A+. Previous owner says she sold because of that. What's next?
Gene

Kent, WA

#84 May 17, 2010
My 2002 Buick La Saber has the same problem of gas gage fluctuation. After the gage drops below 1/2, you don't know what you have. It started about a year ago. What is the solution ??
Frustrated Mom

Toronto, Canada

#85 May 19, 2010
I have a 2005 and it is a pain in my ass i have the same issue with my gas guage but my new issue is the hatch will not open at all does anyone have any advice i cannot keep doing this with three kids
Ernest

San Dimas, CA

#86 Jul 3, 2010
paul wrote:
Is anyone having trouble with the gas gauge on 2005 buick rendezvous? If i park my rendezvous on any kind of grade then start the vehicle the gas gauge will be a 1/4 tank off the actual amount gas in the vehicle. I will have to drive the car for 10 or more minutes before the gauge is accurate. The dealer tell me this is normal.
I have a 2003 Buick Rendezvous and it registers full and stays there until I have approximately 1-2 gallons left and it automatically drops to empty. There is no in between, either its full or empty.
Rich

Sun Prairie, WI

#87 Jul 4, 2010
I have a 2002 buick rendezvous and have this same problem for maybe 3 years.it sure looks like after reading all this their isn't a real known fix out there.You are all right on,a real pain! Sure wish someone will respond witha real fix! Let's hope so.
Ursula

Tomball, TX

#88 Sep 11, 2010
I have a 2007 with the same gas issues. I thought I was going nuts. I'll go from a quarter of a tank when I park to completely empty when I start it back up again. I never know how much I have. This wouldn't be such a huge issue if money weren't tight right now.
nae

Omaha, NE

#89 Sep 30, 2010
have a 2005 buick rendezvous w/ a wacky gas guage...anyone know what the cause of this is? what it is i need to fix? i'll fill it up, it'll be at full, then suddenly it's down to 1/4. it fluctuates like crazy....
Sandra

Reston, VA

#90 Dec 2, 2010
When I start my 2004 Buick Rendezvous (which I just bought last wk with 56K miles - I smell gas!!! Has anyone had this problem?
Brittney

New Brunswick, NJ

#91 Dec 13, 2010
Ursula wrote:
I have a 2007 with the same gas issues. I thought I was going nuts. I'll go from a quarter of a tank when I park to completely empty when I start it back up again. I never know how much I have. This wouldn't be such a huge issue if money weren't tight right now.
I just got a 2007 also and I'm having the same problem with the gas level, did anybody find out how to fix it and is it that it's burning the gas or is it just the gage because if so I guess we could just add up the miles after we gas up
K Long

Columbus, OH

#92 Jan 9, 2011
M Rabi wrote:
<quoted text>
I have the same issue but mine is a 2005 and it just started. Did you ever find out why or how to fix it. I also have the same issues with the gas gage and I have just dealt with it and never let my gas gase go below a quater of a tank.
did you find out about the rear hatch lock? mine just started doing it recently and everything else is fine; had to had front wheel bearings replaced under warranty but knew about that as a problem....
just need to see what is going on with hatch..
Chel

Woodridge, IL

#93 Jan 10, 2011
I have just started having problems w/my gas gage and they tell me it will be either the sensor or the dash(needle itself) in which the whole dash needs to be put in. The cost is 600.00 to 850.00..sensor being more money if that is what it is. I have 95, 000 miles on it and am not fixing...since I wll get rid of it in a year..but it is aggravating since you NEVER really know how much gas you have. The sensor in the tires go off if I travel the expressway..telling me low tire pressure(freak since one is afraid to blow a tire while going 65miles an hour)..the sensors on this car are way tooo sensitive. cant wait to get a new car......The worst of all is the horrible seats...the worst material to take in stains I have ever seen...even when I went to get it detailed they said that they are airline seats and they never reall get clean.
Karen L

Columbus, OH

#94 Jan 10, 2011
no gas guage problems but would like to know why the rear hatch pops open randomly.....anyone have an answer???
granny of 3

Moody, AL

#95 Jan 22, 2011
paul wrote:
Is anyone having trouble with the gas gauge on 2005 buick rendezvous? If i park my rendezvous on any kind of grade then start the vehicle the gas gauge will be a 1/4 tank off the actual amount gas in the vehicle. I will have to drive the car for 10 or more minutes before the gauge is accurate. The dealer tell me this is normal.
i also have a 2006 rendevous and it does the same thing, i never know exact how much gas i have in it.
tanya

Schererville, IN

#96 Jan 31, 2011
Dan wrote:
OMG, get over it weenies! Why are you running your car all the way empty before you get some gas anyway? That is always a bad idea. So ther is some play in your gas gauge, why is that such a big deal? Your low fuel lght still works. If you just get some gas when that little light goes on you will be okay. Otherwise don't let such a puny issue get your undies in a bunch.
well my problem is that when the light does come on then thats right when the car shuts off already so dosent give you the playroom to make it to the gas station.. i believe that if they are selling so many cars like this then they are the ones that need to fix it ..
Lucinda

United States

#97 Mar 16, 2011
I have a 2003 REND. We have the fluctuating gas gage.I also noticed when you turn the car on or off there is a wirring noise coming from the gage. I have checked the C305 connector and have tried the gas cleaner but still does not work. I agree with everyone , you would think GM would fix the problem. If anyone has found a fix for this problem please revele the secret .
Jeremy

Minneapolis, MN

#98 Mar 27, 2011
For anyone else reading this, try having the C305 connector under the drivers seat replaced/bypassed.
please check out the aztek forums for this as they have had the exact same issues and many have fixed this issue by bypassing this connector.
http://www.aztekfanclub.com/SMF/index.php/top...
Jermaine

Toronto, Canada

#101 Jul 5, 2011
I have the 2005 RDV CXL model and the gas gauge moves rapidly. I don't know when the gas will run out
Bill

Brampton, Canada

#102 Jul 25, 2011
Does anyone have problems with the TC light coming on constantly and staying on

anyway solutions appreciated

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buick Rendezvous Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I have a 2002 Buick Rendezvous which randomly s... (Mar '12) Jun 7 wanda 6
2003 Rendezvous AM Radio (Oct '06) May 29 tony 9
Rendezvous (Aug '06) May 28 Alex 82
AWD Disable and Rear End Issues (May '07) May '16 Edwin 212
2003 Rendezvous Droning noise at 2100 rpm (Oct '06) Apr '16 perk162 39
rear hatch door problems (Dec '08) Apr '16 Tyrone 11
05 buick rendevous Mar '16 ryan 1
More from around the web