rendezvous gas gauge
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
paul

Timblin, PA

#1 Jul 29, 2006
Is anyone having trouble with the gas gauge on 2005 buick rendezvous? If i park my rendezvous on any kind of grade then start the vehicle the gas gauge will be a 1/4 tank off the actual amount gas in the vehicle. I will have to drive the car for 10 or more minutes before the gauge is accurate. The dealer tell me this is normal.
matt

Stillwater, OK

#2 Aug 1, 2006
i just bought an 04 and i have the exact same problem! really annoying
David Young

Windsor, Canada

#3 Sep 13, 2006
paul wrote:
Is anyone having trouble with the gas gauge on 2005 buick rendezvous? If i park my rendezvous on any kind of grade then start the vehicle the gas gauge will be a 1/4 tank off the actual amount gas in the vehicle. I will have to drive the car for 10 or more minutes before the gauge is accurate. The dealer tell me this is normal.
Yup, got a 2004 and have the same 'problem' with the gas guage. Now about that ridiculously designed rear hatch......anyone hate that thing as much as me?
Kathy

United States

#4 Sep 25, 2006
paul wrote:
I just bought a 2006 and the gas gauge does the same thing. You would think they would hve fixed it by now, how hard could it be
Karen

AOL

#5 Sep 27, 2006
Kathy wrote:
<quoted text>
I just bought a 2006 and the gas gauge does the same thing. You would think they would hve fixed it by now, how hard could it be
I bought one in June, and have been fighting to get results to get another new vehicle. GM says there is a fix as of October 1 to correct this problem. Am I nuts to think that GM is knowingly selling trucks that have a problem? GM Canada won't re-purchase the vehicle. They say "that's what a warranty is for"...huh...why should there be a problem on a brand new vehicle! I plan to pursue this issue with the gentlemen who run the corporation. I think it would be a good idea for others to do the same. Maybe something would be done about it.
steven

AOL

#6 Sep 27, 2006
David Young wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, got a 2004 and have the same 'problem' with the gas guage. Now about that ridiculously designed rear hatch......anyone hate that thing as much as me?
....where did you buy your truck.....got mine at city buick..
David young

Windsor, Canada

#7 Oct 5, 2006
steven wrote:
<quoted text>....where did you buy your truck.....got mine at city buick..
Got mine at RoyFoss
Annie

Toledo, OH

#8 Oct 10, 2006
I have a 2006 Buick Rendezvous and I am having the same issue. I don't even need to park on any kind of an incline. One moment my gauge says I have 1/4 a tank the next minute the low fuel light is on and it is on empty. Tomorrow it is going back to the dealer again to be fixed. Whoever posted that there was a remedy to this problem as of October 1st... where did you get that information so I can pass it on to my dealer?
Annie

Toledo, OH

#9 Oct 13, 2006
UPDATE:
I took my 2006 Rendezvous to the dealer and they kept it overnight. The following day I got a call telling me to come and pick it up because GM had issued a bulletin stating not to fix it. Yes, you heard that right. I have a brand new vehicle and GM sent it home with me. It would be different if it wasn't a safety issue, like a radio didn't work or something. But this is my GAS GAUGE! I have no idea how much gas I have in my tank. And sure shouldn't have to measure how much I use in a log for a brand new car. They gave me a copy of the bulletin I will type it in below.
SUBJECT: The Fuel Gauge Fluctuates - cluster erratic intermittent IPC
Models: 2006 Buick Rendezvous 3.5L
The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI
Condition/Concern:
A number of fuel tank sending units have been returned to the Warranty Parts Center (WPC) for fuel gauge fluctuation concern, with no trouble found.
Recommentation/Instructions:
Engineering is investigating this fuel gauge concern with the 3.5 LX9 engines. This concern will address fuel gauge fluctuation concerns for customers who typically park their vehicle on an incline. Should normal diagnostics fail to identify a concern, DO NOT REPLACE ANY PARTS for thsi concern at this time. This PI be updated or a bulletin will be published when a fix becomes available.
Please follow this diagnostic or repair processthoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completeing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.
Document ID# 1 8 4 0 0 5 8
Ok.. so in the mean time I drive a broken vehicle. If I run out of gas on the side of the road, GM better send the president to come pick me up. My salesman actually told me it might be best to get an attorney because he has never seen GM issue a statement like this. He mentioned the lemon law. But don't you have to have it in the shop a certain number of times to get a vehicle replaced? And if GM issued a statement not to work on these vehicles they kind of just created a loop hole for themselves huh?
Dan

Oceanside, CA

#10 Oct 24, 2006
OMG, get over it weenies! Why are you running your car all the way empty before you get some gas anyway? That is always a bad idea. So ther is some play in your gas gauge, why is that such a big deal? Your low fuel lght still works. If you just get some gas when that little light goes on you will be okay. Otherwise don't let such a puny issue get your undies in a bunch.
charles

AOL

#11 Oct 31, 2006
bought a 06 rendezvous a week ago already having problems with the fuel gauge. Vehicle has less than 500 miles. i love the vehicle otherwise thus far. love the leather seating moon-roof satellite radio system headup instrument panel, lovely.
Carolyn Raven

Shelton, CT

#12 Oct 31, 2006
Dan wrote:
OMG, get over it weenies! Why are you running your car all the way empty before you get some gas anyway? That is always a bad idea. So ther is some play in your gas gauge, why is that such a big deal? Your low fuel lght still works. If you just get some gas when that little light goes on you will be okay. Otherwise don't let such a puny issue get your undies in a bunch.
Its apparent that you have no idea what your talking about. My car is about 1 month old. I parked it in the garage showing 1/2 tank (My garage is on level ground). Then next morning after about 10 miles of driving it showed 1/8 of a tank.(On level ground)
Carolyn Raven

Shelton, CT

#13 Oct 31, 2006
It seems that GM has known this since the 2003 models.
I think we should get together and see what we can do legally.
Carolyn in KY
Zhang

Akron, OH

#14 Nov 12, 2006
I have the same problem with my 06 RDV. If there is any way we can do legally, please contact me at:
[email protected]

Thanks
Mark Harvey

Cody, WY

#15 Dec 14, 2006
Here's a new puzzle. I have a 2002 Rendezvous and the rear hatch will just open on its own -- happens quite a lot. It hasn't done it while I've been driving, but it can and will do it at any possible inconvenient time, like when I park, take out the key, and try to walk away -- the lights will flash and the horn will honk -- like it's detecting a possible theft. And sure enough, the rear hatch will have unlocked itself.Will do it when I come back to the car and push the 'unlock' on the remote. Really annoying. Has it happened to anybody else? Does someone have an answer besides trying to sell it as is? Troubled in Cody, WY
Nancy Voorhees

Fishers, NY

#16 Dec 26, 2006
I have the same problem with the gas gage on my 2004.
Robert Wilson

Manchester, OH

#17 Jan 7, 2007
Having same problems with gas guage and contacted a lawyer and is getting ready to contacgm GM about buying it back. Contact [email protected] and let him know Robert Wilson sent you. Maybe we all can get something done, Rob
Sandra

New York, NY

#18 Jan 9, 2007
I just bought a used 2006 Rendezvous and I have the same gas gauge problem. I thought I was seeing things when I first drove it off the lot and within a day it drop to empty when I drove about 20 miles. My mileage counter said I still could drive another 109 miles....wasn't sure if I could trust that or not.
Bill

Lansing, MI

#19 Jan 18, 2007
Sandra wrote:
I just bought a used 2006 Rendezvous and I have the same gas gauge problem. I thought I was seeing things when I first drove it off the lot and within a day it drop to empty when I drove about 20 miles. My mileage counter said I still could drive another 109 miles....wasn't sure if I could trust that or not.
I have a 2002. The Fuel Guage just a month ago began to Fluctuate from Full to Empty then triggers the low fuel light to go on and off. This could be very generous GM should step tp the plate!
Dave

Denver, CO

#20 Jan 19, 2007
The gas guage on my 2002 Rendezvous shows full all the time. I have to use the digital meter that shows how much gas I have used and reset it every time I fill up. The temperature gas is also really messed up. It will go from normal temperature to hot with warning light in the blink of an eye and then a few minutes later return to the normal temperature reading. The engine doesn't smell or feel really hot so I figure it must be an electronic issue. The turn signalis also messed up. One day it will be fine and the next it will go to a really fast signal that blinks in back but not in front. With respet to the other problems discussed on this board, I've had about all of them. First my condensor went out and then the front wheel bearings. The car goes through a lot of coolent, sometimes I see leakage and sometimes not. It also goes through a lot of oil but using the high milealge oil tends to help. The car leaks oil from time to time. Whenever it leaks coolant or oil it usually does so in large amounts. It's really frustrating. I too have sworn off GM vehicles and hope to be part of a class action suit. I received the warranty extention notice on the wheel bearings and contacted GM about a refund but they refused since my car was beyond the mileage they specified. I pleaded my case that the problem began before I had it repaired but coulnd't afford to get it reparied until a bit later but they didn't care. I drive my car about 20K miles a year which isn't that unusual these days. I too have sworn off GM vehicles!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buick Rendezvous Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2004 anti-lock and all wheel drive light (Nov '06) Aug 14 Jody jo 69
05 rendezvous Aug 9 Cringle16 1
02 buick rendezvous tire size (Jun '08) Aug 5 DemonFletch 4
20p3 rendavous Aug 5 Dennis 1
2003 Rendezvous Droning noise at 2100 rpm (Oct '06) Aug 2 matt 40
Water leaking in on my passenger and drivers feet. (Mar '09) Jul '16 Jeff 29
Wet Floor boards (Oct '09) Jul '16 gahillbilly 7
More from around the web