2004 anti-lock and all wheel drive light

Posted in the Buick Rendezvous Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
m kyle

State College, PA

#1 Nov 11, 2006
my wifes ABS and all wheel drive light came on today when she started the vehicle after sitting over night in a garage and the lights stayed on even when trying what the manual says to reset. Any idea's the vehicle has 65 thousand on it.
Nancy Voorhees

Fishers, NY

#2 Dec 26, 2006
I have a 2004. Drove it through slush last winter and All Wheel Drive light said it was disabled. It did that 3 times last winter. Dealer said does not know what the problem is. All wheel drive is not much good if it does not work when you need it.
DBart

San Diego, CA

#3 Jun 10, 2007
My 2005 rendezvous has the same problems with "anti lock" and "awd disable" lights lit up. It also doesnt allow me to accelerate but drastically loses engine power if I push down on the gas pedal about a third of the way. The engine literally goes into an idle! Its dangerous when going up hills because I cant give it enough gas to keep going up the hill and have to pull over if theres alot of traffic. All three problems started at the same time. I noticed a humming sound in the rear end at 65mph just before all this happened. Just spent $1200 to fix a leaking main seal that leaked tranny fluid.$300 to fix fuel gage that didnt work and still doesnt read properly. Now this! So many problems and mileage is only 62K!! Dont buy a Rendezvous!!
mrodr41

United States

#4 Aug 20, 2007
Do you know what caused this problem? I am having the same issue with my 2004 rendevous
DBart wrote:
My 2005 rendezvous has the same problems with "anti lock" and "awd disable" lights lit up. It also doesnt allow me to accelerate but drastically loses engine power if I push down on the gas pedal about a third of the way. The engine literally goes into an idle! Its dangerous when going up hills because I cant give it enough gas to keep going up the hill and have to pull over if theres alot of traffic. All three problems started at the same time. I noticed a humming sound in the rear end at 65mph just before all this happened. Just spent $1200 to fix a leaking main seal that leaked tranny fluid.$300 to fix fuel gage that didnt work and still doesnt read properly. Now this! So many problems and mileage is only 62K!! Dont buy a Rendezvous!!
Bryan

Gibsonia, PA

#5 Sep 18, 2007
Same problem, 65,000 miles on mine and the AWD Disable keeps coming on. Had it checked out for free on a computer and showed nothing wrong.
nino

AOL

#6 Oct 4, 2007
2004 buick rendezvous,30000 miles,awd disable is on.mechanic cannot find nothing wrong.
Pepsi

Menomonee Falls, WI

#7 Oct 9, 2007
I was told by the car lot that I bought my car from for almost a year now that they could not hear nor get my 2003 rendezvous to repeat the noise I've been saying it was making then my husband hit something in the road and it blew out the front passenger tire so he had to put the spare tire on this disabled the AWD and the noise stopped. The repairs were made and the AWD came back on and the light shut off and the noise also came back.
Then all of the sudden I was driving home from work and the AWD disabled light came on and I completely lost my brakes and had to run off the road and hit the gravel for the brakes to work and then the AWD disabled light went off. The service department "manager" told me that this was impossible. I also told him that the noise is not there when the AWD is disabled and he also said that was impossible. That it is the two front wheel AWD sensors and that they have a short in them. Then today out of nowhere the AWD disabled light shut off and the AWD started working so I drove all the way back up there again so they could hear the noise. The service "manager" gave me the round around again so I got the general manager of the car lot. All the sudden the services "manager" found a bulletin that stated that the rear axle differential had problems on 2002 - 2006 in several GM vehicles and that this would cause the AWD to disable so basically this problem is masking itself out to be the AWD when in fact it's the axle differential. I don't know where they got the bulletin, but I'll get a copy and post it so that everyone can print it out and take it to the dealership that the vehicle came from and fix it at their expense.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Pepsi

Menomonee Falls, WI

#8 Oct 10, 2007
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/tsbs/results.cfm

here is a link to a service bulletin on my 2003 Buick Rendezvous. It's amazing that some many of these vechiles are having the same problems and are told they are caused by different things. Even in this service bulletin it states that several different things are the problem with the AWD disable light coming on.
Pepsi

Menomonee Falls, WI

#9 Oct 10, 2007
sorry about the missing spelling in the post before this I meant to type "It's amazing that so many of these vechiles are having the same problems ect ect.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls/results....

Here is another link to the defects & recalls on 2003 Buick Rendezvous.
mauricio

Tampico, Mexico

#10 Oct 11, 2007
no se porque fregados esta encendido el ADW DISABLE y tambien el ANTI-LOCK que onda como se quita este mensague de la pantalla del tablero de mi camioneta rendezvous 2002

les agradecerĂ­a si alguien me puede ayudar
[email protected]
thx
KFury

Zephyrhills, FL

#11 Oct 16, 2007
That's crazy! My AWD Disable light came on today on my 2005 rendezvous for no reason. I just had my tires rotated and balanced last week.
I see I have a lot of research and probably arguing to do with the dealer!
Kevin

Houston, TX

#12 Oct 18, 2007
I just had my 2003 Rendezvous repaired with that problem. I did not take it to a dealership but an approve AAA Auto Facility. They ran a diagnostic on the ABS and AWD SYSTEM. They had to replace the REAREND DIFFERENTAL AND TEMP VALVE plus one of the ANTI-LOCK BRAKE sensor were bad on the passenger side from wheel. I have not had anymore problems (knock on wood). Also the differental fluid has to be replace if it is work on. It is a special fluid from GM at twenty-eight dollars a quart and you will need four. Total $575.00
AYUDA

Juárez, Mexico

#13 Nov 19, 2007
tengo una aztek 2002 y me sale el mismo preblema (anti-lock y awd disable), al prinsipio se kitaba apagando la camioneta y volviendola a prender, pero despues ya era muy seguido y continuo, lo k he notado es k se activa kada vez k ay un brinco o golpe brusco en la parte trasera de la camioneta, kisiera k alguien me ayudara a resolber k es lo k uno le tiene k arreglar para k deje de desactivarse el awd, ya k kuando voy a hacerle la revision por computadora no sale nada, entonces kaego en la conclucion k es algo mas mecanico-expontaneo.
espero su pronta ayuda, mi correo es:
[email protected]
regretfulrendezv ousowner

Greenville, SC

#14 Nov 25, 2007
02 cxl replaced transmission 75,000 which was very costly. replaced alternator car went dead on my wife, within a week the awd disable light comes on in the information center. Car is paid for wish someone would steal and burn it.
Gutty

York, PA

#15 Dec 16, 2007
I have a 2002 CXL. When parked on a slight incline up or down the AWD disabled light comes on when started. It also does not want to back up. Seems like something is binding in the drive train.
Bill Bornholdt

Prince George, Canada

#16 Jan 20, 2008
2006 AWD. I also have had the Disable light comes on. I also noticed the speedometer will not work and the transmission shifts slowly. My dealer could not find a problem even when we took it in with the light still on.
buddy

Aliquippa, PA

#17 Apr 9, 2008
m kyle wrote:
my wifes ABS and all wheel drive light came on today when she started the vehicle after sitting over night in a garage and the lights stayed on even when trying what the manual says to reset. Any idea's the vehicle has 65 thousand on it.
I had the same problem with the same vehicle. Ended up being a bad sensor in one of the hubs. VERY COSTLY
WEILANDDRYWALL

United States

#18 May 7, 2008
Pepsi wrote:
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/t sbs/results.cfm
here is a link to a service bulletin on my 2003 Buick Rendezvous. It's amazing that some many of these vechiles are having the same problems and are told they are caused by different things. Even in this service bulletin it states that several different things are the problem with the AWD disable light coming on.
please post the website again to find this service bulletin, i am having the same probles
aftiatcomcastdot net

Naples, FL

#19 Jul 16, 2008
Total $575.00 was the whole bill?
2004 Rendezvous

Cedar Rapids, IA

#20 Dec 17, 2008
I took my 2004 Rendezvous into the mechanic with the AWD DISABLE light on,(which has been on for about 3 months) they ran a diagnostic, nothing. They ohmed the wiring, nothing. They checked speed sensors in the front wheels which are some how attached to the ABS which is interlocked with the AWD, nothing. So my mechanic called the ACDELCO Tech. line and found out that there is a sensor that reads the temp. of the fluids inside of the rear differential and many reports of this has been documented. So the mechanic is saying the best and cheapest way to go with out "taking" a bunch of my money is to switch the sensor. So, with tax, parts and labor it will come to around $389.00 the mechanic said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buick Rendezvous Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2004 Buick Rendezvous power locks will unlock b... (Jul '16) Jan 18 Ernest Coleman 3
Gasket Issue -- How I made GM Pay (Nov '06) Jan 16 Lisa marie 33
AWD Disable and Rear End Issues (May '07) Jan 14 sandydollar34 217
2006 rendezvous - fuses for cigarette lighters ... (Oct '13) Jan 8 LaToya 7
I have a 2002 Buick Rendezvous which randomly s... (Mar '12) Jan 8 LADYT 8
Water leaking in on my passenger and drivers feet. (Mar '09) Jan 1 Deborah Tanner 30
Rendezvous (Aug '06) Dec 29 Nikki 86
More from around the web