2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS is an American Lexus

Sep 24, 2009 Full story: www.latimes.com 141

Fighter pilots call it "target fixation" when you become so focused on a single adversary that you lose situational awareness and fly into something large and obvious, like the ground.

Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#1 Sep 24, 2009
Just a reminder, Buick beat Lexus and if you want American luxury, put your money where your mouth is, buy a Buick. Lexus is not American. It’s just that simple.
liner

Hicksville, NY

#2 Sep 25, 2009
JJFADS wrote:
Just a reminder, Buick beat Lexus and if you want American luxury, put your money where your mouth is, buy a Buick. Lexus is not American. It’s just that simple.
No it isn't.

Dallas, TX.

#3 Sep 25, 2009
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't.
Back your claim with factual data.

Dallas, TX.

#4 Sep 27, 2009
Looks like the stats are in and Buick is American and it beat Lexus. Buy American, buy a Buick.
liner

Hicksville, NY

#5 Sep 29, 2009
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>Back your claim with factual data.
Total 2008 Buick sales: 137,197
Total 2008 Lexus sales: 260,087.
Don't ever underestimate the intelligence of the American public.

Dallas, TX.

#6 Sep 29, 2009
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
Total 2008 Buick sales: 137,197
Total 2008 Lexus sales: 260,087.
Don't ever underestimate the intelligence of the American public.
Buick beat Lexus in quality you schmuck, and it’s American. We weren’t talking about sales numbers. You force us to underestimate your intelligence.
eskymi

Marquette, MI

#7 Sep 29, 2009
Boy the way some people act it's like America can't take a back seat in anything. I mean, we couldn't win at the Olympics so we start using pros. Our cars weren't as good, so we find reasons that Foreign cars are garbage.

We suck at soccer, but since we are the great USA and we didn't create the game, we don't like it so to justify our sucking we act like we don't care about the game and it's not important.

No wonder very few countries on the planet actually like and respect us.

Dallas, TX.

#8 Sep 29, 2009
eskymi wrote:
Boy the way some people act it's like America can't take a back seat in anything. I mean, we couldn't win at the Olympics so we start using pros. Our cars weren't as good, so we find reasons that Foreign cars are garbage.
We suck at soccer, but since we are the great USA and we didn't create the game, we don't like it so to justify our sucking we act like we don't care about the game and it's not important.
No wonder very few countries on the planet actually like and respect us.
Ok, let me get this straight. You are talking about using pros in the Olympics? Olympic athletes are pros. Then you talk about foreign cars being garbage. After reading over the posts in the thread, I am unable to find such a reference. Then you move on to talk about soccer. Hey, I like soccer. Just because “we didn’t create the game” is irrelevant and really has no bearing on the reasons soccer is not as popular with Americans like i.e. baseball is.

RE countries don’t like or respect us….umm…who cares? This is an autos forum and from the words you write, it looks as if you need to be on some politics or world peace thread. At any rate, what’s so wrong with being pro American? That’s a great thing and it’s also great to see Buick coming out with good quality product.
liner

Hicksville, NY

#9 Sep 29, 2009
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>Buick beat Lexus in quality you schmuck, and it’s American. We weren’t talking about sales numbers. You force us to underestimate your intelligence.
The whole point of building cars is to sell them, not to compete for some bogus quality poll. So, who won?

Dallas, TX.

#10 Sep 29, 2009
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole point of building cars is to sell them, not to compete for some bogus quality poll. So, who won?
Buick one –

And we must laugh at the fact you use the term “bogus quality.” Lexus has based its entire lifecycle on the pursuit of “perfection and quality”. That in itself negates your premise. As time moves on and you see more American vehicles topping the charts, sales will follow. At any rate, Lexus sales are dead. In fact, I think only the Scion line has experienced more of a sales decline then Lexus. If Toyota wants to bring back the Lexus nameplate they need to get back to making them unique. You must concede that over the years, Toyota got sloppy with the Lexus design team. They lost all of their personality.

Regardless, this thread has nothing to do with sales numbers. How you managed to derive sales numbers and attempt to utilize it as basis for an off topic argument is nothing more than an interesting and laughable tactical error.
liner

Hicksville, NY

#11 Sep 29, 2009
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>Buick one –
And we must laugh at the fact you use the term “bogus quality.” Lexus has based its entire lifecycle on the pursuit of “perfection and quality”. That in itself negates your premise. As time moves on and you see more American vehicles topping the charts, sales will follow. At any rate, Lexus sales are dead. In fact, I think only the Scion line has experienced more of a sales decline then Lexus. If Toyota wants to bring back the Lexus nameplate they need to get back to making them unique. You must concede that over the years, Toyota got sloppy with the Lexus design team. They lost all of their personality.
Regardless, this thread has nothing to do with sales numbers. How you managed to derive sales numbers and attempt to utilize it as basis for an off topic argument is nothing more than an interesting and laughable tactical error.
Ok, you tell me....what is the point of building cars?

You seem to think it's only to win a quality poll.
I think it's to sell the most cars.
What say you?
liner

Hicksville, NY

#12 Sep 29, 2009
Oh and one more thing....I didn't say "bogus quality", I said "bogus quality poll". You're so intent on furthering your agenda, that you don't even realize what I'm referring to.(JD Power). You might choose to believe Dan Neil and that's fine. Me? I'd go with the 260,087 people who bought one.

Dallas, TX.

#13 Sep 29, 2009
JD Power is the benchmark. You obviously don't know this industry.
liner

Rocky Point, NY

#14 Sep 29, 2009
JJFADS wrote:
JD Power is the benchmark. You obviously don't know this industry.
Well then, as an industry expert, you're surely aware that most, but not all, manufacturers pay big bux$$$ to JD Power for their poll results and that most of you industry experts consider them whores.

By the way, just what IS the point of building cars? Is it to sell the greatest number of them to your intended market, or is it to give JD Power something to sell to your marketing department? Hmmm?
Big Daddy

Canton, MS

#15 Sep 29, 2009
I think that new Buick is pretty sharp!
2003emm3

Bangkok, Thailand

#16 Sep 29, 2009
Hm.... I thought the Buick LaCrosse was an Opel Insignia, developed in Russelsheim, Hessen, Bundesrepublik Deutschland. JD Power is right, yee-haa, America is Number One, darnit!........with German parts :)
2003emm3

Bangkok, Thailand

#17 Sep 29, 2009
I think it is a bit off the mark to argue for or against Buick being "American quality", when it is developed by a supra-national corporation with design bureaus in several countries, a corporation that happens to be registered in the United States and (was) traded on the U.S. stock exchange.

Dallas, TX.

#18 Sep 30, 2009
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, as an industry expert, you're surely aware that most, but not all, manufacturers pay big bux$$$ to JD Power for their poll results and that most of you industry experts consider them whores.
By the way, just what IS the point of building cars? Is it to sell the greatest number of them to your intended market, or is it to give JD Power something to sell to your marketing department? Hmmm?
Like we said before, JD Powers is the benchmark. Makers giving cash to the benchmark is to be expected. Get a book and study the auto industry.
liner

Hicksville, NY

#19 Sep 30, 2009
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>Like we said before, JD Powers is the benchmark. Makers giving cash to the benchmark is to be expected. Get a book and study the auto industry.
"Makers giving cash to the benchmark is to be expected"????
And THAT gives you a warm feeling of trust towards JDP? You must be a politician.

By the way, in case you forgot, just what is the point of building cars? As a politician, you seem to have advanced your skills of question evasion to ever higher levels.

Dallas, TX.

#20 Sep 30, 2009
I am not a politician, and JD remains the benchmark of the industry whether you like it or not.

RE – evasion, we don’t answer you. Operating under a flawed premise deemed irrelevant to the conversation in a failed attempt to save face will not be entertained.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buick LaCrosse Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GM recalls 300,000 sedans and SUVs for headligh... Dec '14 John Jeffery 1
Buick bounces back with younger buyers (Apr '10) Oct '14 Ted Mabeck 30
Cadillac XTS (Dec '12) Apr '14 casmiami 4
crankshaft sensor (Feb '14) Feb '14 rhonda watts 1
Ford's stock tempered by downgrades (Jan '13) Jan '13 Pete 2
General Motors Plans $120M Expansion At Fairfax... (Aug '12) Aug '12 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
GM: June U.S. vehicle sales best in nearly four... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Archie 2
More from around the web