America's GM Implements DI Into 18 Ve...

America's GM Implements DI Into 18 Vehicles

There are 6 comments on the wot.motortrend.com story from Apr 8, 2009, titled America's GM Implements DI Into 18 Vehicles. In it, wot.motortrend.com reports that:

Direct-injection has been infiltrating GM's lineup for a few years now, but come next year, the General will ramp up its DI volume and will feature a planned 38 global models with the fuel saving technology under their hoods.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at wot.motortrend.com.

Since: Apr 07

ridgefarm Il

#1 Apr 8, 2009
I am glad to see GM making improvements to its engine lineup. There is NO reason GM cannot beat
the japanese in mpg.
Grand Wizard

Hanover, PA

#2 Apr 8, 2009
It's about time that GM proliferated the use of this technology.

“Irrefutable Harm”

Since: Mar 09

Miami Beach Fl.

#3 Apr 8, 2009
Tom Loy wrote:
I am glad to see GM making improvements to its engine lineup. There is NO reason GM cannot beat
the japanese in mpg.
Actually GM beats the Japanese in MPG on all trucks and SUVís. I even posted a thread about GM beating Lexus on MPG and you failed to post on it. Not that it really matters because I for one donít base my purchasing decision on MPG. I buy what I want and I donít like itty bitty teeny weenie puddle jumpers. I and most Americans like big vehicles. We are Americans remember? Our cars and trucks are inherently large, like our amber waves of grain. You are an eco-guy.

Since: Apr 07

ridgefarm Il

#4 Apr 9, 2009
Phantompay wrote:
<quoted text>Actually GM beats the Japanese in MPG on all trucks and SUVís. I even posted a thread about GM beating Lexus on MPG and you failed to post on it. Not that it really matters because I for one donít base my purchasing decision on MPG. I buy what I want and I donít like itty bitty teeny weenie puddle jumpers. I and most Americans like big vehicles. We are Americans remember? Our cars and trucks are inherently large, like our amber waves of grain. You are an eco-guy.
The reason I did not post on that thread is that hybrid is too expensive for the general public. Not many are going to spend 60 grand on a vehicle. You'd be better off buying a regular tahoe and having 30 grand for gasoline. And the japanese don't sell too many large suv's. Honda has none, and toyota only has the sequoia and the tundra, which are non hybrids.
UAW Bred

Bloomfield, IA

#5 Apr 10, 2009
I remember the days of the 4-cyl S10 pickup with the 4-speed auto tranny. Boy those were s-l-o-w but they got better MPG. I knew some people who couldn't even merge onto a highway with them, dangerous little things that were way underpowered. Didn't take long for the Tacoma to snuff out all the competition in the small truck ranks.

“Irrefutable Harm”

Since: Mar 09

Miami Beach Fl.

#6 Apr 12, 2009
UAW Bred wrote:
I remember the days of the 4-cyl S10 pickup with the 4-speed auto tranny. Boy those were s-l-o-w but they got better MPG. I knew some people who couldn't even merge onto a highway with them, dangerous little things that were way underpowered. Didn't take long for the Tacoma to snuff out all the competition in the small truck ranks.
Irrelevant and off topic.

Got bait?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buick LaCrosse Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Replace outside mirror 2011 Buick Lacross Jun 17 milt 1
I have electricl problems on my new 2014 Buick... Jun 13 Messenger 1
News GM recalls 300,000 sedans and SUVs for headligh... (Dec '14) Dec '14 John Jeffery 1
News Buick bounces back with younger buyers (Apr '10) Oct '14 Ted Mabeck 30
News Cadillac XTS (Dec '12) Apr '14 casmiami 4
crankshaft sensor (Feb '14) Feb '14 rhonda watts 1
News Ford's stock tempered by downgrades (Jan '13) Jan '13 Pete 2
More from around the web