Cadillac unveils sleeker SRX before D...

Cadillac unveils sleeker SRX before Detroit show

There are 5 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 5, 2009, titled Cadillac unveils sleeker SRX before Detroit show. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

General Motors Corp. is counting on the 2010 Cadillac SRX crossover vehicle to lure luxury car buyers with new design and performance features.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Carguy92

Apex, NC

#1 Jan 6, 2009
These numbskulls at GM just figured this out? No wonder they're in so much trouble. As a small hint - Toyota/Lexus has probably completely changed the new RX (probably out within a year or 2) so much that this GM version will soon be obsolete and the Japanese will once again raise and reset the bar. GM should have made this car 5-7 years ago instead of that hearse they came up with (old SRX). The RX series has been selling like hotcakes for years - this isn't new information. Our American auto companies - so sharp they only missed this one by 10 years...wait, let me guess - a hybrid version is coming in 2015.
My GGGeneration

Schaumburg, IL

#2 Jan 6, 2009
Carguy92 wrote:
These numbskulls at GM just figured this out? No wonder they're in so much trouble. As a small hint - Toyota/Lexus has probably completely changed the new RX (probably out within a year or 2) so much that this GM version will soon be obsolete and the Japanese will once again raise and reset the bar. GM should have made this car 5-7 years ago instead of that hearse they came up with (old SRX). The RX series has been selling like hotcakes for years - this isn't new information. Our American auto companies - so sharp they only missed this one by 10 years...wait, let me guess - a hybrid version is coming in 2015.
Really? Ya think so? Let's take a look, shall we?

Toyota DOWN 37%.

Honda DOWN 35%.

Malibu UP 43%

Impala UP 19%

The Japanese sure have raised the bar, haven't they?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/autoco...
My GGGeneration

Schaumburg, IL

#3 Jan 6, 2009
Carguy92 wrote:
Oh I forgot. maybe you should pick up the new CAR AND DRIVER and see how the new Ford Fusion Hybrid destroyed the Nissan and Camry in a comparison. Wasn't even close. Sorry to ruin your anti-Detroit rant.
I demand quality

Kailua Kona, HI

#4 Jan 6, 2009
My GGGeneration wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Ya think so? Let's take a look, shall we?
Toyota DOWN 37%.
Honda DOWN 35%.
Malibu UP 43%
Impala UP 19%
The Japanese sure have raised the bar, haven't they?
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/autoco...
How American....only using a couple of GM models that are currently doing well against Japanese company-wide results (GM company-wide results are also dismal). How misleading...your spin is as bad as GM's... Reread previous posts to temper your ignorance...
My GGGeneration

Schaumburg, IL

#5 Jan 6, 2009
I demand quality wrote:
<quoted text>
How American....only using a couple of GM models that are currently doing well against Japanese company-wide results (GM company-wide results are also dismal). How misleading...your spin is as bad as GM's... Reread previous posts to temper your ignorance...
I guess the point was that even in a dismal market for everyone INCLUDING and especially the Japanese, Malibu and Impala sales are UP. I'd say that's pretty impressive any way you slice it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buick LaCrosse Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Buick Lacrosse Hybrid unveiled at Beijing Auto ... Apr 28 Solarman 1
News Nutson's Mega-Sized Auto News Tweets February 2... Feb '16 Solarman 1
LaCrosse Emergency support (Nov '15) Nov '15 LFB 1
Replace outside mirror 2011 Buick Lacross (Jun '15) Jun '15 milt 1
I have electricl problems on my new 2014 Buick... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Messenger 1
News GM recalls 300,000 sedans and SUVs for headligh... (Dec '14) Dec '14 John Jeffery 1
News Buick bounces back with younger buyers (Apr '10) Oct '14 Ted Mabeck 30
More from around the web