Comparison: 2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS vs 2010 Lexus ES 350Will the Better Buick Please Stand Up?

There are 11 comments on the Mar 1, 2010, Motor Trend story titled Comparison: 2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS vs 2010 Lexus ES 350Will the Better Buick Please Stand Up?. In it, Motor Trend reports that:

Since 1989, Toyota's Lexus ES sedans have been raking in gigantic piles of crispy green cashola by employing an absurdly elementary tactic: simply becoming Japan's Buick.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Motor Trend.

micco

AOL

#1 Mar 1, 2010
I looked again, and I still think the materials are richer in the Buick.
Ulf

Greensboro, NC

#2 Mar 2, 2010
The Buick is a bit player with a pre-determined customer base of old white men.

I see no sales growth for Buick, despite GM shuttering brands and hoping that those abandoned customers visit another GM showroom.
Damage Control

Cicero, IN

#3 Mar 2, 2010
Sounds like racial profiling.

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#4 Mar 2, 2010
Buick will soon outsell Lexsux.
Free is free

Boise, ID

#5 Mar 2, 2010
I doubt that. Lexus' entry-level product (the ES) isn't the bread and butter of its product line. The IS, GS, RX and LS are. The ES is there to provide a low price point and frankly, isn't a very good representation of Lexus product.

Buick has succeeded in making an ES. Great. I wouldn't buy an ES, so why would I shop Buick?

Dallas, TX.

#6 Mar 2, 2010
If you were comparing an ES to the CXS-
Gustavo Meehavo

Greensboro, NC

#7 Mar 3, 2010
Damage Control wrote:
Sounds like racial profiling.
Yes, it does appear that GM is specifically targeting a certain demographic with this car. It never airs commercials for it on BET Kokomo Joey.

What happened to Chrysler? The market rebounded 13% but Chrysler didn't see any sales gains and once again pumped over 50% of its sales into fleet?
JOE

Jacksonville, FL

#8 Mar 3, 2010
I find it amusing that everyone seems to want a Lexus.Young people are aspiring to have the same cars as their grandparents. Buick in the 70s and 80s now Lexus with the exception of the name and some technical updates that come with time they are the same cars. We used to call them old peoples cars of luxo barges. I would not buy one.If I want luxury Maybe A CTS or CTSV maybe a BMW. I will pass on the un-sporty appliances.

Dallas, TX.

#9 Mar 5, 2010
lexux = led sled

“Be careful what u pretend 2 B”

Since: Jun 07

Lehigh Valley

#10 Mar 6, 2010
I dunno about all these cars loaded with all this techno-trash; Buick or Lexus.

Seems to me the "drive by wire" questions alone should make drivers think about how much technology they should pack into their vehicles.

I look at the dashes in these things and all I see is buttons, dials and gadgets.

That being said, Buick does seem to have outmatched Toyo on this round; gadget lovers - go for it!!!
Damage Control

Cicero, IN

#11 Mar 6, 2010
Seems Toyota has same problems at home...it isn't an American-Obamma-Democrat-UAW conspiracy thingy as some would want to believe:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/06/business/gl ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buick LaCrosse Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GM recalls 300,000 sedans and SUVs for headligh... Dec '14 John Jeffery 1
News Buick bounces back with younger buyers (Apr '10) Oct '14 Ted Mabeck 30
News Cadillac XTS (Dec '12) Apr '14 casmiami 4
crankshaft sensor (Feb '14) Feb '14 rhonda watts 1
News Ford's stock tempered by downgrades (Jan '13) Jan '13 Pete 2
News General Motors Plans $120M Expansion At Fairfax... (Aug '12) Aug '12 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
News GM: June U.S. vehicle sales best in nearly four... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Archie 2
More from around the web