Posted in the BMW Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Sandeep M Sharma

Houston, TX

#1 Oct 18, 2007
Hi,

I am opening this forum only for "true" ownners of 2008 or 2007 BMW 335XI. I own one and love it! I will be posting my detailed review shortly.
I ordered my car in July 2007 and took the delivery on 12th Oct 2007. Its a Jet black with Beige interior and poplar natural wood trim. I just love it. I have put around 200 miles on it now...still breaking-in (although the dealership said there is no break-in, I am not taking any chances and going by the user manual which does talk about an initial break-in period of 1200 miles). Good luck to all who own this beautiful car and join me here in reviewing this peice of art.
Thanks.
Dennis in TN

United States

#2 Nov 12, 2007
I pick mine up today. I had a 2007 335i stick and got the 335xi auto w/sport package (my wife can't drive a stick)
photon from Toronto

Mississauga, Canada

#3 Nov 23, 2007
I've had my 2007 335xi automatic since May 1 - one of the first in Canada I believe. Now over 17 000 km. Handling and acceleration are amazing. It's a blast to drive. Suspension is STIFF so watch those speed bumps and potholes. Also watch for radar as you can find yourself well over the limit in no time. Bought run-flat Pirelli snows for our climate. Enjoy!
Shelly in NY

Jackson, NJ

#4 Nov 24, 2007
I got my car on Nov 6th..I ordered it on September 29th....I love it..I got the Montego Blue...sexy color...black interior with Aluminum trim....Didn't want a stick again...so I'm jus relaxin now...Love the take off....great handlin...nav...cold weather package....i'm always cold...nice!!!
Steve - Colorado

Lafayette, CO

#5 Dec 2, 2007
Just test drove a 335XI. Wow, they really did mean it when they said scary fast. I out drove our current 330XI by a long shot. Any comments from you who have bought one regarding price negotiation would be appreciated.
Photon from TO

Toronto, Canada

#6 Dec 18, 2007
You might get 5% off if you're lucky. By the way, the car was terrific during this last blizzard. Of course, up here, in the frozen North, I have 4 Blizzak snows.
Chris - Cincinnati Ohio

Covington, KY

#7 Jan 21, 2008
I got mine in July, 07. It came with a defect in the paint which resulted in the hood having to be repainted. It doesn't look very good. The windshield was defective as well so they replaced it. In Oct / Nov the car started "Lurching" when stopped at a light. This mostly happens when the car is warming up. The dealership has done 2 software updates to fix it, but it still happens once or twice a week. Now I am having problems with the Ipod interface. Did I mention the turn signal went out on the day of delivery. Drives nice but it is a piece of Crap as far as I am concerned...
Jason from NJ

Basking Ridge, NJ

#8 Feb 8, 2008
Scary fast, and I do mean SCARY. This is not a toy. It drives on rails and you CANNOT spin out without hurting yourself. Just picked up my 335xi with Logic7...the best factory sound system available in any car, at any price. Folks, this is the best car available in the $40-60K range. You can do no better. If you want to feel the road, but not too much, and want to be able to beat just about any car in the world off the line, this is your car. It's incredible. Go test drive one if you don't believe me. Leave your checkbook at home unless your spouse will understand the new purchase. To buy it is not optional. If you drive it and can afford it, you will buy it. Period. Best car EVER.
John

Springfield, OH

#9 Mar 24, 2008
Chris,

I too live in Cincy and grew up in Hamilton. I Just ordered one, and now I'm a bit concerned. Are you still having continual problems. What dealer did you get yours from? Color combo? Anything else to watch out for?

John
Chris - Cincinnati Ohio wrote:
I got mine in July, 07. It came with a defect in the paint which resulted in the hood having to be repainted. It doesn't look very good. The windshield was defective as well so they replaced it. In Oct / Nov the car started "Lurching" when stopped at a light. This mostly happens when the car is warming up. The dealership has done 2 software updates to fix it, but it still happens once or twice a week. Now I am having problems with the Ipod interface. Did I mention the turn signal went out on the day of delivery. Drives nice but it is a piece of Crap as far as I am concerned...
jim_shady

United States

#10 Apr 2, 2008
I have a 2008 335xi coupe...with all the goodies...anyone notice that yes it is scary fast...but...man if you hit a divot or pothole in the road w/the standard runflats that come w/ the car...ooofdah...it's painful.
Seattle_Phil

Bellingham, WA

#11 Apr 5, 2008
I pick up my 2008 335xi in about 10 days. The car is amazing, the only debate I have is the wheels and tires. I do a lot of up and down I-5 driving. The car I picked has 18" Sport Tires and wheels with Run Flat as an option. I have asked the dealer to swap for the 17" RFT. I would much rather have Michelin Pilots.

What has your experience been with tread life on your 335XI's so far? I would hate to replace tires every 15K.
andi

Red Deer, Canada

#12 Apr 5, 2008
I'm looking at purchasing a 2008 335xi once I sell my 325i. Have any of you put in the chip to increase the HP?
europe335xi

Sevilla, Spain

#13 Apr 23, 2008
I won one since July 2007. The car is incredible, fast, elegant and really good value in its price range. Here in Europe cars are a lot more expensive than in the States.

The most amazing thing is the power of its engine. I have manual transmission, and in 6th gear, when the speed limiter kicks in at 155-160 mph, the engine is only at 5500 rpms. I think that without speed limit, this car would go beyond 180 mph with no problems.

For now, I haven'r had any single issue with the car. It has 10000 miles now and it is exactly as firts day.
Al from CT

United States

#14 Jun 5, 2008
Dennis in TN wrote:
I pick mine up today. I had a 2007 335i stick and got the 335xi auto w/sport package (my wife can't drive a stick)
I pick mine up tomorrow. I also chose the auto for the very same reason: My wife can't drive a stick either.
I just stepped out of 2008 Inifinity G35X after onoy 7500 miles and 5 months.
Baldwin

Calgary, Canada

#15 Jul 9, 2008
I pick mine up tomorrw white with lemon interior. Also have a 2008 G35X and love, curious why did you step out of the G35X?
Frank C

Montréal, Canada

#16 Jul 21, 2008
was driving a 2004 Acura TL ... i'm getting my 2008 BMW 335Xi, 3nd week of august can't bieleve the wait...it's got navigation, sport packadge, logic7, the works ! i took it Artic and sadle brown ... it's gona be diferent ! use to black exterior but its to late now! i'll let you know how i like it !
John V

Nanaimo, Canada

#17 Aug 6, 2008
Picked my 335xi up May 1st, Sparkling Graphite, Jade grey int. This is one hell of a car, have added front spoiler will be adding Dinan chip soon, because I love scary fast.
Sierra beemer

United States

#18 Aug 7, 2008
2008 Arctic Metallic,sport,premium,winter, nav and comfort access. The Contis came with sport package and work very well on dry and snow. Had 05 X3 and like this better especialy the POWER and handling.I have over 6000 miles and the only thing that bugs me is he hill holding brakes that hold a little too much at lights and make a smooth take off difficult, other than that I love the car.
Chan Calgary

Calgary, Canada

#19 Aug 23, 2008
Got my 335xi in late June and took it out to Seattle in early August. The pickup from this car was unbelievable. It provides much confidence especially when passing other cars. I am still trying to determine when to shift into the 6th gear. Any comments ?
Rebecca

United States

#20 Sep 13, 2008
I've had my 2007 335xi for just over a year now. I've gone through three fuel injectors, all new run flat tires (at a whopping cost of $1,600) and is now back in the shop again for....guess what....a fuel injector. Has anyone else had any problems. Love the car but chirst for the price it's been in the shop more than on the road.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

BMW Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs (Nov '07) 1 hr deeque 432
bmw parts south africa - bmw spares (May '10) Apr '15 modise 216
News Set to replace the S80, the upcoming Volvo S90 ... Apr '15 realist 1
News Mercedes-Benz Concept GLC Coupe comes to China ... Apr '15 hiranjgarbhkkmissier 1
BMW Check Engine Light w/ code P1250 (Oct '07) Apr '15 matt 11
News BMW Fix for E46 M3 SMG problem (Jul '07) Mar '15 Ahmad 110
News 2015 BMW World Malaysia confirmed for April 17-19 Mar '15 Anonymous 1
More from around the web