GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs

GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs

There are 462 comments on the Edmunds.com story from May 22, 2007, titled GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs. In it, Edmunds.com reports that:

Replying to: ppalonsky FWIW, the shifting issue has a TSB issued and a dealer can fix it, and the gas gauge being off is going to require a software update that is in development. via Edmunds.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Edmunds.com.

Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Brooklyn, NY

#82 Nov 19, 2010
Ah yes. Good old GM. Such horrible quality, reliability, ugly and so on. Do yourselves a favor. Ditch your domestic POS and get to your local Hyundai, Honda or Nissan dealer and pickup a nice shiny and new reliable Japanese or Korean car. I can assure you that you will not regret your desicision.

Cheers. See you there!
Skeptical

Colorado Springs, CO

#83 Nov 19, 2010
frustrated wrote:
I have a 2008 Acadia SLT2 - AWD and the service stabilitrack; traction control warning light keeps on coming on. I have had it serviced two times already and the dealership only clears the codes. Is there a solution to this problem? Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks for any info you can give me.
Same here,'08 SLT2, Stabilitrack light comes and goes. Car handles and acts normal. Any firm suggestions, rather than speculations and low compression. Which don't sound right to me, stabilitrack refers to the traction control for vehicle handling in slippery roads, not engine compression which would suggest rough engine or missing, no get-up-n-go. Someone is blowing smoke up someone's tailpipe.
Pat

Tampa, FL

#84 Nov 22, 2010
I own a 2007 GMC Acadia and took it in six times to fix these identical roof leaks. The dealer said it was a flawed design and the roof drains plugged. Finally, one of the mechanics at my dealer (Brandon GMC in Tampa, Florida) came up with an innovative way to extend the drains and they haven't plugged since.
Also frustrated wrote:
My 2008 Acadia SLT, AWD leaks water from the door frame airbags and now from the sun visor whenever it rains. The first time this happened, the fuse box got wet and the car died completely. It was fixed 1 month ago and the dealership said it was because the sun roof drains got clogged. Now today it has started leaking again and it also started leaking from the ceiling light between the 2nd and 3rd row seats. When I tried to turn off the car, it wouldn't turn off, even with the key removed. It took many tries to get the car to turn off, finally I accomplished it by putting the car in reverse, neutral, drive and then back to park. It goes back to the dealer tomorrow.
Get Real Rosco

Brooklyn, NY

#85 Nov 26, 2010
I have a 1985 Chevy truck the frame is rusting and GM won't give me my money back. I'm livid.
Kim

Bloomington, IL

#86 Dec 1, 2010
Tzamora wrote:
I bought my 08 Acadia 3 months ago. 2 days after I got it, it rained and the passenger side headliner started leaking. Then the air bag sensor came on. No-one seems to know how to work on my car. Tried to get my oil changed and the place broke a piece trying to do it, and the dealerships just want to charge an arm and a leg. Finally got the leak fixed 2 mo later and now my back wiper won't shut off. So frustrating! I love this car, but hate everything about it. I wish I had seen all these negative reviews before I bought this car.
Did you get the wiper blade problem fixed, and what was it?
Kim

Bloomington, IL

#87 Dec 1, 2010
Did you get the rear wiper blade problem fixed, and what was it?
Get Real Rosco

Brooklyn, NY

#88 Dec 3, 2010
HELP! My Domestic automobile is beginning to rust and break down! What should I do? BUY A HYUNDAI!
Frustrated

Edmonton, Canada

#89 Dec 14, 2010
My 2008 Acadia is now in it's 3rd Canadian winter and has just developed the Stabilitrack/Traction Control problem and I have discovered the joys of "limp mode" - 20 kms per hour working up to top speed of 50 km/hr. Wonderful when on a busy 2 lane highway at 7:30 am! The first time I went into limp mode I was told it had to do with the air intake that dirt and moisture collected and froze next to the throttle and that it was standard practise to clean this out when having an oil change done. So if it's a common problem - why have they not figured out a long term solution. And why is it just happening now? Have loved my Acadia but now that have gone over 90,000 kms am thankful I have the extended warranty....
2010acadialemon

New Albany, IN

#90 Dec 18, 2010
Ray wrote:
This is the last GM car i will buy. This truck has been nothing but problems. Electrical, water leaks, the transmission went out completely, Thank god it was under warranty. I'm loyal but how many times can you stay with something that treats you so bad. That stabiltrack problem
Is actually your break booster that leaks and sets off the error code. Come on GM !!
I leased a 2010 Acadia LEMON! Water problems, electrical problems, it has been in the shop 13 times for weeks at a time....what a JOKE! Last GMC I will ever lease/buy!
mag808

Long Beach, CA

#91 Dec 21, 2010
We own a 2007 Acadia and had had relatively few problems with it until last Sunday when I experience the loss of power steering during a rainstorm. The dealer told us that the failure of a "trim piece" allowed water to infiltrate the power steering unit and caused the loss of power. Although we purchased an extended warranty, we were told that the warranty did not cover repair of the "trim" problem. It turns out that it's not a trim problem; it's a design defect. The cowling inside the wheel-well isn't long enough to protect the power steering unit from water puddles. The fix is to attach an extension to the front wheel-wells so that the unit is protected. For this we were charged $400!!! Since it is apparent that GM is well aware of the problem, we will be following up with GMC and with the NHTSA.
SPURG

Luling, LA

#92 Dec 27, 2010
Disappointed wrote:
I have a 2007 Acadia SLT front wheel drive and have the same problem. The engine started coughing and sputtering when the service stabilitrak; service traction control warning kept coming on. I took it in and they cleared the code. Started saying it was an injector probelm. Then they said it was a wire rubbing and fixed a harness. I took it back home and the next day I had the same problem. I took it back to the dealer this morning and ahd the exact same problem again this afternoon. There is definitely something wrong and plan to go back again to get this fixed.
Brought my Acadia in for service again for the stabilitrak problem. Tech stated my master brake cylinder was leaking. The master cylinder needed to be replaced. Also, the fluid leaked onto another part the need to be replaced. Seems like all the post I read for the stabilitrac problem have a different resolution.
plo

Udine, Italy

#93 Dec 29, 2010
did you get the problem resolved? i have teh same on my 2007
jerome douglasalbany ny

Schenectady, NY

#94 Dec 31, 2010
i been to my dealership 4 times for tranmission problem with no results a 2007 fully loaded acadia replace once and the porblem still exist what can i do????
GM Junk

United States

#95 Jan 4, 2011
Skeptical wrote:
<quoted text>
Same here,'08 SLT2, Stabilitrack light comes and goes. Car handles and acts normal. Any firm suggestions, rather than speculations and low compression. Which don't sound right to me, stabilitrack refers to the traction control for vehicle handling in slippery roads, not engine compression which would suggest rough engine or missing, no get-up-n-go. Someone is blowing smoke up someone's tailpipe.
I own an 08 GMC Acadia when at idle speed for instance at a stop light the service engine soon light flashes then is followed by a service stabilitrack and service traction control message is displayed. I have had it in 3 times the error code reads P0306. misfire cylinder 6. This last time I had them dive a little deeper into the problem and they found low compression on the rear bank of cylinders with very low compression on cylinder 6. The problem was 2 bent valves. They are repairing the engine but I will most likely trade it in since problem will end up causing other problems down the road.
jerry

Hazelwood, MO

#96 Jan 18, 2011
Frustrated wrote:
My 2008 Acadia is now in it's 3rd Canadian winter and has just developed the Stabilitrack/Traction Control problem and I have discovered the joys of "limp mode" - 20 kms per hour working up to top speed of 50 km/hr. Wonderful when on a busy 2 lane highway at 7:30 am! The first time I went into limp mode I was told it had to do with the air intake that dirt and moisture collected and froze next to the throttle and that it was standard practise to clean this out when having an oil change done. So if it's a common problem - why have they not figured out a long term solution. And why is it just happening now? Have loved my Acadia but now that have gone over 90,000 kms am thankful I have the extended warranty....
have the same prob. with my 2007 saturn outlook. found the airintake full of oil and condensation messing up the mass airflow sensor. cant figurte out why. it is coming through the pressure relief line running up from the engine. somthing else is going on internally. i'm getting rid of mine. i also only have 90kmi.
Suprised

Lehi, UT

#97 Jan 28, 2011
I have had my 2007 GMC ACADIA SLT2 for 4 years and never had a single problem until the day i sold it. as the new owner was driving away the check engie light pops on and the reduced engine power light and the stabilitrack light. WHAT? did I hurt someone in another life???? or did she do something to cause this on her way home???? it is under warrenty so that is good. OH wait i do recall needing a new battery after only 36000 miles. seems kinda odd?
SoCal Guy

San Diego, CA

#98 Feb 5, 2011
I just had the same problem with my 2007 Acadia SLT today while on my way to work. I got the warning saying my stabilitrack was off and reducing power, next thing it says need oil change soon (even i'm about 1000 mi before my next oil change) but that's after the stabilitrack was stored and engine running normal again. The engine check light stayed on the whole time. It happened again on my way home. NOTE: I also noticed my oil percentage life reads zero percent now, it was in the 80% before this happened.
TIRED

Courtland, CA

#99 Feb 15, 2011
I purchased my 2010 Acadia new in March of 2010. It has 14,000 and I've taken it in twice for the air conditioner not working. The first time it took them 3 days to figure out thee was no freon and maybe a leakage. The truck was repaired 2 days later after sealing the leakage. The air conditioner worked for 2 days and out again. It's currently in the shop again for the same problem!!

Does anyone have an answer to this problem?
rich

Massapequa, NY

#100 Feb 18, 2011
engine says oil pressure is low and is alarming but when u check the oil, its fine and the temp and everythung is fine. anybody have a similar issue. is it a faulty sensor?
help

United States

#101 Feb 18, 2011
My Acadia has been in the shop for 3wks due to oil sludge. I change my own oil using Amsoil. The timing chain needs to be replaced also. I was instructed by GMC there is a technical bulletin on this. They will cover repairs at this time but offer no info for future issues. Mileage is 49,000+. Oil was sent to Amsoil they found no problems with the oil. Any advice? Also antifreeze has been missing with no leaks found. I reported this to the dealership after an oil change at about 22,000miles they tell me they are "unable to duplicate at this time". HELP-- I am frustrated because in the beginning the dealership told me my motor needed replacing now they are only draining and replacing oil and timing chain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

BMW Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BMW E39 Dashboard Lights (Mar '06) Jun 9 Sunshine 344
News 2017 BMW i3, electric-car sales, VW diesel woes... May '16 Solarman 1
bmw parts south africa - bmw spares (May '10) May '16 JUNIOR 227
News Cadillac ELR Is Walking Dead May '16 Solarman 3
News 2017 BMW i3 receives larger battery - 300 km range May '16 Solarman 1
Professional BMW Scanner AutoMaster NT644 Apr '16 lanrce 2
News BMW Fix for E46 M3 SMG problem (Jul '07) Apr '16 Rue 112
More from around the web