BMW X5 Factory Running Boards

BMW X5 Factory Running Boards

Posted in the BMW X5 Forum

Shad

Vail, CO

#1 Feb 10, 2010
I recently purchased a 2010 BMW X5. I love the car but the factory running boards are driving me nuts. They make it really difficult to get out of the car especially with the sport seats.

Can anyone tell me if there is a replacement side skirt to get rid of these factoy running boards?

-Thanks, Shad
Ozzy

San Diego, CA

#2 Mar 11, 2010
Shad,
I feel your pain! I just took delivery of my X5 diesel, with sport seats and factory running board and cannot get out of the vehicle without scrapping my pants on the boards. I inquired at the dealer about having the add-on running boards installed to make a bigger lip to step onto, but at a cost of $1200.00 to purchase and install - NO THANKS!
Naturally, the salesperson said he had never heard anyone complain about the sport seats and factory running boards, so I told him that he needs to remember my comment so the next poor sap can pay the $300.00 and add on the other running boards during assembly and not after the fact.
Good luck!
Running Boards for Trucks

Provo, UT

#3 Feb 2, 2011
I've heard a lot of complaints of running boards for trucks having the same problems. There are some, I'm sure, that are much better than others however.

http://www.amp-research.com/products/truckacc... #
scotti

Oromocto, Canada

#4 Feb 18, 2012
Exactly the same issue, boards stick out under door sills too far and catch pants eveytime. They should have been moulded back inline and flared at the ends only.
Ted

Concord, NC

#5 Feb 9, 2013
poor design, can these be removed ?
JMJ

Maryville, TN

#6 Jun 20, 2014
Did anyone have any luck with finding a remedy for removing the running boards? I have the same issues and it is so annoying.
joebeca

Keystone Heights, FL

#7 Jan 29, 2016
I am having the same issue. Just purchased a bmw x5 and I can't stand the running boards. Does anyone know if they can be removed? I asked the dealership and they said no. Is that true?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

BMW X5 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2017 BMW 740e plug-in hybrid gets 64 mpge, 14-m... Aug 12 Solarman 1
x5 owners please read carefully (Mar '06) Jul '16 Serg12 303
2011 X5 cup holder compartment tool Jun '16 JCS 1
Windscreen washer Apr '16 Vivian 1
Brake light on dash on a 2006 suv x5 will not s... Mar '16 RichAshe 1
X5 going through oil (Dec '05) Mar '16 consul 60 83
BMW X5 E39/ 5 Series E46 retrofit car gps navig... Mar '16 catecardvd 1
More from around the web