VW wins 2009 International Engine of ...

VW wins 2009 International Engine of the Year, Mercedes Scoops Performance Engine Award

There are 2 comments on the Carscoop story from Jun 17, 2009, titled VW wins 2009 International Engine of the Year, Mercedes Scoops Performance Engine Award. In it, Carscoop reports that:

Volkswagen Group's 1.4-litre TSI Twincharger gasoline engine has been named the grand winner at 2009 International Engine of the Year awards ending BMW's four-year-streak. The four-cylinder unit that is offered in a variety of cars including the VW Golf and Seat Ibiza Cupra, also scooped the Green Engine of the Year award beating both Toyota's and ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carscoop.

Babken

Yerevan, Armenia

#1 Jun 17, 2009
BMW is preparing its new M engine, and when it comes out, people will forget about your weak amg. I doubt that your amg engine can gather so many trophies as BMW's 5-litre V10 did through it's history.
So don't boast with your mercedes. The whole world knows which automobile manufacturer makes the best engines in the world. It's BMW. BMW has gathered 43 trophies in international engine of the year award's 11 history events, among which 6 international engine of the year awards. By contrast,mercedes managed to gather only 5 trophies and was never able to gain the international engine of the year award.
Joao Prates

Setúbal, Portugal

#2 Aug 8, 2009
The results for Engine of the Year Awards 2009 should be subjected to severe auditing from independent sources.
I will only name 1 category where the results are simply outrageous to an extent far beyond comprehension: The Green Engine award.
The jury had several cars to choose from, and two nominees were the VW TSI and the new Prius 3G (3rd generation).
Having:
The VW with 174 hp, 6.2 L/100 km and 144 g/km CO2;
The Toyota with 136 hp, 3.9 L/100 km and 89 g/km CO2
The jury says the car which has:
+30% horsepower, 63% more fuel consumption, 62% more CO2 emissions
is the greenest car... yeah... right... is this for real!?!?!
The general public demands a general inquiry to this Jury votes right now!
This is a shameful representation of how strong lobbies can go.
I feel sick to the stomach reading this year's awards.
Shame on the jury!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

BMW M3 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BMW Fix for E46 M3 SMG problem (Jul '07) Apr '16 Rue 112
new M3 sedan and convertible spotted at BMWNA i... (Feb '08) Mar '15 posews 2
News BMW M3 simulator inside an actual BMW M3 (Jul '07) Mar '15 lurcus 3
News Mercedes' Latest High-Powered AMG Sedan Is 100%... (Sep '14) Sep '14 don 1
News General Motors Says Goodbye To One Of The BEST ... (May '14) May '14 e60 M5 e46 M3 1
News A new supercar is born (Mar '06) Oct '12 Mike Smithy 5
News BMW M3 vs. MB C63 AMG vs. Audi RS4 by Car and D... (Nov '07) Oct '12 CRAZYTONE 28
More from around the web