Face-Off: 2009 Audi S5 versus 2009 BM...

Face-Off: 2009 Audi S5 versus 2009 BMW 335i Coupe

There are 3 comments on the The Driving Woman story from May 25, 2009, titled Face-Off: 2009 Audi S5 versus 2009 BMW 335i Coupe. In it, The Driving Woman reports that:

S does not equal M. Although it seems natural to compare Audi's S line of sport-tuned offerings to BMW's M division entries, we've often found that it's not a fair fight when it comes to performance.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Driving Woman.

Audi S5

United States

#1 Jun 20, 2009
It's not a matter of performance. It's about reliabily. The 335i will be of no use to you when it's in the shop all the time for fuel delivery problems and software; THE S5 WINS. Of course it's all opinion until you make the purchase and really understand what you just bought. Nothing worse than a tow trip to the BMW service center..again...again...and again. Anybody what some used fuel pumps? Like I said, it's all opinion.
Jim N

Plymouth, MN

#2 Sep 3, 2009
S5 handles like a buick. Audi is embarassing 50 more horse + 7k more and it loses on the track head to head. Audi's always the stepchild trying to catchup in engineerring. Car looks ok from side back front grill is butt ugly...it's all MY OPINION

United States

#3 Sep 19, 2009
I really doubt Audi is trying to catch-up with the 335i. The 335i completely failed in a race with the G37. It's soooo funny, the 335i barely finished the warm-up lap then quickly went into limp mode so much like every 335is from 2007, 2008 and 2009. The latest update I heard was the N54 was hiding its head between its legs. Soon to be overturned by another version because of sooo mannny issues. The way I see is the 335i is a terrible investment; you should wait until 2012 to inspect the new version. If you need to get a car right away, the S5,S4 and G37 are very nice cars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

BMW M3 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BMW Fix for E46 M3 SMG problem (Jul '07) Apr '16 Rue 112
new M3 sedan and convertible spotted at BMWNA i... (Feb '08) Mar '15 posews 2
News BMW M3 simulator inside an actual BMW M3 (Jul '07) Mar '15 lurcus 3
News Mercedes' Latest High-Powered AMG Sedan Is 100%... (Sep '14) Sep '14 don 1
News General Motors Says Goodbye To One Of The BEST ... (May '14) May '14 e60 M5 e46 M3 1
News A new supercar is born (Mar '06) Oct '12 Mike Smithy 5
News BMW M3 vs. MB C63 AMG vs. Audi RS4 by Car and D... (Nov '07) Oct '12 CRAZYTONE 28
More from around the web