GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs

GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs

There are 463 comments on the Edmunds.com story from May 22, 2007, titled GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs. In it, Edmunds.com reports that:

Replying to: ppalonsky FWIW, the shifting issue has a TSB issued and a dealer can fix it, and the gas gauge being off is going to require a software update that is in development. via Edmunds.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Edmunds.com.

First Prev
of 24
Next Last
frustrated

Medford, OR

#1 Nov 20, 2007
I have a 2008 Acadia SLT2 - AWD and the service stabilitrack; traction control warning light keeps on coming on. I have had it serviced two times already and the dealership only clears the codes. Is there a solution to this problem? Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks for any info you can give me.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Disappointed

Palatine, IL

#2 Apr 10, 2008
I have a 2007 Acadia SLT front wheel drive and have the same problem. The engine started coughing and sputtering when the service stabilitrak; service traction control warning kept coming on. I took it in and they cleared the code. Started saying it was an injector probelm. Then they said it was a wire rubbing and fixed a harness. I took it back home and the next day I had the same problem. I took it back to the dealer this morning and ahd the exact same problem again this afternoon. There is definitely something wrong and plan to go back again to get this fixed.
Kala

Fairfield, CA

#4 Apr 4, 2009
Just wanted to know if either one of you guys got this problem taken care of! I will be making my 3rd trip to the dealership on Monday to try and fix this problem again! I am very frustrated!
Brent

Des Moines, IA

#5 May 4, 2009
Kala wrote:
Just wanted to know if either one of you guys got this problem taken care of! I will be making my 3rd trip to the dealership on Monday to try and fix this problem again! I am very frustrated!
I have a 2008 that has the same problems. My dealer checked the compression and found that the engine has low compression on one cylinder. They removed the engine and found that all the exhaust valve in the engine are bad. I would bet that this your problem also. My car only has 20,000 miles and I wonder how may others have the same problem
Brent

Des Moines, IA

#6 May 5, 2009
frustrated wrote:
I have a 2008 Acadia SLT2 - AWD and the service stabilitrack; traction control warning light keeps on coming on. I have had it serviced two times already and the dealership only clears the codes. Is there a solution to this problem? Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks for any info you can give me.
I have a 2008 that has the same problems. My dealer checked the compression and found that the engine has low compression on one cylinder. They removed the engine and found that all the exhaust valve in the engine are bad. I would bet that this your problem also. My car only has 20,000 miles and I wonder how may others have the same problem
Brent

Des Moines, IA

#7 May 5, 2009
Disappointed wrote:
I have a 2007 Acadia SLT front wheel drive and have the same problem. The engine started coughing and sputtering when the service stabilitrak; service traction control warning kept coming on. I took it in and they cleared the code. Started saying it was an injector probelm. Then they said it was a wire rubbing and fixed a harness. I took it back home and the next day I had the same problem. I took it back to the dealer this morning and ahd the exact same problem again this afternoon. There is definitely something wrong and plan to go back again to get this fixed.
JGW

United States

#8 May 16, 2009
I have been having the same problems, a 2008 slt awd acadia. Taking it to the dealer on Monday. I will mention the cylinder compression problem to try avoiding the 20 trips back to the dealer. I will ask them how often they are seeing this problem. Other than that, I do love my Acadia, so I hope it can be fixed easily, before the warranty runs out. Mine, too is only in the 20000 mile range.
ArcDancer

Prosser, WA

#9 May 20, 2009
I too am having this same problem. They thought it was intake gaskets, but replacing them did no good. Car is currently in the shop (for the 4th time)awaiting a new head and valves. According to GMC's tech line, they are having quite a few issues with the valves, valve seats, etc. If it does not get fixed this time, we will sell it back to them and go back to driving foreign made vehicles!
Chris

Earth City, MO

#10 May 29, 2009
I am strongly considering an Enclave/Acadia/Outlook. My brother works for one of the GM dealerships, and says that the problem is in one of the sensors. I don't know which one off-hand, but he says that if it is not replaced, the engine will blow and have to be replaced. I will check in with hi later and find out specifically which sensor it is and get back with you guys. He told me about it a couple of days ago and I just went online to see if any other owners are experiencing problems with this line of vehicles. I am a die hard GM fan, and want to stay loyal to them badly. But I have driven a ford lately....
newowner09 of an 07

Louisville, KY

#11 Jun 20, 2009
Chris wrote:
I am strongly considering an Enclave/Acadia/Outlook. My brother works for one of the GM dealerships, and says that the problem is in one of the sensors. I don't know which one off-hand, but he says that if it is not replaced, the engine will blow and have to be replaced. I will check in with hi later and find out specifically which sensor it is and get back with you guys. He told me about it a couple of days ago and I just went online to see if any other owners are experiencing problems with this line of vehicles. I am a die hard GM fan, and want to stay loyal to them badly. But I have driven a ford lately....
Have you been able to find out which sensor? I just bought an 07 yesterday and had to be towed to the lot today! I hit a railroad track and the vehicle shut down after it saying something about the stabiltrack was off. Very frustrated. Just may return vehicle.
Mike

New London, MN

#12 Aug 2, 2009
here ias a good ione last week I was driving down the interstaet I44 in OKC and all my side airbags deployed for no reason, they say they have no idea why! GM says they are going to replace them, they should! it was quite an experience!
bill

Southfield, MI

#13 Aug 20, 2009
I have a 2009 acadia. It has a humming noise in the engine. It has been in 4 times for this. They put a new program chip in for this it did not solve it. I have to have my radio on so I can not hear it. Now the engineers are suspose to be looking into this. I may look into the lemon law
Chris

Chino Hills, CA

#14 Sep 19, 2009
I have a 2007 Accadia, and I am having A/C issues. If the car sits in the sun for a couple of hours, it takes the A/C about 30 minutes to blow cold air. Any solutions?
Lori-Ann

Canada

#15 Sep 25, 2009
Our Stabilitrak, Service Traction Light kept coming on. After a month we finally took it into a dealership. They said it was a spark plug misfire so they replaced that spark plug and I paid for a fuel injection flush. The next day the ligth came on again. After 3 days while sitting at a light it came on again and the whole engine shimmied. So when we took it back they ended up replacing the whole engine. What is happening is that the trucks are running lean on fuel to help get the kilometers out of it and its burning out the exhaust valves. We love our truck and want to keep it but we feel it will happen again.
TLMAC

Vero Beach, FL

#16 Sep 29, 2009
I have a 2008 GMC Acadia with 32000 miles. Bought in new in sept. 2007. I am currenlty on day 4 of a rental car. The transmission is slipped and they had to "recalibrate the brain" along with finding a torn boot and a leak in the drive train area and today they called and a wheel sensor is bad?? Also my MPG sucks and due to the "overhaul of the engine" they said I will average 9-11 mpg around town! My lease cannot end soon enough - and they aren't happy about fixing it here as my dealership was absobed so it's not even where I bought it. Think these trucks are lemons and I am looking into Lexus for their reliability. Also had to have other engine work done at 10000 miles as the engine cover was made to short and if you hit a puddle (I live in FLA) the powersteering would shut down and you would almost crash!!!
Good luck to you all.
I feel your pain

Wilmington, DE

#17 Oct 7, 2009
I have had the same problem with my 09 SLT1 AWD. The dealer tells me that they reprogarm the computer and it was fix. Of course when I drove home the services stabilitrack; traction control warning light went off again. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
frustrated wrote:
I feel your pain

Wilmington, DE

#18 Oct 7, 2009
I have had the same problem with my 09 SLT1 AWD. The dealer tells me that they reprogarm the computer and it was fix. Of course when I drove home the services stabilitrack; traction control warning light went off again. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
haileebabe

South San Francisco, CA

#19 Oct 12, 2009
Okay, I've loved my Acadia from day one; however, the "whining" sound coming from the power steering is driving me NUTS! I have not experienced the loss of steering, yet, that most of you have posted. I've had the numerous amount of recalls fixed. I've gone through the leaking sunroofs; leaking overhead lights, and the leaking of the doors. I'm naive when it comes to the Lemon Law and I'm very nervous about driving my baby after reading all of the negative posts.
confused in Ark

Emerson, AR

#20 Oct 14, 2009
I have a 08 and the rear windshield wiper will not turn off and when I start it each time the brake is engaged and the display is changed. I did notice that the battery gage show it charging at a high rate. any suggestions?
Disappointed

United States

#21 Oct 15, 2009
I have a 2007 Acadia and I'm scared to even drive it in the rain. The power steering cuts out completely and last time I almost ran into a Cop car.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 24
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

BMW 740i Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MartinC (Jun '15) Jun '15 MartinC 1
mpg (Mar '14) Mar '14 Joe 1
sudden rattle in front of the engine (Aug '13) Aug '13 Theo 1
News Darell Shaw of Reliable Crane backs a 2008 BMW 740 (Jan '13) Jan '13 Graham 1
740i Radio (Jun '12) Jun '12 jebullar 1
Engine does not crank (May '11) May '11 Pefito 1
98 740i life expectancy (Aug '10) Aug '10 vickiathome 1
More from around the web