Ricart to sell Hyundai luxury car | T...

Ricart to sell Hyundai luxury car | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 26 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Sep 11, 2010, titled Ricart to sell Hyundai luxury car | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Ricart Automotive is adding Hyundai's luxury models to its lineup of vehicles this fall.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dirk

Portsmouth, OH

#1 Sep 11, 2010
LMAO @ Hyundai, worst cars ever.
TooLate

Ashville, OH

#2 Sep 11, 2010
Please support the Korean economy and buy one of these cars.
Marshall Tucker

Gaithersburg, MD

#3 Sep 11, 2010
Is this front page news or a free promo for a local Hyundai dealership ?
TooLate

Ashville, OH

#5 Sep 11, 2010
Why pay 50 grand for one, it will be worth 6 grand in 6 months.
Chung Lee

Cleveland, OH

#6 Sep 11, 2010
Chung Lee think this just another wanna be snob car. Just like Toyota Lexus, Nissan Infinity and Honda Acura. Overprice crap that yuppie and wanna be snob think make them look successful. Chung Lee don't know if Hyundai yet have enough snob appeal for this appliance to be next yuppie car.
Wang Chung

Eustis, FL

#8 Sep 11, 2010
Sign me up for 2 of them
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#9 Sep 11, 2010
Chung Lee wrote:
Chung Lee think this just another wanna be snob car. Just like Toyota Lexus, Nissan Infinity and Honda Acura. Overprice crap that yuppie and wanna be snob think make them look successful. Chung Lee don't know if Hyundai yet have enough snob appeal for this appliance to be next yuppie car.
Chung Lee wrong. Acura/Lexus/Infinity provide more content, are more quiet and generally provide more refinement than their Honda/Toyota/Nissan cousins. It's like anything else in life - you get what you pay for.
Mr know it all

Columbus, OH

#10 Sep 11, 2010
Hyundai may not be the WORSE car on the market, oh wait, Daewoo is no longer producing cars, so yes Hyundai/Kia is the worst automotive industry in the market. From the constant repairs, horrible resale value, to the unsafe pop can like ride, I wouldnt drive one if it was free, let alone pay over $50,000 for one.

As someone who has worked in the automotive industry for over 15 years, I would only suggest a Honda, Toyota or a Nissan, even the big three Chevy, Ford, and Chrysler are actually built over seas and not worth what they used to be. At least these "Jap cars" are actually built in the US, and support the American economy, and are far more realible than any others out there.
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#11 Sep 11, 2010
Mr know it all wrote:
Hyundai may not be the WORSE car on the market, oh wait, Daewoo is no longer producing cars, so yes Hyundai/Kia is the worst automotive industry in the market. From the constant repairs, horrible resale value, to the unsafe pop can like ride, I wouldnt drive one if it was free, let alone pay over $50,000 for one.
As someone who has worked in the automotive industry for over 15 years, I would only suggest a Honda, Toyota or a Nissan, even the big three Chevy, Ford, and Chrysler are actually built over seas and not worth what they used to be. At least these "Jap cars" are actually built in the US, and support the American economy, and are far more realible than any others out there.
Honda/Toyota, absolutely correct. The gold standard in vehicles.

Nissans, however, are third-tier Renault products. They are the Chryslers of Japmobiles and Mitsubishis might be about as bad as Hyundais are.
car guy

Columbus, OH

#12 Sep 11, 2010
I have owned Subes; numerous Hondas; a Nissan; an Infiniti (correctly spelled BTW); and assorted other imports. I tried buying a Toyota (the salesman never called me back) and tried buying a Lexus (they wouldn't discount). The thought of owning a Hoon-die or Kia never crossed my mind. You want to know why? I see too many of them getting hooked up/towed in the break down lane!! And I have never purchased from Ricart because they do NOT support a wide variety of local organizations that are located in Central Ohio. Groveport's sports complexes do no benefit a large # of people in need!!!
something to think about

United States

#13 Sep 11, 2010
How many Hyundai's are driven across country each summer on family
vacations?

Nobody knows..never been done...all end up in shop after 600 miles.
Dublin Diva

Columbus, OH

#14 Sep 11, 2010
Luxury Hyundai
Jumbo shrimp
Government assistance
Microsoft works
Military intelligence
Original copies
Larger half

That about summarizes it.
Assume the position

Roy, WA

#15 Sep 11, 2010
More:

Smart bimbo's
Non-materialistic women
Trustworthy women
Love-me-for-who-I-am-women

The above are all fantasies of our imaginations.
Dublin Diva wrote:
Luxury Hyundai
Jumbo shrimp
Government assistance
Microsoft works
Military intelligence
Original copies
Larger half
That about summarizes it.
devaj

United States

#16 Sep 11, 2010
African Americans everywhere can now breathe easier ...
devaj

United States

#17 Sep 11, 2010
Chung Lee wrote:
haha

"And will Hyundai cross the "Cressida Line" where the brand is as prestigious as Toyota and Honda ?"

I find the ultimate nuveau riche "Poser Car" to be the Land Rover. Like they can't afford the Range Rover, so they get the Land Rover thinking it comes anywhere close.
TooLate

Ashville, OH

#18 Sep 11, 2010
You can pick up your dog meat from the Korean market in style.
CeeCeeRyder

Reynoldsburg, OH

#19 Sep 11, 2010
There are 75 eligible lease candidates in Da Hood?
sobroke

Columbus, OH

#20 Sep 11, 2010
It is difficult either Ricart or Hyundi selling $60,000 cars in this economy. I was thinking that $22,000 was over the top for a car and was hoping that new cars would fall below $10,000 in this awful recession!
sobroke

Columbus, OH

#21 Sep 11, 2010
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Honda/Toyota, absolutely correct. The gold standard in vehicles.
Nissans, however, are third-tier Renault products. They are the Chryslers of Japmobiles and Mitsubishis might be about as bad as Hyundais are.
I don't know about Toyota, Bob. There is more trouble lurking in their shoddy, noisy electronics that will be coming out via massive recalls going forward indefinately.
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#22 Sep 11, 2010
sobroke wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about Toyota, Bob. There is more trouble lurking in their shoddy, noisy electronics that will be coming out via massive recalls going forward indefinately.
Wellll ... I've driven mostly Honda prodcuts, last one an '02 I am still driving. Since then, Honda's engine technology has fallen behind, their cars have gotten butt-ugly and their tranny problems are well-documented. I'll probably buy another Honda, though, because the entire package is still put together well and is among the best.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

BMW 740 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Darell Shaw of Reliable Crane backs a 2008 BMW 740 (Jan '13) Jan '13 Graham 1
BMW 740 User Comments & Complaints (Jun '09) Jun '09 Jason Nickolay 1
BMW 740 Service Bulletins by Year (Jun '09) Jun '09 Jason Nickolay 1
BMW 740 Recalls by Year (Jun '09) Jun '09 Jason Nickolay 1
missing pixel (Sep '08) Oct '08 John 2
i lobr yhid (Nov '07) Nov '07 hry 1
m62 engine (Feb '07) Apr '07 Rob norris 2
More from around the web