Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2007

Judged:

So I bought the first 335i coupe in St. Louis from Suntrup BMW in september. The first nite I had it, the rear main seal developed a large leak to say the least. That started the cascade of problems. Three days later I re-took ownership of my 335i. Mind you I just graduated from professional school and bought my first car. I was looking forward to enjoying my first big purchase as a professional. Within 3 weeks the infamous yellow transmission light came on!! So it went into the shop they told me it was fuel problems...yeah...ok. Needless to say for the past 7 months its been in and out of the show the latest for 28 days awaiting a high pressure pump! Got it back and within 3 days the problem developed again!!! Ive contacted national and they are working on the issue. I have had one lease payment paid by BMW but I feel that that is not enough. They told me that they dont know why my car is the only one. Well, in fact the 335i line IS shut down and the problem is being worked on. Obviously, BMW has a huge problem and we are all getting shafted.
mpizzo1

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2007

I bought the first 335i in Baton Rouge in October. I got the 4 door. I had an '06 4 runner, but when I test drove this hot new car I made an impulse buy. The waiting list breathing down my neck didn't help. I just so happened to know the salesguy really well. He is no longer there, and now I have a car that spends more time in the shop than not. My TRANSMISSION jerks from gear to gear, especially during take-off and when coming to a stop. It is embarassing, and startles me ever time. The 335i drives like a dream on the interstate, but I can't help but think it is just not suited for the city.
Scott

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2007

I had the same problem with my 335.You are the first owner that I found that experienced the same transmision issue. I took it in to have it checked. They kept it for a week. I didn't really notice a difference after they returned it.Then the fuel pump went out and my car has been in the shop now for over 7 weeks. I just recieved word today for BMW cust relations that I will get a full refund. The transmission problem was the deciding factor.(see other blog comments related to the 335 fuel pressure pump problem for more info.
mpizzo1 wrote:
I bought the first 335i in Baton Rouge in October. I got the 4 door. I had an '06 4 runner, but when I test drove this hot new car I made an impulse buy. The waiting list breathing down my neck didn't help. I just so happened to know the salesguy really well. He is no longer there, and now I have a car that spends more time in the shop than not. My TRANSMISSION jerks from gear to gear, especially during take-off and when coming to a stop. It is embarassing, and startles me ever time. The 335i drives like a dream on the interstate, but I can't help but think it is just not suited for the city.
sam

Olympia, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2007

Also having problems with the auto trans being jumpy and feeling like it is fishing around for the right gear. It is embarrassing. With all that torque it is causing the car to lurch unexpectedly. I did not have the problem with the demo I drove and bought my car without a test drive (it was still being offloaded from the truck and needed detailing). There are looking at it this weekend. Hope they are owning up to the problems and fixing them.
mpizzo1 wrote:
Bruce Scharf

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2007

My 335i does the same thing. The problem seems to be from 1st to 2nd and back again. The car lurches and jerks. Very difficult to get a smooth start.
Also, I find that it takes too much throttle to make the car downshift from 6th gear unless you are in Sport Mode. In Sport Mode it doesn't seem to want to upshift until over 4000 rpm even if you're not giving it throttle.
Brian

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

Have owned a 335i for about 6 months. Love the car except for the transmission. Lurches frequently in auto mode, but not paddle shift mode. Clearly something wrong. Have had it in the shop at least 6 times for this problem. BMW is offering to change the car or cover some lease payments. I may change to an 08 manual, as this is unacceptable. Also don't like the fact that I can't see the radio information when wearing sunglasses.
Anthony C

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2007

Brian wrote:
Have owned a 335i for about 6 months. Love the car except for the transmission. Lurches frequently in auto mode, but not paddle shift mode. Clearly something wrong. Have had it in the shop at least 6 times for this problem. BMW is offering to change the car or cover some lease payments. I may change to an 08 manual, as this is unacceptable. Also don't like the fact that I can't see the radio information when wearing sunglasses.
Hey Brian. My car has been in the shop for 10 days already awaiting a fuel pump (less than 800 miles) and ive owned it less than 3 weeks.. BMWNA keeps jerking me around. After seeing all the problems i dont even want the car anymore. If i told BMW to buy the car back since its so new (800 miles) do you think they would? Thanks.
Bruce Scharf

El Cajon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2007

My fuel pump hasn't failed yet, although perhaps the fuel pump IS in the process of failing. Perhaps it's pumping at uneven pressures. I brought it into the dealer and we took a test drive. The shop foreman agreed with me but the problem seemed to be intermittent. Somtetimes it does ship OK. He's asked me to bring it in tomorrrow for a complete Software update. Any guys have feedback on this?

Since: Sep 07

El Cajon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2007

Correction: "Sometimes it does ship OK."
Mispelled. Should read: "Sometime is does shift OK." The car lurches and jerks from 1st to 2nd gear and then back from 2nd to 1st.
David Frazier San Diego

El Cajon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2007

was idleing in a parking lot talking on the phone and the 'Engine Malfunction' light came on with a text message on the info center display reading 'engine malfunction, reduced power'. BMW said drive it home and bring it in to the dealer in the morning. Started the car this AM and as suspected, no warning light, nothing. Has anyone ever gotten better than 21 mpg? I have tried and not been successful? Tail light went out last week and the car is only 2 months old.....becoming disenchanted with my purchase in a hurry.

Since: Sep 07

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2007

21 mpg is the best i've gotten.
Steve

Paso Robles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2007

Brian wrote:
I got my 335i coupe in Dec '06. Same transmission issue! Mine also lurches when using the paddle shifters. Dealer downloaded a "software upgrade" that had no noticeable effect. When coming to a stop but not quite stopping all the way and applying minimal throttle, the car slams into first and snaps my head back. This is my wife's car so I don't experience the problem frequently enough to have developed a pattern, but this is our 6th BMW and there is definitely something wrong with this operation.
I will be printing out all these comments and have them in hand for my next rip to the dealer.
David Frazier

Poway, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2007

this may sound like an odd question, how do the inboard lights in the headlight cluster operate? I cant get mine to turn on? the adaptive lights work fine but the centers dont turn on...
tim

Mississauga, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

My 335i has been in the shop twice in 11 months to deal with the check engine light and resulting reduced engine power warning.. Engine powers down, however, on restart it goes away.. they replaced something when it was in the shop the first time, something with the vanos sensor/value.. now its in the shop again for the same problem and bmw national recommended the cylinder head be replaced....

my trany jerks from 1st to 2nd......with no resolution on this...they say its nothing.....i bet its a lot to worry about after warranty.
test

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

test
Mike V wrote:
So I bought the first 335i coupe in St. Louis from Suntrup BMW in september. The first nite I had it, the rear main seal developed a large leak to say the least. That started the cascade of problems. Three days later I re-took ownership of my 335i. Mind you I just graduated from professional school and bought my first car. I was looking forward to enjoying my first big purchase as a professional. Within 3 weeks the infamous yellow transmission light came on!! So it went into the shop they told me it was fuel problems...yeah...ok. Needless to say for the past 7 months its been in and out of the show the latest for 28 days awaiting a high pressure pump! Got it back and within 3 days the problem developed again!!! Ive contacted national and they are working on the issue. I have had one lease payment paid by BMW but I feel that that is not enough. They told me that they dont know why my car is the only one. Well, in fact the 335i line IS shut down and the problem is being worked on. Obviously, BMW has a huge problem and we are all getting shafted.
Nancy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2007

Judged:

I've owned my 335xi for 7 months. At 6200 miles the engine malfuntion and service engine lights came on and the car lost power. Also had problems starting and stalling. The fuel pump failed. However, my experience with the dealer (BMW, Darien- CT) was excellent. I dropped the car off on Monday and had it back on Tuesday
Brandon

Bellville, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2007

Hi everyone,

I've owned the M3 E46 SMG cabriolet, awesome trouble free car. My 2007 335i coupe on the other hand is another ball game altogether (I took delivery in October). Literally after taking delivery it displayed the orange light with the reading "Engine Fault Power Reduced". It seemed to be intermittent so I thought I would leave it and see what happend. But it got progressivley worse so I booked it in. The rear light bulb also blew soon after taking delivery and it also suffers from a jerky transmission when comming to a stop.

I sent it in on the 6th of December only to be told the "Vanos Sensor Valve" needed to be ordered from Germany and it will arrive by the 24 th of December at best, what a load of rubbish a fault of this nature on a new car. The dealership hasn't been very forthcomming and I've sent a letter to BMW South Africa and BMW International.
My new car has been sitting at the dealership for nearly three weeks and I probably wont get it back till next year. I don't want this car any longer and I've expressed this to BMW.

I've ordered the new V8 M3, to say I'm concerned about it's reliability is an understatemnt to say the least.

Very frustrated BMW customer.
Name

Bellville, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2008

335i coupe - 6 months old now.
I have lost count many times its been in for repairs - and how they are going to try just one more fix before they will considering replacing it.
So far its been all hot air and now I hate the car. I can't even sell it because of the issues.
Bear in mind most of this started from day 1 of getting the car and only some things are resolved.

Problems I have been having:

1: Automatic transmittion (Stop Jerk Issue)
I have had at least 4 software upgrades - no fix.
The fuel pump was replaced - still no fix.
Also the box sometimes gets stuck at high rpm and after the latest reprogram its doing things I can't discribe.
2: Car issued a brake worn warning - malfunction.
3: Onboard computer self reboots - a few times now.
4: Air-con never kept its settings - now its does mostly.
5:'Rest' button works when it feels like it.
6: Speaker has crackling noise when radio is off.
7: Seat key memory - works 1 in 5 times maybe.
8: Comfort access stops working - esp the boot.
9: GPS does circles when vehicle is stopped.
10: Odometer once read -65000km thats minus km.
11: Sunroof sometimes indicates antitrap warning - Which I just reset myself these days.
12: Power reduction after first reprogramming - its still like that (Almost 1 sec slower 0-100km/h)
13: There are a few more items but I can't remember them all at this moment.

Any ideas?
Brandon

Bellville, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

Well the plot thickens. I just got off the phone with Bruma BMW, Johannesburg, South Africa. The dealership I bought my 335i coupe from and I was advised by the general service manager that the part still has to be supplied by a "parts supplier" to BMW Germany and only then shipped to South Africa. But in December last year they advised me that the part would arrive in week 51 of 2007 in South Africa.

My car has been off the road since the 6th of December 2007 and it has only covered 15000km's. Now I'm told they cannot give me an estimated delivery time for the part?????????? They've given me a 330i as a loan car, but I wan't the same or better. I personally think BMW has a big problem on their hands here with the 335i.
Brandon

South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

An update, yesterday I received a call from BMW South Africa, I'm now driving a black 335i step tronic with sportpack PLUS I-Drive.

It's done 1 500km's (940 miles), I'm stoked to say the least. The part for my 335i coupe will arrive in Germany by the 14th of January so fingers crossed I'll get my car by end of January.

I'm so glad that they have taken me seriously, thanks Bruma Auto - the dealer principle - Matthew and BMW South Africa - Charl
If this carries on they might just have secured a customer for life :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of134
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the BMW 335i Forum right now

Search the BMW 335i Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
2008 bmw 335i - hifi amp water damaged - need help (Mar '12) Jun '14 Charlie 7
10 Year Warranty High Pressure Fuel Pump (Jun '09) May '14 BMW Owner 12
2007 335i Maintenance and Problems (Mar '08) Jan '14 amir 8
335i twin turbo engine blew up (Sep '07) Jan '14 blackbat 39
2011 335i Coupe X-drive - Will I have Issues? (Aug '13) Aug '13 Mike GB 2
335i uel pump failure (Jun '07) May '13 robb 36
limp mode on race track (Apr '13) Apr '13 Steve Smith 1
•••

Buy a New Car