How do I re-set my clock?

Posted in the BMW 325i Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Tina

Carlsbad, CA

#1 Nov 8, 2007
I have a 2002 325i and no user manual. Does anyone know how to change the clocks?
William Rivera

Ogden, UT

#2 Nov 20, 2007
Same request here. Does anyone know how to set the clock on a 2002 325ci? Thanks in advance!!
Grey

West Des Moines, IA

#3 Dec 12, 2007
Tina wrote:
I have a 2002 325i and no user manual. Does anyone know how to change the clocks?
Did you ever get an answer?
Matt

Glenside, PA

#4 Jan 6, 2008
Saw something how you can't do when outside temp below 37F
Matt

Glenside, PA

#5 Jan 6, 2008
Got it -- start the car. press the turn signal button in to change from miles/temp to time. You may have to press it a couple of times. When you have the clock displayed, turn the knob (the right hand one next to tach on the instrument cluster) towards the passenger window. This will change the time.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Craig

Sun City, AZ

#6 May 12, 2008
This is for if your clock display is ---- Turn the ignition key to the second position. You have two buttons on the instrument panel. Push the button on the left in until it displays "TEST"
Push the button on the right until it displays "2" Turn the key off, then on. You should have some time indicated on the display. Gently twist the button on the right clockwise or counter-clockwise to adjust the time. When the correct time is displayed push in that same button to set it. Turn the key on/off to check the time stays correct.
dustin

Santa Barbara, CA

#7 Dec 23, 2008
I feel like an idiot (had my display wrong for over a month after the time change). It's on page 68 of the user manual. Just turn the car on (position 1 or 2) and turn the dial on the right of the dash clockwise or counter-clockwise depending on the adjustment. Duh.
Keith

Fairburn, GA

#8 Jan 25, 2009
This was good information but, The time still want display. It stii set at --:--.
John

Gilroy, CA

#9 Nov 3, 2009
my instrument panel wont display the clock so i can reset it, how do i fix this?
Andy

United States

#10 Nov 10, 2009
Keith wrote:
This was good information but, The time still want display. It stii set at --:--.
Same here. Tried Craig's but after turning key back on still get --:-- and right hand knob doesnt seem to do anything to the time. If pressed it goes from test 2 to 2.0 so go figure. Time to visit dealer.
Andy

Pompano Beach, FL

#11 Nov 14, 2009
dustin wrote:
I feel like an idiot (had my display wrong for over a month after the time change). It's on page 68 of the user manual. Just turn the car on (position 1 or 2) and turn the dial on the right of the dash clockwise or counter-clockwise depending on the adjustment. Duh.
...making sure you turn it hard enough so that it clicks; only then I see the time change.
Sheldon Long Beach CA

Long Beach, CA

#12 Apr 15, 2010
2003 325I I Don't have a button on the turn signal lever to set any perameters. I don't have an owners manual.
Daniel

Hilmar, CA

#13 Jul 18, 2010
Turn it to position 2 push in the left knob until it says "test." Release the left knob and press the right knob until it says 1.0. You may release it and use that same right knob to adjust the time by twisting it left or right. Give it a good turn left or right. When you reach the desired time. Push in the right knob. Now you can turn off the car and then turn it on(at any position) and the time should still be there. This worked for me when it was stuck at --:--
danny nguyen

Oakland, CA

#14 Jul 21, 2010
don't listen to anyone else, the one Daniel said it easy and i can do it right away..Thanks Daniel that is very easy to understand, other one too much detail ....read from Daniel am very all you guy can do it...
Todd

Phoenix, AZ

#15 Oct 25, 2010
Tina wrote:
make sure the instrument display is on the clock and then using the left "stick" on the instrument panel "twist" left and right til you get the time
fred stallings

Augusta, GA

#16 Feb 20, 2011
Tina wrote:
Lynda

San Antonio, TX

#17 Mar 16, 2011
I have a 2006 325i and I need to re set my clock due to the time change...how do I do this??
Ulisses Palafox

United States

#18 Mar 17, 2011
I tried all of the above and nothing.. any new ideas?
Lynne

Vancouver, Canada

#19 Mar 25, 2011
I have a BMW 2003 325ci. This is how the time is changed on it.
On the turn signal - left hand side of the steering wheel, push in the button that says BC, and keep pushing until the place for the time appears.
Holding that in keep turning the little black button on the right hand side of the speedometer until the correct time appears. Then push this black button end to set the time. If you don't push it in, the time will disappear again when you shut the car off..

Yes, I know, the instruction manual is clear as mud for this problem.
something must have got lost in translation when the manual was put together.
dawna

Bristol, NH

#20 Mar 26, 2011
Matt wrote:
Got it -- start the car. press the turn signal button in to change from miles/temp to time. You may have to press it a couple of times. When you have the clock displayed, turn the knob (the right hand one next to tach on the instrument cluster) towards the passenger window. This will change the time.
Thanks. Perfect instructions!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

BMW 325i Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
1985 BMW 325i e30 Dec '17 Eli Brubacher 1
replaced front brake pads now brakes go to the ... Dec '17 Danimal 1
Key fob lights wont turn off in car (Jan '17) Sep '17 Hawnmariner 2
1985 BMW 325i missing a fuel cell (Feb '17) Feb '17 325murdered 1
Ignition periodically won't start (Nov '16) Nov '16 Hawnmariner 1
325 ride height (Nov '16) Nov '16 armadillo01 1
I jumped the car and put the cables reverse, on... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Kiko 1
More from around the web