BMW 325i not starting
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Vibhav

United States

#1 Sep 11, 2006
Hi, Sometimes in the morning when I try to satrt my car, the keys would not turn at all. I will be unable to press the brakes or move the steering. After playing around with these components for some time, i am able to start pretty well. But can you tell me why this situation would occur?

Thanks,
Vibhav
sonia

San Jose, CA

#2 Mar 22, 2007
what should i do if my bmw 545 wont start it is making a clicking noise and the headlights keep flashing every time i try to turn it on..
Vijay

Walnut Creek, CA

#3 Apr 6, 2007
sonia wrote:
what should i do if my bmw 545 wont start it is making a clicking noise and the headlights keep flashing every time i try to turn it on..
I am having the exact same problem when i start my 330ci today. Can someone pls. help
Braz

Ottawa, Canada

#4 Apr 20, 2007
i have a 325xi and i am getting the smae problem, any idea?
jew

Edmond, OK

#5 Apr 27, 2007
To the original poster, this is something that happens to most cars. You may want to try this. Press on the brake as hard as you can and vibrate the wheel from left to right as hard as possible. Even though it doesn't move you should be able to give it a little tug.
Same problem -clicking

Flushing, NY

#6 Aug 16, 2008
I checked the battery indicator in the trunk and it is green, meaning that it is fully charged. I attempted to clean the terminals and even tried pressing the gas, as someone previously mentioned and nothing. I am wondering if vibrating the wheel from left to right worked for any of you?
The clicking and the flashing continues. I don't want to mess up the internal computer..
Helllppppppp
Andrew

United States

#7 Oct 28, 2008
Braz wrote:
i have a 325xi and i am getting the smae problem, any idea?
I own a BMW 325i myself and id say to most of you who still have power, yet the car isnt starting; that your starter is burnt out or you may need a new battery.
hope yalls have good warranties!
Mike

Li├Ęge, Belgium

#8 Nov 2, 2008
Battery might not be empty but still not having enough power to start up. For the wheel if its blocked you wont be able to start at all. You will need to unblock it first.
Joel

Hartford, CT

#9 Mar 27, 2010
Hey, I have the same problem and I suspect that it might be cause by the level of battery that your key has. I switched to the spare and it worked the first time.
Osvaldo

Canton, IL

#10 Dec 20, 2010
I have a BMW 325i 1993 and it crack but start like is missing gas. I need to know how to know if the fuel pump is working and where is the fuel pump relay. The car has a print that tell me what are the fuses but not the relays.
Carl

Carrying Place, Canada

#11 Jul 16, 2011
I have a 2003 325i and when I turn the key it just wont even start or Makes two clicks and thats it.
Vishan P

South Africa

#12 Sep 22, 2011
I have a e36 bmw 1992 not starting although my battery has enough power. what should i do. where is the fuel pump situated and relay. someone suggested i find the pump and tap it while on ignition - would this work or does anybody have any suggestions???
HELP !! would be so very much appreciated !
Vishan P

South Africa

#13 Sep 22, 2011
bmw e36 325i not starting. this happens usually if its parked for a long period of time. it would normally take three swings then start. more recently it took a lot more swings and started. now its not starting.
Kelly

United States

#14 Nov 27, 2011
Carl wrote:
I have a 2003 325i and when I turn the key it just wont even start or Makes two clicks and thats it.
Did you ever find out what was wrong? My car does the same thing and a mechanic wants 90$ to look at it. Any help would be appreciated.
Please email me at [email protected]
Kelly

United States

#15 Nov 27, 2011
Its a 97 540i. First day it made the clicking sound, I jumped it and it worked. Now for the last week it wont make a sound when I turn it over. I even got a new battery. Help
Arron

Denton, TX

#16 Nov 28, 2011
I have a 2002 325i and tonight when I went to start the car it wouldn't start. The head lights flashed and all I heard was a clicking sound, the radio and everything else turned on just not the car. HELP please!!! I'm not car savvy at all and don't know how to go about fixing this problem. if someone could please email me at [email protected]
thanks
info_bmwallparts dot com

Binbrook, Canada

#17 Apr 29, 2012
These cars have this issue. The problem is the steering lock and the automatic transmission park release. To free the ignition key - press the shifter forward with some force - this will strike the sensor that tells the computer the car is indeed in park and release the ignition key lock. To release the steering - strike the shifter in the same manor to release the ignition lock. turn the key to the on position - gently moving the steering wheel from left to right maybe required- once free. Either start the car or shut down. If the steering locks after you remove the key - you may have to repeat. To correct. Remove the shifter cover - locate the shifter position sensor and adjust so it engages as soon as the car in in park position. I suggest a qualified mechanic do this for you who has BMW experience. Good luck.
sujay

South Africa

#18 Dec 31, 2012
I have a 2008 bmw 325i. It doesn't start. I fited on a new battery but something keeps draining the battery overnight. When I boost it and drive during day it starts fine, but next morning it doesn't want to start again. Battery was tested and its fine. So what could be the problem
Syed

Hengoed, UK

#19 Feb 13, 2013
Vibhav wrote:
Hi, Sometimes in the morning when I try to satrt my car, the keys would not turn at all. I will be unable to press the brakes or move the steering. After playing around with these components for some time, i am able to start pretty well. But can you tell me why this situation would occur?
Thanks,
Vibhav
Battery
Syed

Hengoed, UK

#20 Feb 13, 2013
Having problems with my bmw 325 it's trying to start makes nose but DOESENT start I changed crank sensor stil no joy and cam shaft sensor for the exhaust stil no luk computer has been plugged in but says lamdor sensors but that's nothing to do with starting. Plz help if u hav any suggestions or email me [email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

BMW 325 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BMW E46 325i problems starting in the morning o... (Mar '12) Jul 3 prince 66
bmw 3 series e43 2005 convertible (Jan '16) Jan '16 emmah1979 1
BMW 325 Headlight & Fog Light Bulb Replacement ... (Jul '11) Dec '15 Jamestheduke21 3
BMW 3 Series sport - post service problems (Nov '15) Nov '15 nikyonline 1
Brake Light (Nov '09) Oct '15 Bemerman 2
Help my car will not turn over (Sep '14) Oct '15 Bemerman 2
Help Me Plz Bimmer Gods! (May '15) Oct '15 Bemerman 2
More from around the web