Full Test: 2008 Mercedes-Benz C350 Sport

Jun 28, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Edmunds.com News

What Works: Noticeably improved steering; intuitive infotainment controller; multimedia package rates with industry's best. via Edmunds.com News

Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Aug 21, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Xenshue

Aptos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2007

Me have mercedes. Me love this car. Me have a C 190. I have maintained it because I have the money and the parts that I need, Mercedes 190 C-class parts. Yes that is it. I only changed the starter for some reasons.. BECAUSE IT IS BROKEN!!!! and lastly, I added a Mercedes muffler. Better noise, makes me look young.

http://www.auto-parts-wholesale.com/mercedes-...
http://www.auto-parts-wholesale.com/mercedes-...
http://www.auto-parts-wholesale.com/mm/merced...
anthony

Pasig, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2007

Mercedes Benz really give a comfortable ride and parts were made from finest quality materials. its really true that sometimes we have a worn out parts that needs replacement. i've been searching for Mercedes Benz AC condenser, i've been to ebay, i have not found the parts im wanting, luckily i have found this site http://www.eurobzparts.com/mercedes-benz-ac-c...
- this is the parts im looking for my replacement.
ANTHONY RAMSAY

Jackson Heights, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2007

THE WORLD'S GREATEST CAR MANUFACTURER.
george

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2007

I currently drive a 2006 C-230 sport sedan, and although it's not a bad car, it's a bit of a dog when it comes to horsepower. I've been stradling the fence whether to trade mine in on a 2008 C-Class, or The BMW 335. It appears that Mercedes does'nt bother with market research. Why on earth would they launch the new c-class with a maximum hp offering of only 268hp? No wonder BMW is kicking their ass in the sports sedan catagory. Although it doesn't surprise me altogether... This is the same company that conceived the R-Class.

If the vew "C" is such an all important car to this company, one would think that they would use better judgement.

Mercedes Benz just lost another customer.
Steven

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2007

BMW lost me as a customer after 2 cars. I bought a 2006 330i with the latest engine only to be replaced in a year by the turbo engine. I waisted my money: never again will I believe all the hype with BMW. The run flat tires are worthless for most of the North American market. As for autobahn driving, even FIATS and Renaults are screaming down the roads! BMW is way over hyped and way over engineered for what they can ever be used for. So, I will but a C class and hope some fool buys my 330i.
kurt

Pasig, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

I currently own a Mercedes E240 Elegance saloon, 2001 model (Y reg), and it has started giving me trouble. New steering rack needed (expensive about 1300 just for parts from a Merc dealer!)
My question is, I need some honest feedback on the reliability of the E240 Model of 2001. If I pay the required costs for a new steering rack, and I throwing away good money on a car that is likely to have more problems soon?
I have some rust (second time of looking, as it has been touched up under warranty about a year ago) which I am told by the dealer will be repaired after September. However, do I sell the car now, or do I stick with it and hope nothing else happens to it to cost money to repair?
I have done 65k miles since new and it was first registered July 2001.
Any advice/experience?
Reply With Quote..check this site for [url=http://www.speedyperforma nceparts.com/mercedes_benz-par ts.html]mercedes benz performance parts[/url]
ANTHONY RAMSAY

Jackson Heights, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2007

THE NEW C CLASS IS A VERY NICE CAR......IT HAS SHOWN GREAT IMPROVEMENT.
john de Leon

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2007

I've owned a Benz before (300se) and had very good luck with it until I had to trade it in. I just leased a 2008 c350 sport and I have to say that it is just horrible. Mercedes should be ashamed of this car. Ride is rough (like those cheap cars that are lowered by kids by chopping off the springs or adding lowering bars). The car feels like it is losing traction when you go over 70mph on the freeway. Transmission down-shifts roughly even at C (comfort) mode. The only positive about it is the exterior. It looks nice. EVERYONE SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM THIS CAR SO MERCEDES CAN GET THE MESSAGE AND BUILD SUPERIOR CARS AGAIN!!!!
Sean

Buellton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2007

john de Leon wrote:
I've owned a Benz before (300se) and had very good luck with it until I had to trade it in. I just leased a 2008 c350 sport and I have to say that it is just horrible. Mercedes should be ashamed of this car. Ride is rough (like those cheap cars that are lowered by kids by chopping off the springs or adding lowering bars). The car feels like it is losing traction when you go over 70mph on the freeway. Transmission down-shifts roughly even at C (comfort) mode. The only positive about it is the exterior. It looks nice. EVERYONE SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM THIS CAR SO MERCEDES CAN GET THE MESSAGE AND BUILD SUPERIOR CARS AGAIN!!!!
yo is this john de leon from Bonita High School??
Da1-me

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2007

I flat out bought my C300 sport fully loaded w/AMG rims. And I must say it is the best damn vehicle on the road. My first car was a c230 Kompressor. Loved it. My second car was a C230 sport (203). Loved it. My new car (204) puts the previous two to shame. They finally got it right with this one. Who cares if only has 228 hp. The get up is redic, it looks cool, and the lay out is luxurious in its simplicity. All these dorks bitch and moan about the simple aspects of the car. I have this to say to ya'll: If you want luxury man up and drop an extra 20-30 grand and get a real luxury car. Hence entry-level. Get in where you fit in!
joe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2007

just test drove a c300 sport. the exterior of this car is amazing it just looks like a mean car i toatally fell in love with it. i was thinking to myself this is the car i want then i test drove it. very very disappointing. first off the c300 is underpowered for this car. the acceleration was slow and the automatic tranny shits at very low rpm and you can literally feel every gear change. also this car is no bmw 3 series around a corner let me tell you. i felt really unsafe taking a corner at 40; the salesman said to take the corner fast and i thought i was gonna lose control of the car; when i test drove the 3 series i took a steeper corner at slightly higher speed and had total control of the car and felt safe.
the exterior is much sleeker than a 3 series but the driving performance pales in comparison to a 3 series. also mercedes really did a poor job designing the interior- it is all plastic and looks very very cheap. when you get into the car you would think its a honda accord. i always felt the 3 series had a bland interior but it is in fact far superior to the new c class.
glad i test drove the car i really like the exterior but i cant see myself owning this car, i will spend the exterior money and pay the ridiculos price for a premium package for the 3 series the rid is far superior and you know they are a reliable car.
Jason

Chapel Hill, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2007

Da1-me wrote:
I flat out bought my C300 sport fully loaded w/AMG rims. And I must say it is the best damn vehicle on the road. My first car was a c230 Kompressor. Loved it. My second car was a C230 sport (203). Loved it. My new car (204) puts the previous two to shame. They finally got it right with this one. Who cares if only has 228 hp. The get up is redic, it looks cool, and the lay out is luxurious in its simplicity. All these dorks bitch and moan about the simple aspects of the car. I have this to say to ya'll: If you want luxury man up and drop an extra 20-30 grand and get a real luxury car. Hence entry-level. Get in where you fit in!
Is it true that the new c300/350 can not be discounted?
Jason

Chapel Hill, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2007

Is it true Mercedes can not discount the 2008 C300/350? I am in the market to buy one but I am being to they are in such high demand that they can't discount for me? Is this true?
Hamid

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2007

I am in market to buy a C350 sport fully loaded w/AMG rims. Does anyone have feedback
mike haliday

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2007

I have been looking as well and yes , it appears they are not being discounted to any degree. By going throught he COSTCO buying program I got the local dealer to say they will sell it for $1500 over invoice. But when all is said and done that looks like about a $1000 savings off of MSRP.
Invoice as listed on website apparently does not include other charges the DEaler is including in THEIR version of "invoice".(advertisi ng fees?)
In the end if you can sell a product for full price, why discount and I thin they are selling. Maybe a different story in 5-6 months.
Hamid wrote:
I am in market to buy a C350 sport fully loaded w/AMG rims. Does anyone have feedback
Sean_in_Louisian a

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2007

You just have to play a little hardball with the dealers. I was able to get my 2008 C350 for $750 over invoice and I only had to pay half of the $1000 deposit they wanted to reserve a manufacturing slot for me.
mike haliday wrote:
I have been looking as well and yes , it appears they are not being discounted to any degree. By going throught he COSTCO buying program I got the local dealer to say they will sell it for $1500 over invoice. But when all is said and done that looks like about a $1000 savings off of MSRP.
Invoice as listed on website apparently does not include other charges the DEaler is including in THEIR version of "invoice".(advertisi ng fees?)
In the end if you can sell a product for full price, why discount and I thin they are selling. Maybe a different story in 5-6 months.
<quoted text>
heather

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

PRICE
It seems as though for a fully loaded C350 sport with all the bells and whistles, I should just wait for the new E to come out and get one of those (which I currently have, love and pay $600 a month for on a leased 07).
Input regarding price?
angle

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2008

i just bought a 81 380 sl coupe roadster 63,000 mile and i would not trade it for any thing
Rick- VA Beach

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2008

My 2008 C350 clocked 6.14 0-60 on the track, less than a half a second behind than my friend's 2007 335i (clocked 5.82 0-60), yet way more comfortable and loaded with the PI, PII and PIII premium NAV, Sound, Bi-Xenon Headlights,etc. After driving them both I prefer the C350 over the 335i for every day driving by far! Plus it is better looking (VA Beach girls vouched for that!!!)
Richard

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2008

I just bought a 2008 C350 sport and it is awesome. My other car is a BMW M3 and I would rather drive the Mercedes most of the time. Although it does not have the agressive power the M3 has.....it is technologically advanced beyond it's time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent BMW 3 Series Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2008 Mercedes-Benz C300 (Sep '07) Aug 12 Gary 72
BMW gets scooped on new 3 Series GT model (Feb '13) Jan '14 BMW X6 M Auto Repair 3
2014 Chrysler 300S defines full size luxury per... (Jan '14) Jan '14 gap 1
Automakers report US sales up in March for best... (Apr '13) Jun '13 RelicsOnTheShelf 3
BMW Regains Sales Lead From Audi as Mercedes Fa... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Bappa 1
Luxury German Automaker Standardizes Another 20... (Dec '09) Mar '13 Suresh goswami 3
New entry-luxury cars aim at BMW 3-series (Feb '12) Feb '13 e47m3 e60m5 2

Search the BMW 3 Series Forum:

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••