Fresh cookies and a new car

If you build the uberdealership, will people come - and buy $70,000 cars? That's the question as what's believed to be the Twin Cities' largest car dealership, at 223,000 square feet and four floors of indoor showrooms, opened this week. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Buy American

Saint Paul, MN

#24 Jan 15, 2010
BMWs have expensive parts and heaven help you if you need any major work done. This is where American cars are better. You would be better off with a Chevy Impala than some BMW. Those of you stating BMW are ultimate driving machines should look what county you are driving in! MN has bad road. Germans are nuts maintaining the Autobahn and you can drive as fast as you want on parts of them. You can buy a used older BMW for cheap, just like you can here but again parts are expensive!
UffDahh

Minneapolis, MN

#25 Jan 15, 2010
Dang, from the headline, I thought Denny was back in business...
MN IsNoGermany

Saint Paul, MN

#26 Jan 15, 2010
Do you know in Germany you can get into a Mercedes Benz taxi with leather seats?? Oh and they have better roads there because they use less salt!
MN IsNoGermany

Saint Paul, MN

#27 Jan 15, 2010
They also drive their cars up on six inch curbs and leave the turn signal on so you will not hit the car! Ever try that in MN??
merle

Albuquerque, NM

#28 Jan 15, 2010
and it sure as hell better not be sweden either.
abc

Saint Paul, MN

#29 Jan 15, 2010
Germany--the people do not break the law. They keep their houses and yard neat and clean. They have the highest average IQ in the world.

I'm so glad that we no import everyone BUT Germans into the US. You can see by our recent track record how that is working out for us.
German-American

Saint Paul, MN

#30 Jan 15, 2010
Germans discovered nuclear energy
German scientists put men on the moon
Germans invented the freeway
Germans do not break the law, they are the best machinists and engineer in the world.
Germans taught the world about precision and accuracy.
The US is flooding the world with sh*tpeople who spread their ignorance and crime like cancer
Germany is the future, the US is done.

“Great place to live”

Since: Jan 09

Grand Rapids, MN

#31 Jan 15, 2010
I'v had thirty five cars in my life. I always wanted a BMW. Finally bougght an X-5. I can't describe how unhappy I am with this car, and esoecially the service. The stereo sounds great but can't pick up stations I rountinely have received in all other cars. The dealer has said a variety of excuses but has done nothing to help me. Examples are "it is better reception than required", after the third time I drove from Grand Rapids to Moterwerks, the service guy said, "only about 5% of our buyers listen to AM radio anyways".
Writing to BMW does no good at all. I also had them install a trailer for over 500 dollars after I was told I could damage the computer If I tried it myself. Only problem I went to hook up a trailer and it didn't work. Had to change plans and again complained to both the dealer and BMW in NJ. The person that called from BWM in NJ Had no clue about cars or BMW's in particular and blew me off. The dealer did fix their mistake at no cost to me except for a changed vacation and another 380 mile trip from Grand Rapids and a lost day of work. I'll never buy another BMW. I work hard and I'll stick to Mercedes, Hondas, and Toyotas. And I love to tell this story to as many people as I can.
IMPEACH-HIM

Falcon, NC

#32 Jan 16, 2010
Marko wrote:
<quoted text>
The go buy your cheaply made cars...nobody cares.
Look here dumb dumb...I said nothing about cheaply made cars...It is the fluff when you buy, do you understand YOU pay for the fancy smoke and mirrors (THE FANCY DEALER FACILITY) Grow-up and read before your little nose pickin' fingers go off on a stupid answer!
AMA

Saint Paul, MN

#33 Jan 16, 2010
BMW--supplying glitzy cars to immature, insecure, conceited idiots for 100 years!

Hey, that car might make you a better person, probably not though!
Buy Chevys

Saint Paul, MN

#34 Jan 16, 2010
Buy a Chevy Impala!

Since: Feb 08

Baldwin City, KS

#35 Jan 16, 2010
TiVo Girl wrote:
It's a car, people. A machine that deteriorates in both function and value with age. They are NOT an investment.
Like a wife?

DISCLAIMER: JUST A JOKE (substitute "husband" if you wish)

Since: Jan 09

Minneapolis, MN

#36 Jan 16, 2010
abc wrote:
Whats the difference between a BMW and a Porcupine?
wait..........
With a Porcupine the pricks are on the outside!!!
You mean like those (comment #10) who DON'T drive BMW's? Yeah, seen a lot that from non-BMW driver's when I drive my BMW.
IMASIMPLETON

Saint Paul, MN

#37 Jan 16, 2010
Emerson Boozer Guy wrote:
I'v had thirty five cars in my life. I always wanted a BMW. Finally bougght an X-5. I can't describe how unhappy I am with this car, and esoecially the service. The stereo sounds great but can't pick up stations I rountinely have received in all other cars. The dealer has said a variety of excuses but has done nothing to help me. Examples are "it is better reception than required", after the third time I drove from Grand Rapids to Moterwerks, the service guy said, "only about 5% of our buyers listen to AM radio anyways".
Writing to BMW does no good at all. I also had them install a trailer for over 500 dollars after I was told I could damage the computer If I tried it myself. Only problem I went to hook up a trailer and it didn't work. Had to change plans and again complained to both the dealer and BMW in NJ. The person that called from BWM in NJ Had no clue about cars or BMW's in particular and blew me off. The dealer did fix their mistake at no cost to me except for a changed vacation and another 380 mile trip from Grand Rapids and a lost day of work. I'll never buy another BMW. I work hard and I'll stick to Mercedes, Hondas, and Toyotas. And I love to tell this story to as many people as I can.
Bad AM radio reception in Northern MN and a trailer hitch? Pretty harsh stuff.
John in Maple Grove

Plymouth, MN

#38 Jan 18, 2010
The margin on a BMW must be HUGE.
John in Maple Grove

Plymouth, MN

#39 Jan 18, 2010
German-American wrote:
Germans discovered nuclear energy
German scientists put men on the moon
Germans invented the freeway
Germans do not break the law, they are the best machinists and engineer in the world.
Germans taught the world about precision and accuracy.
The US is flooding the world with sh*tpeople who spread their ignorance and crime like cancer
Germany is the future, the US is done.
Yes, German-American Guy, the Germans truly are the master race.[/sarcasm]
The American Lesion

Scotts Valley, CA

#40 Jan 18, 2010
German-American guy is right you know, facts are facts...
tax broke

Minneapolis, MN

#41 Jan 25, 2010
Emerson Boozer Guy wrote:
You should have called & complained to the radio station about a poor signal (I didn't know AM radio still existed!!). Normally when I get things like trailer wiring installed, I like to try it out once when I first get it done. I never like to wait till the second I need it, and than find out it don't work......sounds like poor planning to me. By the way....I don't own a BMW either!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

BMW 3 Series Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2008 Mercedes-Benz C300 (Sep '07) Aug '14 Gary 72
BMW gets scooped on new 3 Series GT model (Feb '13) Jan '14 BMW X6 M Auto Repair 3
2014 Chrysler 300S defines full size luxury per... (Jan '14) Jan '14 gap 1
Automakers report US sales up in March for best... (Apr '13) Jun '13 RelicsOnTheShelf 3
BMW Regains Sales Lead From Audi as Mercedes Fa... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Bappa 1
Luxury German Automaker Standardizes Another 20... (Dec '09) Mar '13 Suresh goswami 3
New entry-luxury cars aim at BMW 3-series (Feb '12) Feb '13 e47m3 e60m5 2
More from around the web