Fresh cookies and a new car

Fresh cookies and a new car

There are 38 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jan 14, 2010, titled Fresh cookies and a new car. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

If you build the uberdealership, will people come - and buy $70,000 cars? That's the question as what's believed to be the Twin Cities' largest car dealership, at 223,000 square feet and four floors of indoor showrooms, opened this week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
out-in-2012

Faison, NC

#1 Jan 15, 2010
Bold and Crazy...In a time when customers want value and wholesale prices all in one package. Who pays for this building....THE CAR BUYER.
Warehouse style, like Sam's Club and Cub Foods...That is value.
Low Overhead, Don't charge me for that One Hundred Thousand dollar Chandelier that hangs over my head--as I sign the Beamer sales contract, Ouch!
tmr

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Jan 15, 2010
If any one can make a new BMW store work it will be Peter and his team Integrity,Respect Ethical and Teamwork.
Broke

Savage, MN

#3 Jan 15, 2010
Um, I think I'll pass.
felix

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Jan 15, 2010
guaranteed failure with dictator hussaine destroying the country!!!!!
tax broke

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Jan 15, 2010
I agree with the other poster...bold and crazy. I really hope it works out. Atleast he's trying to do something...and hopfully hiring a few people in the mean time.....Good luck !!!!!!
The Big Bopper

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Jan 15, 2010
I would need some of that paper money that Obama is giving away to buy a BMW.
Marko

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Jan 15, 2010
TRUTH HURTS wrote:
FELIX, YOU DUMB BSTARD......PUT YOUR HEAD BACK UP YOUR ****, THATS WHERE U THINK STRAIGHT....STUPID FCK
<quoted text>
Based on your post, I am guessing the truth that Felix was spreading really hurt.
Marko

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Jan 15, 2010
out-in-2012 wrote:
Bold and Crazy...In a time when customers want value and wholesale prices all in one package. Who pays for this building....THE CAR BUYER.
Warehouse style, like Sam's Club and Cub Foods...That is value.
Low Overhead, Don't charge me for that One Hundred Thousand dollar Chandelier that hangs over my head--as I sign the Beamer sales contract, Ouch!
The go buy your cheaply made cars...nobody cares.
Well

San Francisco, CA

#10 Jan 15, 2010
What we should start doing is harrasing the wits out of these old non-working pigs. Get on their bumper, cut them off, honk at them, communicate non-verbally, things like that. Make it very uncomfortable for conspicuous consumers to be out in the public with the working population. GEt in their face, make it hell, scare them, let them know they are not a part of our society.
Cheaper InGermany

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Jan 15, 2010
In Germany BMWs are common as Buicks and are nothing special. Over there you can get a nice used one for $5K.
Buy American

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Jan 15, 2010
Those Chevys are starting to look nice!
mnlakesman30

United States

#14 Jan 15, 2010
of course the Pohlads would build something like this. Hell we paid for the stadium. not to mention Jims new Lake home, of course they have a few dollars laying around!
The American Lesion

Santa Cruz, CA

#15 Jan 15, 2010
When I buy a vehicle I couldn't care less about the stealership facility. If they gave better deals at the dump i.e. less margin low overhead for the same car that's where I would go. After all I'm not planning on spending much time at the stealership; maybe BMW owners are???
Rushmore

Phoenix, AZ

#16 Jan 15, 2010
Cheaper InGermany wrote:
In Germany BMWs are common as Buicks and are nothing special. Over there you can get a nice used one for $5K.
not true...in Germany the cost is the same, and the price on the sticker is what the customer pays.
55 hours a week

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Jan 15, 2010
I work 55 hours a week I drive a bmw. I dont vacation. My car is my reward I love to go to new dealership have car washed and cookies. befor you comment on this as a neg stop over in minn look at dealership buy a BMW and learn to love your new car and great service you get with BMW
Self Made

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Jan 15, 2010
I would expect that all the negative posters on here have never driven a BMW or are simply the kind of people who would not appreciate a well-made car. It's a driver's car, built for people who love to drive, not for people who use a vehicle to get from Point A to Point B. I wouldn't expect someone who doesn't appreciate driving to care about the exceptional quality of a BMW.

My spouse and I both work hard (no trust funds or handouts) and enjoy our 2 BMWs as part of the reward for our hard work. Why are so many posters here so resentful of how others spend their money? I suppose these people would be fine with dropping a similar amount on a new Corvette (MSRP currently $50-110K depending on model). Sorry to say, you wouldn't be getting half the car you'd get with spending the same amount on a BMW. Before the repliers start screaming about buying American, note that BMW does have an American plant, and shopping at this new dealership means supporting an American (and Minnesotan) business. If an American car manufacturer built a car as well as BMW does, I'd consider buying one. Until that day, I'm a loyal BMW customer. Best of luck to the new dealership.
The American Lesion

Santa Cruz, CA

#19 Jan 15, 2010
Don't know who you are responding to; we're talking about the stealership not the vehicle.
MoneyMan

Findlay, OH

#20 Jan 15, 2010
Bu a Ford or Chevrolet! Only insecure people with lots of money buy BMW's
TiVo Girl

Minnetonka, MN

#21 Jan 15, 2010
Yeah, and the minute you drive that vehicle off the lot it loses about $5,000 in value. Turn around and try to trade it in right after signing the papers. You'll get less for it than the loan you now hold.

It's a car, people. A machine that deteriorates in both function and value with age. They are NOT an investment.
Runnin Scared

Saint Paul, MN

#23 Jan 15, 2010
abc wrote:
Whats the difference between a BMW and a Porcupine?
wait..........
With a Porcupine the pricks are on the outside!!!
Sad, but true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

BMW 3 Series Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump says Germany is 'very bad' on trade May '17 ardith 1
News BMW gets scooped on new 3 Series GT model (Feb '13) Mar '17 catecardvd 4
BMW 3 Series E46 retrofit car gps navigation dv... (Mar '16) Dec '16 June963852 2
2007 335xi transfercase actuator (Aug '16) Aug '16 NEED HELP 2
News Why Tesla's Model 3 should frighten Audi, Merce... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Tesla Man 3
News Tesla's Model 3 Is Being Unveiled This Week -- ... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Solarman 1
News iPerformance 330e: BMW plug-in hybrid 3 Series ... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Solarman 1
More from around the web