2008 Mercedes-Benz C300

Aug 21, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CanadianDriver

The so-called "entry" level luxury segment is a very large and competitive class: the likes of BMW, Audi, Lexus, Infiniti and Mercedes are all fighting to gain market share with their entry-level vehicles, such ... via CanadianDriver

Comments
61 - 72 of 72 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 12
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Linda

Gretna, LA

#62 Jul 31, 2010
vicky wrote:
<quoted text>
i just had a car accident because when I tried to stop at a stop sign my car continued to accelerate . There was reporting of a problem on the computer of the vehicle . I am curious of your outcome
I hve the same problem, I notice the oil, yesterday, my husband beieves that something may be cracked,:( will contact Mercedes to see if this is a problem.
NY driver

Hopewell Junction, NY

#63 Aug 22, 2010
Rick wrote:
Well, you are lucky your C 300 is a-ok. But some of us have purchased a lemon. And, I can tell you it is very upsetting that Germans come to this country to defraud you. We americans certainly do not do that in Germany.
I am sorry to read this comment. Because few out of thousands of units are defective like many good products in the market regardless of the production's origin, you think that is related to people in countries around the world and their culture. That is the problem with us... AMERICANS! we wrongly think that we are superior and do perfect things, make the right choices and never look back. I would think it again. I would like to remind you when GM (an American corporation) filed bankruptcy in 2009, had some cash to bailout themselves and in Germany they asked for bailout from the goverment having cash available, with the difference that the Germans said "no way!!" and you think that Germans come to North America to defraud us?
Among another things, I have an '09 C300 sport and it runs beautifully. so far the best car I have ever had.
NY driver

Hopewell Junction, NY

#64 Aug 22, 2010
JM Miami wrote:
Had mine for 3 months My 08 Benz C300 auto has been back to the dealer 3 times so far for several things. has any one had this problem?? only in the morning when first start up for the first :20 sec I hear a slight misfire. stand behind the car and you can hear the slight pop pop I don't think this should happen. it's at the dealer now for that, I'll see if that changes.
I have the same problem with an '09 stick shift c300. I will take it to the dealer on monday. please keep us posted on what the dealer said about it. Thanks
Corona

Houston, TX

#65 Oct 1, 2010
I bought mine used with 27000 miles and 2008 model. Had it now for a 4 months, and i just love it. No problems at all. Great car so far, i hope it stays like that.
2010 Mercedes-Benz C300

Moline, IL

#66 Dec 17, 2010
I have a 10 and only had the vehicle for a year with almost 1700 miles and having squealing noise as well when taking off. I've taken it back to the dealership 3 times they have even replaced the brakes but still having the noise. Has anyone else had the figured out an solution to this problem.
Benzdriver

Brooklyn, NY

#67 Dec 21, 2010
C300 is a great car and is helping Mercedes keep sales up, but it is not the best German car for the buck.
Serge @ www.benzdriver.com
Need quick advice

Mount Holly, NC

#68 Oct 29, 2011
I have a 2008 c300. I have not had any problems other than VERY minor scattered things. My warranty is about to expire soon with regards to the 4 years. The car has 40,500 miles on it. I have option of extending warranty through mb for 3 years or up to 100k accrued miles. Money is really really tight for me right now. The extended warrant will cost about $3k with tax if I get this plan, which is the better deal over 1&2 yr Plans.

My question: should I bit the extended warranty through Benz? There is no deductible and it covers everything except normal wear & tear. Part of me thinks I can't afford not to, but I'm so cash strapped that I would prefer to not spend the money right now. Thoughts? Thanks!
Deborah George

Savannah, GA

#69 Apr 4, 2012
hazzard wrote:
I just hit 15838 miles on my 2008 C300 Sport that I purchased Dec 07, with P1 & P2 fully loaded. The turn signals just quit working on the way to work this morning. Before this, I have not had one single problem.
yes i been having the same issue. i turn on left signal and the opposite side comes on and want shut off. My car is currently at the Dealer and they telling me they can not duplicate the turn signal issue. I told them it does not happen all the time. It only happens when the car is driven for a little while. I ask for a new multi-switch. Dealers answer was no. We need to see what is going on. I personally think it is stupid. As much as Mercedes earnings are accumulate over a year you think it would not hurt them to just change the switch and see if it works. Customer Service is been not very customer friendly.
Deborah George

Savannah, GA

#70 Apr 4, 2012
yes i been having the same issue. i turn on left signal and the opposite side comes on and want shut off. My car is currently at the Dealer and they telling me they can not duplicate the turn signal issue. I told them it does not happen all the time. It only happens when the car is driven for a little while. I ask for a new multi-switch. Dealers answer was no. We need to see what is going on. I personally think it is stupid. As much as Mercedes earnings are accumulate over a year you think it would not hurt them to just change the switch and see if it works. Customer Service is been not very customer friendly.
Pete M

Milwaukee, WI

#71 May 22, 2012
That sux's
Security

Elizabethtown, KY

#72 Jan 25, 2013
Has anyone had problems with tires wearing out so quick and uneven even with lots of tread left? How often do you have to buy tires?
Gary

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#73 Tuesday Aug 12
DO NOT PURCHASE THIS CAR. IT IS A NIGHTMARE. THERE IS CURRENTLY A RECALL, AND I BELIEVE THAT MORE IS COMING ! MB USA IS VERY AWARE OF THE PROBLEMS, BUT SEEM TO BE TRYING TO COVER UP THE ISSUES.

GOD HELP EVERYONE (as GM is now facing). I HOPE THAT THE ISSUES WILL BE ADDRESSED BEFORE ANYONE GETS INJURED OR KILLED.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

BMW 3 Series Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BMW gets scooped on new 3 Series GT model (Feb '13) Jan '14 BMW X6 M Auto Repair 3
2014 Chrysler 300S defines full size luxury per... (Jan '14) Jan '14 gap 1
Automakers report US sales up in March for best... (Apr '13) Jun '13 RelicsOnTheShelf 3
BMW Regains Sales Lead From Audi as Mercedes Fa... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Bappa 1
Luxury German Automaker Standardizes Another 20... (Dec '09) Mar '13 Suresh goswami 3
New entry-luxury cars aim at BMW 3-series (Feb '12) Feb '13 e47m3 e60m5 2
BMW of North America: Speeches at North America... (Jan '13) Jan '13 JeffD 1

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

BMW 3 Series People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••