2008 Mercedes-Benz C300

2008 Mercedes-Benz C300

There are 72 comments on the CanadianDriver story from Aug 21, 2007, titled 2008 Mercedes-Benz C300. In it, CanadianDriver reports that:

The so-called "entry" level luxury segment is a very large and competitive class: the likes of BMW, Audi, Lexus, Infiniti and Mercedes are all fighting to gain market share with their entry-level vehicles, such ... via CanadianDriver

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CanadianDriver.

dom

AOL

#21 Feb 23, 2008
my c 300 2w drive sport made in germany is fine great car all works good fun to drive seems like it was built right
noisy

Montgomery, AL

#22 Feb 29, 2008
My new C300 started making a terrible screeching noise when braking and starting to accelerate. Been to the shop twice and keeps coming back. Anyone else with brake problems out there?
Rick

Brooklyn, NY

#23 Mar 3, 2008
Well, you are lucky your C 300 is a-ok. But some of us have purchased a lemon. And, I can tell you it is very upsetting that Germans come to this country to defraud you. We americans certainly do not do that in Germany.
Ivan G

Elk Grove Village, IL

#24 Mar 5, 2008
Kingson Christian wrote:
C300 Sports Great Sedan.Got clear Bra installed.It's worth installing it to protect from rocks. I Got a good deal for $800 for Tint and Clear Bra.
Where did you have this done?
Ivan G

Elk Grove Village, IL

#25 Mar 5, 2008
I bought mine C300 Sport rwd December of 2007. I have 4700miles on it now and the car is almost perfect. The car had only one problem, the motor of the heater got frozen but the dealer fixed very quickly. It could happen on any car in this freaking cold weather.. Anyway Great car!!!!!!
However I have only one concern: The fuel economy is not good.
I get 280 miles (mixed hwy and city) on 15-16 gallons of Premium Fuel.
dado

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#26 Mar 6, 2008
hey.. I want to know how to play a DVD while driving also... If somebody knows that, please let me know.. [email protected]
jay mb

Lomita, CA

#27 Mar 14, 2008
There's a website that sells an adapater you plug in to enable dvd while driving...

http://www.mbdoctor.com/shop/product_info.php...

but keep in mind... the dvd while driving is strictly for the passengers...
kellen lincoln wrote:
has anyone figured out how to reprogram the maltimedia system to play dvd,s while driving? e-mail me if you do or if you know someone who could help me do this thanks [email protected]
norman pham

Redwood City, CA

#28 Mar 14, 2008
has anyone figured out how to reprogram the maltimedia system to play dvd,s while driving? e-mail me if you do or if you know someone who could help me do this thanks - [email protected]
Martin Aldrich

South Charleston, OH

#29 Mar 15, 2008
I have a 2008 C 300 and have a severe echo problem with the bluetooth phone on the recievers end and a new att pearl phone. Has anyone had a similar problem? How did you fix it? I have played with the volumes on both the car and phone and nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated.
2-loud

Springfield, VA

#30 Mar 19, 2008
I just purchased my new 2008 C-class 3 months ago and it has the same terrible screeching noise when braking and starting to accelerate. I have taken my car back to the same dealer 3 times,
still no improvement. I then took my car to a different dealer hoping that someone else may know how to fix it. Still no luck, my car still making the same screeching noise. Please give me some ideas.....
Rick

New York, NY

#31 Apr 16, 2008
Martin Aldrich wrote:
I have a 2008 C 300 and have a severe echo problem with the bluetooth phone on the recievers end and a new att pearl phone. Has anyone had a similar problem? How did you fix it? I have played with the volumes on both the car and phone and nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated.
when the blackberry connects itself, make a test call and talk as you would normally do with the other party. Then, once you adjust the volume of the incoming party to a comfortable level by using the knob in the middle of the dashboard to the left to bring it down and the echo should disappear... Let us know how it goes.
Ricky Ricardo

New York, NY

#32 Apr 16, 2008
http://www.mbusa-mobile.com/

http://www.mbusa-mobile.com/manuals/4/13/Blac...

You should not have any problems after this....
Good luck.
Ricky Ricardo

New York, NY

#33 Apr 16, 2008
Martin Aldrich wrote:
http://www.mbusa-mobile.com/

http://www.mbusa-mobile.com/manuals/4/13/Blac ...

You should not have any problems after this....
Good luck.

“"Triple threat"”

Since: Apr 08

Trying this again

#34 Apr 17, 2008
My benzo is nice. But I leave it in the garage.
PGK

Enfield, CT

#35 May 7, 2008
I just bought this car fully loaded with manual transmission a month ago and I love it the quality of the ride is great but I had one problem.One day the battery just died.I dont know what was the problem as I did shut everything off.Has anyone had the same problem other than that it rides like champ.
Mr X

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#36 May 10, 2008
Mercedes repeatedly gets low customer satisfaction ranking and reliability ranking in Consumer reports. Why would one buy this ??

Besides I am in no mood to spend my money to support the 400,000 prostitutes and their patrons in Germany. I will keep my cash to myself. Thank you.
HIP

Riverside, NJ

#37 Jul 24, 2008
Anybody figured out what the whistling noise was about?
JM Miami

Hialeah, FL

#38 Oct 2, 2008
Had mine for 3 months My 08 Benz C300 auto has been back to the dealer 3 times so far for several things. has any one had this problem?? only in the morning when first start up for the first :20 sec I hear a slight misfire. stand behind the car and you can hear the slight pop pop I don't think this should happen. it's at the dealer now for that, I'll see if that changes.
Dana H

United States

#39 Oct 12, 2008
I bought my 2008 C-300 last January and so far I have experienced several problems as well. The 1st time my car just quit. It wouldn't move at all, so they towed it in and repaired it. They said it was a factory defect with the transmission. Then as the person above me explained...the car won't start up correctly. It always took several tries to get mine started. It's in repairs for that now! Of course, at the dealership they said they're never heard of this happening - yeah right! So, the funniest things is...they gave me a c-300 loaner car, and guess what???? Now the engine light in this car is ON! Now that's what you call a faulty model in my opinion! Now I need a loaner in replace of the loaners! I doubt I will ever buy a MB again.
claudia

Chicago, IL

#40 Oct 17, 2008
don't do it
it is a waste of money and time
i bought the c300 in oct 2007 and went to the shop 9 times so far for cracked mirros during winter due to cold weather, squeaky mirrors, blown tires x 3, acceleartion problem, engine rattling, mp3 player going crazy
phone bluetooth unreliable.
i am considering the lemon law
smokeater wrote:
Am about to buy a C300. Any other issues out there ?
Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

BMW 3 Series Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BMW gets scooped on new 3 Series GT model (Feb '13) Mar 29 catecardvd 4
BMW 3 Series E46 retrofit car gps navigation dv... (Mar '16) Dec '16 June963852 2
2007 335xi transfercase actuator (Aug '16) Aug '16 NEED HELP 2
News Why Tesla's Model 3 should frighten Audi, Merce... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Tesla Man 3
News Tesla's Model 3 Is Being Unveiled This Week -- ... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Solarman 1
News iPerformance 330e: BMW plug-in hybrid 3 Series ... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Solarman 1
key transponder chip,,,,plz help!!! (May '15) May '15 RobbyP737 1
More from around the web