2008 Mercedes-Benz C300

Aug 21, 2007 Full story: CanadianDriver 72

The so-called "entry" level luxury segment is a very large and competitive class: the likes of BMW, Audi, Lexus, Infiniti and Mercedes are all fighting to gain market share with their entry-level vehicles, such ... via CanadianDriver

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
tom

United States

#1 Sep 1, 2007
My friend just bought a 2008 Mercedes Benz C300 and the next day it had computer problems and had to be flatbedded to the dealer
smokeater

United States

#2 Sep 3, 2007
Am about to buy a C300. Any other issues out there ?

Thanks.
Issues

United States

#3 Sep 4, 2007
I've had the car for two weeks and love it. No issues at all. Very solid and the Nav/Command center is better than anything I've seen in other cars. This car is a winner.
Jon

Rockville, MD

#4 Sep 25, 2007
Just picked up my 2008 C350. Its beautiful. Artic White with Gray MB tex. The Premium II pkg and Pano room. They said I couldn't get NAV yet?? Anyways, I love it and it was a hard sell because I have only driven Lexus and was questioning their reliability. I was right to question it. Two things, while minor but annoying have gone wrong. The glove box broke and just falls to floor (seriously I've never seen this before) and the Sirius radio only works some days and after calling Sirius and trying to reprogram the system they said the Satellite antenna built at the facory would need replacing. I really do love this car, much better styling and ride than Lexus in every way. It is very quiet as well, but these two small problems are annoying.
ANTHONY RAMSAY

Ridgewood, NY

#5 Sep 26, 2007
THE FUTURE FOR MERCEDES-BENZ WILL BE ASTONISHING.

THE NEW C CLASS IS VERY NICE CAR.....APPEALING.
GREAT IMPROVEMENT.
Lisa

Carlisle, PA

#6 Oct 8, 2007
Can you give more infor? I am highly considering
purchasing
tom wrote:
My friend just bought a 2008 Mercedes Benz C300 and the next day it had computer problems and had to be flatbedded to the dealer
Lisa

Carlisle, PA

#7 Oct 8, 2007
Can you give more info? I am highly considering purchasing one
Steven

Toronto, Canada

#8 Dec 8, 2007
Lisa wrote:
Can you give more info? I am highly considering purchasing one
- I got mine on Dec 1 C300 sport package with auto. Canadian version come fully loaded than the US spec.
So far so good and I changed the tires to sotto zeros for winter driving in Canada.
Awesome handling in snow and highway...

no issues so far...touch wood...
Kingson Christian

Alva, OK

#9 Dec 24, 2007
C300 Sports Great Sedan.Got clear Bra installed.It's worth installing it to protect from rocks. I Got a good deal for $800 for Tint and Clear Bra.

Since: Nov 07

Ohio

#10 Dec 25, 2007
I was really looking forward for the new "C" class 300 .. it's a great car, looks great and drives nice.

My only issue with the car, it won't hold 2 sets of golf clubs unless you pull the rear seat down -- we play 150+ times a year .. so we had to pass.
sjnorte

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Dec 28, 2007
I get 2 sets a golf clubs in trunk area with no hand cart/stand with no problems

Since: Nov 07

Ohio

#12 Dec 28, 2007
sjnorte wrote:
I get 2 sets a golf clubs in trunk area with no hand cart/stand with no problems
Do you play with 2 Bennington hybrid cart bags.?
BEN

United States

#13 Jan 18, 2008
I have a c300 4 matic, at 905 miles the car had a serious oil leak, i had it towed to the dealer and the found the left cylinder head cracked, they replaced the head and all the hardware around it, now the right one is starting to leak, i love the car and the dealer is grear but i am concerned about the quality of this car
Judge Not

United States

#14 Feb 4, 2008
Kingson Christian wrote:
C300 Sports Great Sedan.Got clear Bra installed.It's worth installing it to protect from rocks. I Got a good deal for $800 for Tint and Clear Bra.
Where can the bra be purchased? Does Mercedes-Benz carry them? Thanks

We love our C300 but have a whining noise in the front end which gets louder as speed increases.
Kingson Christian

Alva, OK

#15 Feb 7, 2008
Clear Bra can be installed at any expel dealer.
www.xpel.com Find a dealer in your area. It's worth it.
Rick

New York, NY

#16 Feb 16, 2008
There are terrible problems with the fuel system on the new c 300 w4. They have design flaws with the fuel pump and level indicators or they are being made of poor quality.
Daniela

New York, NY

#17 Feb 17, 2008
I have a c300 4matic and just notice the same whinning... kind of a whistle noise for the first time today.... any updates on your end?
Daniela

New York, NY

#18 Feb 17, 2008
I have a C300 4matic and today I notice the same whinning whistle noise...any new updates on your end?
kellen lincoln

Kansas City, MO

#19 Feb 21, 2008
has anyone figured out how to reprogram the maltimedia system to play dvd,s while driving? e-mail me if you do or if you know someone who could help me do this thanks kckellenboi21@yahoo.com
dom

AOL

#20 Feb 23, 2008
tom wrote:
mine is fine no problems great car love it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

BMW 3 Series Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BMW gets scooped on new 3 Series GT model (Feb '13) Jan '14 BMW X6 M Auto Repair 3
2014 Chrysler 300S defines full size luxury per... (Jan '14) Jan '14 gap 1
Automakers report US sales up in March for best... (Apr '13) Jun '13 RelicsOnTheShelf 3
BMW Regains Sales Lead From Audi as Mercedes Fa... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Bappa 1
Luxury German Automaker Standardizes Another 20... (Dec '09) Mar '13 Suresh goswami 3
New entry-luxury cars aim at BMW 3-series (Feb '12) Feb '13 e47m3 e60m5 2
BMW of North America: Speeches at North America... (Jan '13) Jan '13 JeffD 1
More from around the web