'09 3 Series made for people who love...

'09 3 Series made for people who love driving

There are 7 comments on the Motoring.co.za story from Nov 5, 2008, titled '09 3 Series made for people who love driving. In it, Motoring.co.za reports that:

GETTING THERE IS ALL THE FUN: The 2009 BMW 3 Series, seen here at the Simola Golf Estate Hotel in Knysna with the famous Heads in the background during its SA launch, is a real driver's car.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Motoring.co.za.

Hummmm

Kansas City, MO

#1 Nov 15, 2008
Doubt it; if it stays in the service shop like my 2008 BMW 335i, they probably will not love driving it.(Under 5000 miles with 10 trips to the shop)
BmwRuinedMe

South Africa

#2 Nov 18, 2008
Yes I also had a January 2008 BMW and it ruined my life - it went in over 30 times in 6 months and as there is no lemon law in south africa the assholes would not refund me and eventually I had to sell it for nearly half price. BMW treated me like a turd.
Pfluger the Union Monkey

Needham, MA

#4 Apr 2, 2009
BMWs have inaccurate speedometers. I've bought my last; this is the final straw. They intentionally set the speedometers to read 7% faster than your actual speed.

So, if you think you are driving at 75, you are really only going 70.

No joke. BMW NA has confirmed this. Its all over the web if you do a google search.
So What Is New

Azle, TX

#5 Apr 14, 2009
Congrats on finding out what an over-rated car is; you're lucky it hasn't broke-down yet. Now ...go out and buy a good car. Hint: Lexus or Infiniti.
After all the posts of the issues with these cars, people roll the dice and spend a huge amount of money. Then they cry when in the realization of the money wasted; I could have had a V8.
Pfluger the Union Monkey

Needham, MA

#6 Apr 14, 2009
So What Is New wrote:
Congrats on finding out what an over-rated car is; you're lucky it hasn't broke-down yet. Now ...go out and buy a good car. Hint: Lexus or Infiniti.
After all the posts of the issues with these cars, people roll the dice and spend a huge amount of money. Then they cry when in the realization of the money wasted; I could have had a V8.
Lexus and Infiniti have soft suspensions though.
So What Is New

Cosby, TN

#7 Apr 14, 2009
IS-F suspension; you'll be on the road all day long....no issues; no breakdowns for the Lexus. With Nismo 370zx coming out; I am sure Infiniti will have a nice package on the way; it's worth the wait. These cars will be blistering fast.
Pfluger the Union Monkey

Needham, MA

#8 Apr 15, 2009
So What Is New wrote:
IS-F suspension; you'll be on the road all day long....no issues; no breakdowns for the Lexus. With Nismo 370zx coming out; I am sure Infiniti will have a nice package on the way; it's worth the wait. These cars will be blistering fast.
I was gonna buy the Infiniti with AWD. Unfortunately, they don't make these with standard transmissions. I like a clutch and a gearshift, so I went with the 335XI.

Honestly, besides the irritating speedometer issue, and their run flat tires that need replacing quickly and make awful road noise after about 15K, its a great car. But, I'm still going to look for a 6 speed AWD that has an accurate speedometer.

Infiniti is on the list, Accura and Lexus are definitely not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

BMW 3 Series Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Tesla's Model 3 should frighten Audi, Merce... Apr '16 Tesla Man 3
News Tesla's Model 3 Is Being Unveiled This Week -- ... Mar '16 Solarman 1
News iPerformance 330e: BMW plug-in hybrid 3 Series ... Mar '16 Solarman 1
BMW 3 Series E46 retrofit car gps navigation dv... Mar '16 catecardvd 1
key transponder chip,,,,plz help!!! (May '15) May '15 RobbyP737 1
News 2008 Mercedes-Benz C300 (Sep '07) Aug '14 Gary 72
News BMW gets scooped on new 3 Series GT model (Feb '13) Jan '14 BMW X6 M Auto Repair 3
More from around the web