This BMW Corners The Market

This BMW Corners The Market

There are 8 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Nov 15, 2008, titled This BMW Corners The Market. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Naturally, we had to see it. "Bitte , kennen Sie, wo ist der grossen Kopf vom Karl Marx?" we asked passers-by. The former East Germans, standing in chilly drizzle, were delighted to help the capitalist running ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Benny

Hartford, CT

#1 Nov 15, 2008
Pros: Handles like a 2 ton car instead of a 4640 pound monster.

Cons: 15 miles per gallon. You get to look like an inconsiderate jerk for displaying such conspicuous consumption.

Eff BWM and eff the (mostly) bad drivers who choose them.
Mercy of the State

Klingerstown, PA

#2 Nov 15, 2008
I like it....too bad the government has saddled me with such a Selfish Tax Burden.
If not for the 35k I pay in income and property taxes I could be driving a BMW 750 instead of a Subaru.
$3000 a month in taxes and I drive a crummy Subaru
Benny

Hartford, CT

#3 Nov 15, 2008
Mercy of the State wrote:
I like it....too bad the government has saddled me with such a Selfish Tax Burden.
If not for the 35k I pay in income and property taxes I could be driving a BMW 750 instead of a Subaru.
$3000 a month in taxes and I drive a crummy Subaru
If everyone thought like you, you'd be driving that shiny yuppiemobile on dirt roads.
Mercy of the State

Klingerstown, PA

#4 Nov 15, 2008
Why would we drive on dirt roads when Exxon/Mobil is paying 40% of their earnings in Taxes?.
With all the money the Selfish Government takes the roads should be perfect...but alas government screwed that up too.
The next time you hit a pot hole think about the 60 cents a gallon that you pay in Gas Tax.
If the government weren't robbing me blind I could actually drive a nice car before I die.
Hartfords clown mayor

Wallingford, CT

#5 Nov 15, 2008
nice car
Benny

Hartford, CT

#6 Nov 16, 2008
Mercy of the State wrote:
Why would we drive on dirt roads when Exxon/Mobil is paying 40% of their earnings in Taxes?.
With all the money the Selfish Government takes the roads should be perfect...but alas government screwed that up too.
The next time you hit a pot hole think about the 60 cents a gallon that you pay in Gas Tax.
If the government weren't robbing me blind I could actually drive a nice car before I die.
Cry me a river. With their repeated record shattering profits amidst soaring oil prices, I'm sure they are just fine.

The tax isn't robbing you blind. It's you paying your fair share. Don't like it? Run for office or get out.
Middle Class Fool

Klingerstown, PA

#7 Nov 16, 2008
Benny wrote:
<quoted text>
Cry me a river. With their repeated record shattering profits amidst soaring oil prices, I'm sure they are just fine.
The tax isn't robbing you blind. It's you paying your fair share. Don't like it? Run for office or get out.
Benny..Benny..Benny...just because you don't make any money don't begrudge those who do...ha ha ha
I would much rather invest and save for MY Family than for Yours....
It is the cheap thiefs like Biden who only gave $3000 in Charity over 12 years on an income of $2.2 million
that you should try robbing..not the middle class
Benny

Hartford, CT

#8 Nov 17, 2008
Wow, it all makes sense now. Just another bitter McPresident loser.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

BMW 3 Series Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Overheating on 2001 325i Oct '17 Jlslivinglife 1
News Trump says Germany is 'very bad' on trade May '17 ardith 1
News BMW gets scooped on new 3 Series GT model (Feb '13) Mar '17 catecardvd 4
BMW 3 Series E46 retrofit car gps navigation dv... (Mar '16) Dec '16 June963852 2
2007 335xi transfercase actuator (Aug '16) Aug '16 NEED HELP 2
News Why Tesla's Model 3 should frighten Audi, Merce... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Tesla Man 3
News Tesla's Model 3 Is Being Unveiled This Week -- ... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Solarman 1
More from around the web