Richwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2011

carguy wrote:
Save yourself the aggravation/expense....Buy a Chevrolet....
I have owned two different pieces of chevy and thats why i now only drive audi
Ron from Brooklyn

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2011

I have a timing belt problem with my Audi A-6 2001.
The dealer informed me that the parts are not very expensive however, the labor is. The cost to perform the job is over $ 2000.00 which I find hard to believe and not sure what I should do. The car has
103,000 miles on it and we have had problems with the engine light being on which is related to another issue. The car is otherwise clean looking and I am not sure if it is worth the money to repair?
wally

Bedzin, Poland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2011

Should not exceed 60,000 miles. Timing belts recommend: http://cardrivebelts.com/list-of-car-brands/9...
MMJ

Maple Grove, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2012

Starting-with-2001-42-A6 wrote:
Hi Teddy,
any comments on timing belt replacement on my A 4.2?
<quoted text>
My 2000 A6 2.7t just broke the tensioner pulley but I'm pretty sure the PS pump is fine. Is it difficult to replace the tensioner pulley and belt only? Also how much time does it take to replace the ABS module?
Guri

Sparks, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

i recommended to everyone don,t ever buy a AUDI its is the worst car ever. all the time have problems
germancardepot

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Jim wrote:
They can be a little problematic, but I have learned to get regular checkups and maintenance, and IGNORE THE CHECK ENGINE. Spent about $600 on it and it came back within 3 weeks.
You should never ignore the check engine light on your Audi, specially after a major repair, if it came back on it means that something else is wrong or that the work wasn't properly done. The light is the only way for you to know when something is failing when it is not obvious. You should find a mechanic or a dealer alternative that you can trust, one that has a warranty on their work.
germancardepot

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Matt wrote:
Hi,
Saw your post regarding Audi timing belt replacement. I just bought an
Allroad two weeks ago thinking the timing belt had been replaced. It has
but the guy only replaced the belt.....nothing else. Do I need to get it
done all over again? Will the tensioners break? I cant afford a engine
rebuild so I want to be very careful with it.
Whenever you buy a vehicle second hand, try to get all the info or copies of any prior work done so you know where you are standing. Depending on the millage of the car, you should do the timing belt over if you want to avoid major problems. Whenever the belt is done all the components such as tensioners and water pump should be changed too.
germancardepot

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

basspimp wrote:
i want to buy a audi 2oo1 it has 116000 on it from a used lot and they dont know if the belt has been changed or not how do i find out
If the belt looks worn, definitely do it. The best way is to ask the seller if it has been done, also ask for prof if they have it available (invoices from the dealer, etc). With that many miles on the Audi you should do it anyway(in case you can't find out) just in case, a couple hundred dollars could save you thousands in major repair if the belt breaks.
Vincent

Missouri City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2012

I got my 01 audi a6 timing belt and drive belt changed on June when it hit 70000, just wanted to keep peace in mind. now it hits 75000 and car runs very smooth. rubber gets worn by age so I definitely wouldn't take risk to 105000, which in audi's manual.
joeeA6

Dartmouth, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

im facing an issue with my 2001 a6 not starting...the battery and alt are brand new. i guy told me it was likely a timing belt issue and would cost close to 3000 dollars to fix. i had a VW passat need a timing belt and it would turnover when i tried to start it. my Audi turns over slowly as if it cant get a spark to ignite the engine.
any info as to what alternative issue i may be facing???? i have noticed that the audi mechanics at the audi place are pirates and liars.
and yea 2001 a6 is nothing but a heap of electrical issues, sunroof sticks, windows work one day and not the next..
chuck of Ottawa Canada

Chapais, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

I have 2002 with 2.8 and 165000 miles/300000km and still have not done timing belt.Front cover was off for vacuum leak lately and no cracks were found in the back of the belt, will replace if I find cracks, I believe audi takes advantage of people no more than any other.
leadalpa4

North Bergen, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

I bought an '04 2.7T Quattro with 167,000 in February 2013. It is truly spotless. I drove from the dealer to my mechanic to have him change the timing belt and ALL the fluids, plus whatever he saw. The Audi dealer standard labor(only) for a timing belt(only) replacement is $2,500. Here is my bill: All fluids plus transmission pan gasket&filter-420.00
Timing Belt, belt damper, belt tensioner, belt roller, water pump-636.00
Auxillary Water pump w/hoses-264.00
Thermostat-50.00
Accessory Belt tensioner, Serpentine belt, crankshaft seal, camshaft seal- 281.00

Total Parts@MSRP= 1650.00
Labor= 1,200.00

The A6 is a "performance car". Performance engines run at a higher 'vibration'. As a result they DEMAND more attention to maintenance. Period. Is it worth driving a "performance car" versus a "family car"? ONLY if YOU can notice the difference in how both of those classes of car, feels. Simple.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 121 - 132 of132
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Audi A6 Discussions

Search the Audi A6 Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Audi Announces A6 Plug-In Hybrid For Chinese Ma... Apr 10 RayH 1
Audi's High-Performance TDI Biturbo Engine Laun... (Feb '13) Feb '14 Twodogs 3
Audi A6 2.0L Tdi Se - Bluetooth Phone Connection (Jan '07) Jan '14 Audi Iphone 17
Audi A6 Low Oil Light (Oct '08) Nov '13 will Campos 6
2014 Chevy Impala: Not your daddy's automobile (Jul '13) Nov '13 Rick 25
Audi Demonstrating TDI Economy With Cross-Count... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Tom Loy 1
Chevrolet Impala is the Top-Rated Sedan (Jul '13) Jul '13 Root 4
•••

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••
•••
•••