Leo in Minneapolis

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2006

They just stopped working without warning. The turn signals work, the 'flash' brights work (permanent brights does not though) and I checked the fuse(s) and everything is fine.

Any suggestions or ideas?
Justin BGKY

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2006

I just noticed the same problem with mine as of Thursday. My flashes work, turn signals...but my side markers are all that illuminate when my lights are turned on.....very very odd....hear anything or find something out?
Rcarh

Tenafly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2006

Help. I am also having the same problem. When I keep jiggling they come back on. Went off twice in one night with the use of the right turn blinker. Anyone?
vikii

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2006

ive had the same problem - when i put the full beams on only the normal headlights work?? does anyone know what is happening? i have been told that it could be the relays but i'm not sure.
Greenville Audi

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2006

I have unfortunately had the same problem. Just driving down the road no problems at all and the headlights just cut out. Such a bad predicament for us that it happened to at night. I've been researching what could cause this and the only thing I could think of is the recall on the ignition. Something about it causes conflict with the light switch and/or the wipers. I suggest take it to a near by dealership and tell them the problem, they will know exactly what to do.
Joe A

Highland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2006

Any suggestions or ideas? Change the turning signal as there might be a short in it. Be sure to check all functions before changing the unit.
bryan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2006

same here...headlights are out but everything else works fine...high beams work when i hold them on...WTF
Rob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2006

Mine just went dead without warning, worked all night drove around. let it sit for 2 hours went to leave my friends house and they wouldnt come on. Brights work when i hold them back and side markers do to.Help please someone
Adam

Milford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2007

In your headlight switch there is a short. It is a design problem that Audi had. If you go onto audiworld.com you will be able to find the solution to your problem by looking at one of the forums. I cant remember the link that I saw it on, but it goes through step by step on how to fix it.
jerry

Huntington Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2007

Adam wrote:
In your headlight switch there is a short. It is a design problem that Audi had. If you go onto audiworld.com you will be able to find the solution to your problem by looking at one of the forums. I cant remember the link that I saw it on, but it goes through step by step on how to fix it.
i really need help on this one. i cant find that on audiworld.so if someone sees it please link here
Jerry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2007

I have replaced 3 headlight switches. SAme problem.
You discon bat. use special screw driver to pul airbag. Special tool to pull steering wheel.... Ther should be a recall on this one.
steve

King Of Prussia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2007

Andre in florida

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2007

Hey The same thing happen to me on my 96 A4 Quattro, I checked lights bulbs, relay, fuse . the odd thing is that next to the hazard lights switch above the radio, the two buttons for the fog lights dont light up anymore either.I even had my ignition replaced becuase of recall twice(because the first time the headlights went out) because of the position of the ignition switch. so I switched bulbs from low beam to high and have to pull back and hold the high beams while driving. I still have this problem , somebody help a brother out
Josh in ND

Grand Forks, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2007

Hey everyone, I love my car, but this little issue just happened to me. I'm not excited to go pay $90 an hour of labor to fix it either. If there is a way I can fix this myself, let me know
steve

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2007

Watch out for the ignition switch causing electrical problems (wipers not working, no turn signals , no headlights either) on Audi A4's (1996-1997). There is a recall and Audi will replace the Ignition Switch . The problem is that if the ignition switch fails it could take your starter along with it ! Good luck getting it done though . I sat without a car for a week as there were no appointments and they had to "fit me in" !
You would think with a recall there would be better service ...
Jamee

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

The same thing just happened to me, too. The fog light buttons also went out. I had the ignition switch replaced about a month ago, too. I've got sn appointment with Audi tomorrow so I'll let you all know what they say (and how much). Thanks for the audiworld link - it'll be real helpful if Audi wants to charge me an arm and a leg and if my extended warranty doesn't cover it.
Sammy

Santa Rosa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2007

Same thing has occured to me (1997 A4 2.8). My headlights dont work anymore (bulbs are fine), however the parking lights and high beams are fine. I was having a rather unusual problem in that when I turned on the right blinker, my headlights would go out. I thought all of this issues were related to the ignition recall, but i just picked my car up from the dealership ten minutes ago and the headlights still dont work even after having the ignition switch replaced. Im gonna try and figure this out....ill keep ya all posted...
garrett

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2007

Jamee wrote:
The same thing just happened to me, too. The fog light buttons also went out. I had the ignition switch replaced about a month ago, too. I've got sn appointment with Audi tomorrow so I'll let you all know what they say (and how much). Thanks for the audiworld link - it'll be real helpful if Audi wants to charge me an arm and a leg and if my extended warranty doesn't cover it.
what was the problem with your car my audi had the same problem i fear its the light switch not the ignition my headlights dont work nor fog lights guessing because the headlights arent on and the highbeam only comes on when i pull back on the highbeam lever ???what did audi say im sure its the switch
Chuck

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2007

I have a 1991 Ford Probe with a funny headlight problem. When I turn my headlights on, my low beams work just fine, but when I hit the high beams, both lights go out. All my other lights like the tail lights, direction lights, instrument panel lights and so on all work just fine. I've replaced the light switch in the steering column twice with no luck. I've been looking for a popped fuse or something like that and again no luck. I have no idea what's goin' on. Any ideas?
Phil

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2007

Same thing has happened to my car, the low beams are you, but when i switch over to hight beam the lows come on....I've checked the wiring and fuses, and they seem to be fine....

Anyone..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of74
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Audi A4 Forum right now

Search the Audi A4 Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
EPC and ESP Problems (Feb '07) Jul 5 ivan scicluna 42
Oil problems in 2007 Audi A4's with 2T engines. (Feb '09) Jun 28 Joe davis 268
audi a4 2.0T burning oil (May '07) Jun 20 anthonyh460 642
Audi A4 2001 dashboard warning lights (Feb '10) May '14 Car doc 5
Audi Announces A6 Plug-In Hybrid For Chinese Ma... Apr '14 RayH 1
Audi a4 2007 2.0 Oil in the intercooler Mar '14 yasser 2
A4 Owners Manual Download (Feb '06) Mar '14 shadreck 287
•••

Buy a New Car