Oil problems in 2007 Audi A4's with 2T engines.

Posted in the Audi A4 Forum

Comments (Page 10)

Showing posts 181 - 200 of268
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Sivuyile

Durban, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Dear Sir/ Madam
I have an Audi A4 2.0 2007 model. The car is now five years old and recently I have a noise on cold start (if I stop the car for a long period of time of +/- 4 hours) and it disappears. I went to an Audi dealership for diagnose and they told me itís a chain fault and to fix it, It will cost me R18 000 of which I did not have. I bought the parts from Audi and fixed the chain, tensor etc somewhere else and the noise is still there.
I asked several peopleís opinion and most of them said:
The oil is dropping down and the tappets are lacking oil on first cold start. The tappets are the once causing the noise and when lubricated they become quite again.
Is this the case? If yes, what is the cause and how do I fix?
I have spent a lot of money already trying to sort the problem. I hope and believe that you are the best to solve my problems.
Regards
Sivuyile
Tel: 0790592011
Email address: sivuyilem@dut.ac.za or sivuyilem@gmail.co.za
kelly las vegas

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

I'd like to join the club of buyers remorse for purchasing my 07' Audi A4 I purchase mine in january of this year 2012 at carmax and its been in the repair shop 4 times due to oil consumption problems I switch dealership to a different audi dealer here in las vegas and thank god they been able to work with me I'm now starting the process of replacing the piston rings now I'm very worried whats gonna pop up next after reading all of these other complaints my a 4 has 56,000 miles on it I'm a single mother and I'm not sure what's gonna happen next my manufacture warranty is now over and my extended warranty I purchased is giving me a hard time for the repairs.. does anybody have any advice for me I would sure appreciate it thank you...

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Judged:

I'd like to join the club of buyers remorse for purchasing my 07' Audi A4 I purchase mine in january of this year 2012 at carmax and its been in the repair shop 4 times due to oil consumption problems I switch dealership to a different audi dealer here in las vegas and thank god they been able to work with me I'm now starting the process of replacing the piston rings now I'm very worried whats gonna pop up next after reading all of these other complaints my a 4 has 56,000 miles on it I'm a single mother and I'm not sure what's gonna happen next my manufacture warranty is now over and my extended warranty I purchased is giving me a hard time for the repairs.. does anybody have any advice for me I would sure appreciate it thank you...
Janelle Jeanes

Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

Juliet wrote:
Sorry can't help with the so call stand oil leak, we have a 2003 A4 had it about 5yrs & no oil leaks, except when the coolint gascet went then it all just when to shit because it took them so long to find the problem. Hope you get some answers.
Cheers Janelle
Kelly

Cary, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

What can we do about this as a whole? Audi MUST know there is a HUGE problem with their engineering and they are doing NOTHING about it, leaving the burden on the consumer AND the dealerships.
Rich Schober

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

I have a 2007 A4 2.0T at around 30,000 mile I noticed the oil issue that everyone has become accustomed with I replaced the PCV valve and it seemed to stop then at 60,000 it seemed I had to add oil every 2,000 miles then 1,500 now every 1,000 miles. I then one day put the petal to the metal to pass a car on the highway and around 4,500 RPM white smoke everywhere like a James Bond Effect. As soon as I let off of the petal it went away. I was told I had a bad Turbo and the gasket had failed pumping oil into the exhaust. So I rebuilt the Turbo and they also found the PCV was blown again now at this point I have replaced the PCV valve four times over the life of the car. twice at Audi and twice by a private mechanic. I was happy to have my car back and excited to drive it again since I really do love the car, but 500 miles later it was smoking up again. The general consensus between four mechanics was that the crank case was getting to much pressure and was forcing the PCV valve to blow and also blowing oil into the Turbo and exhaust. The reason they believed for this was blow by around the piston. They said that Audi build their engine loose so they don't break but as they wear compression pressure can slip passed the piston rings into the crank case causing a pressure build up. The PCV and venting tube to the turbo were not able to remove the pressure resulting in oil spitting into the exhaust at high RPM.

My Audi only has 79,000 miles and was always maintained to a very high level. The car is still beautiful but I was advised to let her go... I have never in my life owned a car that only lasted 80,000 miles. I would expect that in older car where engine rebuilds are common but not a 2007 car. Especially from a company that uses the line "Truth in Engineering" Truth be told it wasn't engineered very well.
Rich S

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

I have a 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro I have to saw that this has been one of my favorite cars but also a major disappointment. At 32,000 mile I noticed a little oils on the side of the valve cover. The dealership replaced the PCV valve and the car stopped leaking but oil just seemed to disappear 1 quart every 2000 miles then at 40,000 miles it was every 1700 to 1800 it progressively go worst at 50,000 it was burning about 1 quart every 1500 miles I was told this was normal. I was concerned since it was going out of warranty soon but was assured it was normal. No problems until 75,000 miles then one day my car would not shift out of first unless I used the tip tronics shifter. It was a bad break light switch at this time I said might as well do the timing belt. $1,400 in repairs but the car seemed to be great. 77,000 all a sudden I see white smoke like I turned on a fog machine at 4,500 RPM My mechanic replaced the turbo he said the gasket was going bad in the turbine and he also found the PCV valve was bad. I saw both of the bad parts and did confirm they were bad. It didn't fix the problem. 78,000 miles I took it in when it started to smoke really bad. I we found the PCV blown again. He said the crank case was being pressurize by a bad piston ring and was causing oil to blow out of the engine vent lines into the turbo. I was told to get replace the engine or get a new car. May she rest in peace. I loved her but she has got to go.
Lisa

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2012

I just tried to trade my Audi A4 2.0 turbo which also needs a quart of oil every 700 to 1,000 miles, I carry it in my trunk. I Don't let it go for very long after the minimum oil light comes on, within a mile I add it. I was on a very busy highway recently on the side of the road adding oil to my car, SCARY. I said I am not dealing with this crap any more. I paid $25,000 for the car in Dec. of 2010. They offered me $13,000 for the car. That is a $12,000 depreciation in 18 months. They know this car is a lemon. I was willing to take a loss on the vehicle and give them some cash back just for piece of mind. But are figures were too far from each others. BUYER BEWARE. STAY AWAY FROM THIS CAR. EVEN AUDI DOESN'T WANT THEM BACK!!
Lisa

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2012

Forgot the year it is of course the 2007 Audi A4 2.0 turbo.
Lisa

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2012

WE as consumers need to get a lawyer and file a class action law suit against Audi!!
Gleil99

Plainsboro, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

I have gone thru it all. PCV, piston rings, gaskets, pcv again, new engine, etc etc. New engine has about 10,000 miles and I am seeing oil consumption again. There was just a recall on a new PCV valve which is supposeded to help the situation. There is also an extended warranty for key parts of the engine (crankshaft etc) because of the oil consumption problem. Make sure you get this from Audi. Overall I would suggest getting rid of the car. I am in a similar situation. Lost my job, car needs tires, warranty up in November. I love the car but it scares the hell out of me. Just replaced the A/C compressor and got the climate control reset. It sometimes does not know what to do. My suggestion is to read the reports and find a reliable car that gets 30-40 mpg. Audi offered me $16k if I bought another Audi. Fat chance. However, they have apparently fixed the oil consumption problem on the 2012 models. The a4's only have 2 liter turbos now.
Lisa

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

So I owe 20,000 on my 2007 A4 2.0T I was offered 13,000. Should I just take the loss and get into a reliable vehicle? I have seen a couple of posts where their car was DONE at 80,000 miles. I have 56,000 on mine.
Gleil99

Plainsboro, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

It is a crap shoot. If your oil consumption is 1 qt in 800 miles you need to yell and scream and get a new enginine. If I got it, you can too. As far as buying a new car, if you can afford to I would. You are looking at big $'s if an engine or turbo goes. They will balk on the major engine component failures. An engine replacement is $10-12 k. I was offered $15k in the december. Your $13k offer is not bad.
John

Chilliwack, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

[I am having the exact same problem with my 2006 audi a4 just bought it on friday drove it home and cant drive it now, low oil pressure light, engine light and loud at idle very frusterated
Kelly

Cary, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

John-
That is exactly the same thing that happened to me. They could never pinpoint the problem. Engine has been completely rebuilt.
Kelly

Cary, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Gleil99 wrote:
It is a crap shoot. If your oil consumption is 1 qt in 800 miles you need to yell and scream and get a new enginine. If I got it, you can too. As far as buying a new car, if you can afford to I would. You are looking at big $'s if an engine or turbo goes. They will balk on the major engine component failures. An engine replacement is $10-12 k. I was offered $15k in the december. Your $13k offer is not bad.
They wanted 10K to fix my 2006 A4 2.0T. I lost my mind and they ended up doing it for 5K because it is something they should have cauight 3 days earlier when i took it in for the oil pressure light being on. Then the engine blew. They charged me audi's price for parts and did not charge me labor. They also gave me a 12month/12K warranty too. i still can't wait to trade it in. I really just wish Audi would do something about it.
Lisa

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Well you may think I am crazy but the car I am looking at buying is a 2009 A4 premium turbo for 22K. It is priced about 3k lower than kbb and it is at a very reputable dealer in the area. Has the oil consumption problem been fixed in the 2009. I have read elsewhere that the oil problem is with the 2005-2007 A4 turbo engines only.
Gleil99

Plainsboro, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

STAAY AWAY......RUN QUICKLY.......DON'T EVEN PACK YOUR BAGS.....JUST RUN! SEARCH THE INTERNET FOR AUDI A4 TURBO OIL PROBLEMS. THEY CONTINUE THRU AT LEAST 2010. AS FAR AS I KNOW 2012 IS THE FIRST YEAR WO PROBLEMS. SOME FOLKS USED AN AUDI LOANER IN 2010 AND THAT CAR HAD OIL PROBLEMS.
NewAudiVictim

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2012

I bought a used 2008 A3 2.0 with about 53.5K. As a 2nd owner.
I was shocked when oil light came on after less than 500 miles. Thought the used car dealer didn't change it. I changed it every 600-800 miles within o.1.5 miles.
Then did the major service and oil change again at 55K and the Audi mechanic sent me to dealer.
Did oil consumption then piston rings. Then oil light came on at 1200 miles. Still BAD. Back to the dealer. Hopefully this cane be "fixed" but after reading the above I am not sleeping well at night.
Will update on my next steps....
NewAudiVictim

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2012

Didn't realize I can't edit my post after pressing "enter".
To clarify: Took it to dealer three times for oil consumption test and one time for the piston ring replacement. 20 miles after the piston rings, the alternator went and had THAT replaced. They said it was totally unrelated to piston ring work.
Now back to the dealer because the piston ring job only decreased my consumption a little bit. They told me after the piston job that 10K between oil changes is what "they say" but, 5K is recommended by them. My '02 BMW and '00 Lexus are giving me no oil/engine problems.
I am really depending on Audi and the dealership to rectify this DEFECT in there engine/pistons. I want to change my name from "NewAudiVictim" to "Satisfied Audi Owner". BTW, the dealer has been very good so far :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 181 - 200 of268
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Audi A4 Forum right now

Search the Audi A4 Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
EPC and ESP Problems (Feb '07) Jul 5 ivan scicluna 42
audi a4 2.0T burning oil (May '07) Jun 20 anthonyh460 642
Audi A4 2001 dashboard warning lights (Feb '10) May '14 Car doc 5
Audi Announces A6 Plug-In Hybrid For Chinese Ma... Apr '14 RayH 1
Audi a4 2007 2.0 Oil in the intercooler Mar '14 yasser 2
A4 Owners Manual Download (Feb '06) Mar '14 shadreck 287
warning light (Apr '06) Mar '14 Avis Smith 92
•••

Buy a New Car