Honda tones down Acura TL design for ...

Honda tones down Acura TL design for 2012 | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 37 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Feb 9, 2011, titled Honda tones down Acura TL design for 2012 | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Honda has refreshed the design of its Acura TL, toning down some of the bold lines that may have contributed to lackluster sales.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Adena Bob

Grove City, OH

#1 Feb 9, 2011
The reason that Acura TL sales have decreased is the reliabiltiy of the car. I have owned a Acura TL that I purchased new in 2004 and it has left me stranded on at least four occasions. I can not recommend that anyone buy this car.
Detroit

Columbus, OH

#2 Feb 9, 2011
Is it just me or does it look more like an American car now? It looks like it could be a Chevy or a Pontiac.
CollegeProf

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Feb 9, 2011
Acuras have always been rather boring in their styling, at least in my opinion. All of the luxury cars more or less resemble each other, but with the exception of some Infitis, Acuras have had the least distinction between their inexpensive counterparts.
Westerville needs Walmart

Columbus, OH

#4 Feb 9, 2011
35 Grand for an Accord with a few extra bells and whistles?? I don't think so.
2011 Honda Civic Owner

Blacklick, OH

#7 Feb 9, 2011
Westerville needs Walmart wrote:
35 Grand for an Accord with a few extra bells and whistles?? I don't think so.
2001 Cadillac Catera

MSRP:$31,305 -$31,305
Invoice:$28,957 -$28,957
Miles Per Gallon
City: 17 MPG
Highway: 24 MPG

Had it continued in production to 2012 how much would this re-badged Opel Omega cost now?
uhm

Columbus, OH

#8 Feb 9, 2011
2011 Honda Civic Owner wrote:
<quoted text>
2001 Cadillac Catera
Miles Per Gallon
Had it continued in production to 2012 how much would this re-badged Opel Omega cost now?
At least they had the good sense to cancel it. Bankruptcy is good at trimming the old fat!
Mike

Columbus, OH

#9 Feb 9, 2011
Aggressive styling? More like a chrome cod piece. Acura doesn't seem to be able to design a car that doesn't look like an insect or the little boy who swallowed the sea.
Derp

Columbus, OH

#10 Feb 9, 2011
Adena Bob wrote:
The reason that Acura TL sales have decreased is the reliabiltiy of the car. I have owned a Acura TL that I purchased new in 2004 and it has left me stranded on at least four occasions. I can not recommend that anyone buy this car.
One of the primary reasons Acura sales have decreased is their cars are flat out ugly. The chrome beak on the front of their line up is pretty much universally panned by car enthusiasts and former owners. It's not ying/yang thing either. It seems EVERYONE hates the chrome beak. There is a huge difference in being boring and cring-worthy ugly.

And this has been Honda's problem for the last 10 years. Their designs have been very uninspiring, their engines are not the best anymore and their product misses the mark. They are selling on their past reliability, but honestly, pretty much all cars have great reliability now. Except for the Accord, Civic, CR-V and Minivan, everything else has been a dud.
mel

West Portsmouth, OH

#11 Feb 9, 2011
Way over priced for such an ugly car. The CL of the future. Honda as a whole is on a downward spiral. The competition is slowly pullimg away with better warranties and less cost. The Accord sedan is just as ugly as the TL. The addition of the reflectors on the trunk says a lot about Honda's design team. SAD
Buy a Camry, Hyundai, Ford Fusion, or Buick LaCrosse CX.
Randy

New York, NY

#12 Feb 9, 2011
They are better building boring, reliable cars that are reasonable priced. The MDX is another exampe of overpriced and underachieved. There are much better deals on the market now.
Money Hog

Columbus, OH

#13 Feb 9, 2011
I've never owned a Honda product in 35 years of driving. I've had Nissan, Jeep and now drive an '09 Jetta which I love. The Japanese stying is either too radical or bland for me.
mel

West Portsmouth, OH

#14 Feb 9, 2011
If you know anyone that works at any of Honda's manufacturing plants, ask them what they think about Honda. The problems are brewing from within.
happy gilmore

Springfield, OH

#15 Feb 9, 2011
I have one of these and love it....you cowtown residents have no sense of style. go back to your GM or FORD POS
Parasite Government

Columbus, OH

#16 Feb 9, 2011
Too much money, but you can say that about pretty much every new car.

None of them are worth the money they ask.
TKG

Toledo, OH

#17 Feb 9, 2011
2011 Honda Civic Owner wrote:
<quoted text>
2001 Cadillac Catera
Miles Per Gallon
Does anybody else remember that Cadillac Cimmaron? It was basically a Cavalier with a hood ornament. I thought it was pretty cool, but decided to step it up a notch so I snagged a mercedes hood ornament off a car at Muirfield and glued it to my Pontiac Sunfire.
Mike

Columbus, OH

#18 Feb 9, 2011
happy gilmore wrote:
I have one of these and love it....you cowtown residents have no sense of style. go back to your GM or FORD POS
Touchy, touchy you near-luxury hipster. I for one never left my Chevy and Ford. Of course we know not all GMs are da bomb, so we're here to help you hair gel guys suffering from Acura TL Chromeproboscis. Just visit our Pontiac Aztek Support Group.
Justice

Lakewood, OH

#19 Feb 9, 2011
TKG wrote:
<quoted text>
Does anybody else remember that Cadillac Cimmaron? It was basically a Cavalier with a hood ornament. I thought it was pretty cool, but decided to step it up a notch so I snagged a mercedes hood ornament off a car at Muirfield and glued it to my Pontiac Sunfire.
Was this when you were at the Memorial Tourney in a Hunt Club collar shirt and golf spikes? Hilarious!!
Get Real

Columbus, OH

#20 Feb 9, 2011
mel wrote:
If you know anyone that works at any of Honda's manufacturing plants, ask them what they think about Honda. The problems are brewing from within.
Mel,
Just what problems are brewing from within. Please tell us. We want to be better
informed.
Mark

Pickerington, OH

#21 Feb 9, 2011
Anyone who does not accept the fact that honda and toyota drastically made ford/gm/chrysler shape up and produce better vehicles is clueless.
upset

Mount Gilead, OH

#22 Feb 9, 2011
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I also bought my 2002 new and it's on its third transmission right now and half of the dashboard has no lights. I still like driving the car and the styling. Honda should stick to classic designs instead of making their cars look like robots from a cartoon.
My question is, why would anyone go to the expense of putting three transmissions in any car?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Acura Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Buy a new NSX and you can put the badges on as ... (Mar '17) Sep '17 a hole 3
troubleshoot 1999 acura tl (Dec '16) Aug '17 shannonbyherself 2
News Michelin, Honda to Pay Out After PAX Run-Flat T... (Aug '09) Aug '17 dondon 82
News More Advice On Acura TL Transmission Failures A... (Apr '09) Jul '17 DAVE 327
News Acura NSX: Crazy, geeky fun Jun '17 ESPN 1
News Acura Integra Transmission Problems (Sep '07) Jun '17 MikeG 60
News How awesome is Acura's hybrid NSX? Try 0 to 60 ... (Jun '17) Jun '17 No Sales 1
More from around the web