Major Pain With BlitzSafe and Logjam ...

Major Pain With BlitzSafe and Logjam Electronics

Posted in the Acura TL Forum

PhotoDiver

Las Vegas, NV

#1 Apr 11, 2007
Just wanted to warn you folks about the BlitzSafes being shipped and the return policy from Logjam Electronics. I ordered a Blitzsafe HON/M-Link1 DMX for a 2nd Gen TL-S for $79. After several weeks of backorder it arrive and I got it installed at Best Buy for $50. Two weeks later it died. Logjam sent me an advanced return allowing me to uninstall the defective and install a replacement at the same time, which I did myself this time, a royal pain. Took and hour and a half.

2 weeks after that was installed it failed and Logjam won't do an advanced return this time. They want me to uninstall, put the dashboard back together, ship the 2ND defective one back, wait for a 3rd one. Then install that one praying that it will work. There are also NO refunds. I do not trust the quality of the product after this.

I called and talked to a manager at Logjam and they said this was very rare. So I said if it's so rare why don't you try to help? Against policy they said. I then told them that I owed it to other potental customers to warn them on their defective rate and replacement policy. They said good, they want people to know their policy.

What a pain and poor customer service IMHO. All are warned!!
Logjam Electronics Mgmt

United States

#2 Apr 25, 2007
Like all on-line or mail order retail businesses operating in today’s business environment, Logjam Electronics has establish company policies that will let the customer know prior to placing an order, just what their rights are as a customer and what our rights are as a retailer. Logjam Electronics tries very hard to make sure all customers have an opportunity to read and understand our company policies, including those policies covering defective products. We have a link to our policies on every one of the well over 500 pages of our on-line store. We have a link to our policies on the order page and request that the customer read through the policies before they order so that they understand their rights as a customer and our rights as a retailer. With every order, we package a copy of the policies printed on a bright green sheet of paper in with their order.
Our policy regarding defective products is very comprehensive. First, we warranty everything we sell for a full year, even though most of the manufacturer’s warranty for the products we sell is only 90 days. However, if a product fails in the first 30 days from date of purchase, we will send a new replacement device to the customer and will include in the package a pre-paid UPS return label so the customer can return the device back to us. If a product fails after 30 days from purchase date, the customer must return the device back to us first, and then we will send a new replacement to the customer.
We are a business that prides itself in its customer service and has been successful because we do take care of our customers. Since this customer has a defective device, and it has been over 30 days from the original purchase date, if he returns the device to us, then we will send him a brand new replacement device.
Tony

Englewood, NJ

#3 Jun 26, 2007
I have the same adapter installed in my 06 Acura TL, No problems at all. I got it from Best Buy and I installed it in about 15 minutes. It sounds like you did not update your iPod firmware, You need to! It is not the adapter, after 3 you need to look at some other place for the problem. Up date the ipod from iTunes. That should fix your problem.
Victor

Helmetta, NJ

#4 Jun 27, 2007
Have you added a remote start device to your vehicle? If you have this is most likely the problem. 1st and 2nd accessory need to be switched in order for the radio to recognize any accessories that you have added to it. After you switch them you will need to reset the radio by unpluging the power harness while the Blitzsafe interface is still attached. This should do it.
AvoidLogjam

Ashburn, VA

#5 Jun 19, 2009
PhotoDiver wrote:
Just wanted to warn you folks about the BlitzSafes being shipped and the return policy from Logjam Electronics....
2 weeks after that was installed it failed and Logjam won't do an advanced return this time.... There are also NO refunds. I do not trust the quality of the product after this.
I called and talked to a manager at Logjam and they said this was very rare. So I said if it's so rare why don't you try to help? Against policy they said. I then told them that I owed it to other potental customers to warn them on their defective rate and replacement policy. They said good, they want people to know their policy.
What a pain and poor customer service IMHO. All are warned!!
I must agree with PhotoDiver. I bought an intem from Logjam only to receive it and determine that I didn't need it. The item is brand-new, in the original box with original packaging, never used, never installed. No refund. "Sell it on eBay" was what they told me. Poor customer service! Be advised of very strict and subjective return policy with this company. Best to avoid!
LogSHAM

Torrance, CA

#7 Jan 7, 2010
I wish I had read about LogJam's poor customer service before I ordered my product as well. I ordered the GM10-AUX connector for adding auxiliary inputs to my Camaro. I specifically contacted technical support with 3 different options they had on their website, and they responded that the GM10-AUX will work. After receiving the part, dismantling the radio for install, I realize, the GM10 does not connect to the factory radio at all. It connects to the same connector as the CD changer....in the trunk. Since I am trying to connect a Zune, this is not desirable. The "expert" tech support failed to mention that the GM10 will only connect in the trunk, and also did not mention that the GM9-AUX could possibly be used to connect directly to the factory radio, I just needed to verify that a 9 pin connector was present.
After presenting this issue to tech support, they agree to exchange the product and charge the difference between the two. Next thing I know, they charge me a 25% restocking fee even though their tech support told me the wrong part for my application.
The response from the company: "We assumed you wanted it in your trunk." And that was directly from the owner over the phone. Since the company is the expert in the products, there should have been information in the original email about the fact that there is a possibility that two of the parts could work.
NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. YOU WILL PAY MORE. Use a big name like Amazon that will stand by their customers, and not argue with them and manipulate their T&C's to place the blame on them.
-Getting off my soap box
Sunny

Marina Del Rey, CA

#8 Apr 20, 2010
Was just about to order. Will get something else. Thanks for sharing.
Logjam Management

La Porte, IN

#9 May 20, 2010
LogSHAM wrote:
I wish I had read about LogJam's poor customer service
Logjam has one of the best customer service records and the most liberal 'returns' policy of any on-line retailer dealing with interfaces and adapters.
LogSHAM wrote:
I specifically contacted technical support with 3 different options they had on their website, and they responded that the GM10-AUX will work.
Of the 3 different options listed in this customer's email, the GM10-AUX option was the only one of the 3 that was compatible with his vehicle.
LogSHAM wrote:
The "expert" tech support failed to mention that the GM10 will only connect in the trunk
This information is clearly stated on our website page covering the GM10-AUX.
LogSHAM wrote:
Next thing I know, they charge me a 25% restocking fee even though their tech support told me the wrong part for my application.
We were never asked to recommend any part, we were asked through email if three specific parts would work, and we informed him that only one of the three he asked about in his email would work, the GM10-AUX.
LogSHAM wrote:
The response from the company: "We assumed you wanted it in your trunk."
This is only part of what we said. What we said was, "Because you wanted to know if the GM10-AUX would work, and the website states that the GM10-AUX connects in the trunk, we assumed a trunk connection was OK."
Mercedes 99 CL 500

Portland, OR

#10 Jul 21, 2010
I contacted LogJam prior to my purchase to confirm that their iPod Interface Kit would work with my 1999 Mercedes CL 500. Their email:
"If your '99 CL500 has the Mercedes D2B fiber optic audio system, and it has the Mercedes fiber optically connect CD changer in the rear of the vehicle, then the I-MB-D2B iPod interface will work in the vehicle.

Yes, you can return the interface if we say it is compatible with your vehicle (and we do) and it turns out that it isn't, then you can return the device for a full purchase price refund."

I received the item and it did not work in my car because the 1999 CL 500 only came with an analog connection, not a digital connection to the CD changer. I contacted LogJam for a refund because it was not compatible with my car, and I was told that it was my fault for not knowing the difference between an analog and a digital connection. They refused to refund my money. I contacted the manufacturer of the device, their supplier, Dice Electronics. Dice was very helpfull, they looked up my make and model and told me that that device would not work with my car. They also told me that they supply the compatibility list of all of the makes and models to their resellers, so LogJam should have known that it was not compatible. Futhermore Dice Electronics said, in their professional optinion, that it was unrealistic to expect and end user to know the differce between an analog and digital connection. I tried to reason with the owner of LogJam, and for twenty minutes he just kept repeating that it was my fault for not knowing the difference, then he finally agreed to issue me an RMA. The RMA never came, he stopped responding to my emails, and did not return any of my calls. It was $499.95. I was cheated pure and simple. I have seen other reviews saying the same thing. Buyer beware
Logjam Electronics Mgmt

La Porte, IN

#11 Nov 23, 2010
1. Yes, we definately told this customer that "If your '99 CL500 has the Mercedes D2B fiber optic audio system, and it has the Mercedes fiber optically connected CD changer in the rear of the vehicle, then the I-MB-D2B iPod interface will work in the vehicle." We told him this because in our experience, vehicle manufacturers have put different sound systems into vehicles in model years that technically weren't suppose to have them. This was after a fairly long conversation where we told him that there wasn't any interface that would work in his '99 CL500, but he kept after us to tell him something that would work in his vehicle. So that's when we told him to check to see if his audio system was a fiber optic system.

2. Finding out if your sound system has the Mercedes D2B fiber optic system or an analog system takes about 3 minutes through a Google search.

3. We contacted Dice, the manufacturer of the interface, and they said they had never heard from this customer and had no idea what he was talking about.

4. This customer petitioned his credit card company and the credit card company took $499.95 plus another $25 processing fee from our checking account and the customer has never returned the interface device.

So we are out the more than $500 dollars AND the interface. We believe that this was the customer's purpose all along. It is very easy to misrepresent the facts and to twist the situation into something it was not. We, as a company, are very proud of our customer service and stand by our reputation and the thousands of completely satisfied customers we have had in our 11 years of existance. We also understand very clearly how dishonest some people can be.
VonPhillios

Chicago, IL

#12 Jan 13, 2011
I had a great experience with LogJam on a defective Blitzsafe interface. They sent me a new one and return shipping for the defective unit.
Logjam Management

United States

#13 Aug 31, 2011
AvoidLogjam wrote:
<quoted text>
I must agree with PhotoDiver. I bought an intem from Logjam only to receive it and determine that I didn't need it. The item is brand-new, in the original box with original packaging, never used, never installed. No refund. "Sell it on eBay" was what they told me. Poor customer service! Be advised of very strict and subjective return policy with this company. Best to avoid!
What "AvoidLogjam" failed to mention was that his attempt to return the device for a refund was a full 3 months after having ordered the device. Our "No returns for refund after 30 days from Purchase" policy was initiated several years ago because we found that some of our more 'ingenious' customers would buy a new vehicle, and after using the device for several months in their old vehicle, want to return the device as either defective or as "brand-new, in the original box with original packaging, never used, never installed."
Not Great Tech Support

Odessa, TX

#14 May 2, 2012
I will never buy anything from this company again. Tech support only seems to go above and beyond when they are selling you an item but not with refunds or questions. This is my first and last time I purchase any products from this company. I'm still waiting on a response; however since it does not involve selling a product the delay has been over 24 hrs Vs. 5 minutes when I requested to purchase a product.
Otis hester

Houston, TX

#15 Jun 18, 2012
logjam electronics has the worst customer service of Any on-line retailer. I have sent repeated emails about a product return with no response. They are very quick to ship a product to you but then the company dumps you and will not answer any correspondence if you need assistance. Order #49461.
Anabell

Windermere, FL

#16 May 7, 2013
Same problem here late last year, good tech support before my purchase, after that no customer service or tech support.
I was told that the problem was with PIE.net and to deal with them because they sold me a damage no longer in production gm12-aux2 adaptor,
It took me over a month to resolve the problem 3 week of emails to Logjam Electronics. waste of time and Finally PIE.net and oemautosound help me with a replacement part and give me the most experienced and educated tech support

Logjam learn from your mistakes, if you sold something and fails. just take it back and refund the customer, you can send the defective part and get your money back, you will keep a customer happy and coming back, so what if you lose your profit in that sale, customer cost $50.00 each
if you don't at the end it will cost you a customer that is never going back to you, not only that you lose potential new customer that are reading this and now they know they can buy their aux audio parts from pie.net or oemautosound
tammie

Dunbarton, NH

#17 Mar 10, 2014
I purchased a honda/acura auxillary input converter that was defective upon arrival I have since that filed for a refund which you gladly excepted and waited the 4-6 weeks until my money would be refunded. I have yet after 6 months of waiting received any refund what so ever not even a reply email which I have sent numerous times asking when my refund would be sent. I ask you logjam electronics management maybe you can help me

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Acura TL Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News More Advice On Acura TL Transmission Failures A... (Apr '09) May 16 Johnny 311
Acura tl 2010 sh-awd 6speed man. Apr '16 MTlover 2
Added about an ounce of dot 3 brake fluid to to... Feb '16 DumbAndDumber 1
help Jan '16 rob24 1
2008 tl power steering pump Jan '16 Brownit87 1
2012 Acura TL Tech Pkg Window Issue Dec '15 David 1
Acura TL Navi screen problem (Jul '09) Oct '15 Dunk 18
More from around the web