2001 mdx transmission slipping

2001 mdx transmission slipping

Posted in the Acura MDX Forum

Waeltzy

Perkasie, PA

#1 Apr 1, 2012
I have a 2001 mdx with 202,000 miles. The tranny just started to slip in D5 in low gears, especially going up hills. I'm just now reading about transmission recalls. I'm the originial owner and have had the vehicle serviced at the acura dealer for the life of the car. Do i have a chance of getting this corrected at the dealer under the recall bulletin.
Vic Romano

Edmond, OK

#2 Nov 4, 2013
Just had mine replaced at 165,000 miles. Apparently 2000 to 2003 Hondas, as well as other Japanese manufacturers, all had problems with transmissions. I am the original owner and I never heard about recalls either. Best of luck.
omot

Kamloops, Canada

#3 Dec 8, 2013
my 2001 started slipping in second gear only.it does not slip all the time. only some times. what can i do?
Cindy

Pennellville, NY

#4 Jan 31, 2014
I purchased a 2002 MDX last week. It has been serviced by Acura until now. It was incredibly cold the last couple of days here in CNY. I found that I have next to no heat...they say that I need a new radiator! So now I see that my new baby also has transmission problems? Should I cut my losses, put the radiator in and sell the thing? I will lose money, of course, but don't want to fear the tranny next!!!
jose luis

Ocotlán, Mexico

#5 Jul 6, 2014
Mi transmiciin de acura MSX touring se neutralisa de ir caminando. Que puedo hacer me puedes ayudar.?
Manuel

United States

#7 May 16, 2015
Hola tengo una acura mdx 2001 con un problema de transmission, hace una semana repare la transmission lo que pasa es que se neutraliza al hacer un stop y aveces cuando quiere cambiar al segundo gear quien me puede dar una idea para poder andar bien mi mdx

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Acura MDX Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
transmission failure (May '06) Sep 14 disgruntled dave 223
Electrical issues: battery, radio/ clock out, b... Sep 7 Romeorec 1
How to get Radio & Nav Codes for 2004 MDX...??? (Mar '07) Sep 2 Mike 41
2014 Acura MDX Vibrations (Aug '13) Jul '16 MDX22 159
PC Card Slot Door Open (Mar '09) Jul '16 Manny g 12
2013 mdx Jul '16 xfearlessx 1
Double Din custom dash kit (Dec '07) Apr '16 Clarkkent 11
More from around the web