1997 Ford Ranger Starting Problem/ Sh...

1997 Ford Ranger Starting Problem/ Shutting down while driving

Posted in the Autos Forum

Since: Nov 11

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Nov 28, 2011
I have a 1997 Ford Ranger XLT 4 wheel Drive. It has 200,100 miles on it. Since I bought it 4 years ago I have had a starting problem with it. Sometimes it will satrt fine for months, other times I will go to crank it and it will crank and sputter, but wont turn over. I have taken it to many mechanics and replaced the relays in the electrical component under the hood. Now when it wont turn over I will prop the hood and punch the electrical pannel and it will adventually turn over... weird I know...

Recently it started shutting off while I am dying. No matter the speed and no matter if I am going straight, hit a bump, coming to a stop, or turn a corner.

I checked the electrical wiring under the electric panel and all wires look good and clean as well as replaced the relays.

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be and how i could fix it??
buckleyswamps

Seattle, WA

#2 Feb 10, 2013
1997 ford ranger shut off driving down road, now the engine won't turn over.
Tony

Peterborough, UK

#3 Jun 22, 2013
I have a 05 ford ranger xlt 2.5turbo diesel that starts fine when cold. However when it's warm I have a real problem starting it, being told it could have airlock but no-one seems to really know ! HELP.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AUTOPHIX OM123 OBDII EOBD CAN code reader read ... 3 hr car-diagnostic-tool 1
OBDSTAR F102 Nissan Pin Code Reader Key Program... 6 hr Spencer5 5
Foxwell NT510 has good success with BMW multisy... 11 hr lalaura 1
VAG CAN PRO VCP V5.5.1 Clone less than 50$ 11 hr lalaura 3
The Newest Version V4.3 SuperOBD SKP-900 car ke... Mon auto engineer 2
SKP-900 V4.2 Update information (will release s... Sun shawnbem 2
Volvo Vcads 88890180 PTT software Free download (Jan '16) Aug 21 cadsara 18
More from around the web